Jawa spam on fleet

dakisback

People doing the whole movie "Insert Jawa Reference here" can be a little annoying at times but it's a lot better than some of the racist, hateful, vulgar, stuff I got used to seeing in Trade chat in WoW. Also, there is so much inane chatter on our general chat these days that I'm not bothered by a silly Jawa game.

My point is perhaps we should lighten up a little. General chat has tons of ridiculous chat - why focus on the Jawa movie reference? I don't think people who get a little kick out of those jokes are as "dim witted" as some of the "mature" people I see in PvP who have no idea what they are doing and get offended when you try to help them.

Only started after the server mergers for Shadowlands....had a Jawa movie name thing going during denova on tuesday...:jawa_redface:

It was happening on day one of transfers in June. I'm sure it's been happening for longer than that, as the same thing has been done for years in WoW with "Murlocs".

People doing the whole movie "Insert Jawa Reference here" can be a little annoying at times but it's a lot better than some of the racist, hateful, vulgar, stuff I got used to seeing in Trade chat in WoW. Also, there is so much inane chatter on our general chat these days that I'm not bothered by a silly Jawa game.

My point is perhaps we should lighten up a little. General chat has tons of ridiculous chat - why focus on the Jawa movie reference? I don't think people who get a little kick out of those jokes are as "dim witted" as some of the "mature" people I see in PvP who have no idea what they are doing and get offended when you try to help them.

Right there, this sounds like a person that participates in it defending them-self. Why are people picking this out? Because its nonstop for a long period and blocks anything from actually being accomplished in fleet chat, which is generally the only place groups and trades can be accomplished.

If people did it in Denova or False Emperor or some other location I wouldn't care at all.

• 5 weeks later...

There have been days where I've switched faction just to get away from the stupid jawa spam.....just to be greeted by the same thing on the other faction.

Not really something I would want to report either because there's always the risk that I would support someone who perhaps only dropped by and posted once. To be able to report the instigators I'd have to follow the damn thing, something I'm not willing to put time and effort on .