Difference between RP-PvE and PvE

OconnelPL

RP = RolePlay. It means people on an RP server will usually act and speak in character. supposedly this will mean less silly BS chatter about b00bs and WoW. at least in theory. thinking about starting up on a RP server in the hopes that some of the lame general/ooc chatter is kept to a minimum.

Can someone give me more extended explanation? :) I still don't get it.

People on a RP server will tend to talk, in character

example

PVE server

Question "which is the best server"

Answer "Nigut Road is the best server"

RP server

Question "which is the best server"

Answer "The redhead in the cantina across the street is pretty good"

Edited by Dayln

The main difference is one that is controled by the Admins. And that is the Character names.

Were on a Non RP server you'll see tones of XxDarthZergxX's and such running around with LukeSkullCracker right beside them, On the RP servers, the GM's will either change that characters name, or simply delete them, when they are reported by the RP community.

Asside from that, it'll be just like any other server. Only you'll see more players acting 'in-character' by what they type in the Chat, and the use of emotes more than normal servers.

There is no real difference. Perhaps designating a server as 'RP-PvE' attracts a few more roleplayers. If this is like every other MMO I've played, general chat on the RP server will have lots of people complaining about RPing. When one of the RPers asks them to be quiet, they say things like 'I pay my $15 just like you do, I'll play where I want and say what I want.'

There is no real difference. Perhaps designating a server as 'RP-PvE' attracts a few more roleplayers. If this is like every other MMO I've played, general chat on the RP server will have lots of people complaining about RPing. When one of the RPers asks them to be quiet, they say things like 'I pay my $15 just like you do, I'll play where I want and say what I want.'

Which is why i pointed out that the only 'real' difference is in character names. The Dev's/Mod's cant controle chat. so they dont bother, but they CAN controle character names. Which is the only real differance in a RP or Non-RP server.