Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

While this issue does not affect me, I think now would be a good time to take a poll on this issue with your current subscribers whom will be affected by this, Bioware/EA. I'm pretty sure you would receive a good amount of feedback on the issue and will then be able to determine what players would prefer.

(Hint: Players seem to not prefer the choice you have made).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while im glad u are doin SOMETHING to address the problems, i wanna suggest that u allow us a free server transfer rather than just moving us to an assigned server.

Since i came back a few moths ago an found the apac servers pretty dead i decided to move to the NA servers, but seeing as i wasnt payin much attention i rerolled on a pve server rather than my original pvp server type.

now my 2 original 50s are on a pvp server, and since i came back i have made another 3 50s on the harbringer, if i read your response the original 50s would be goin to the bastion or somewhere which is just as useless for me

since ive come back ive invested a fair bit in cartel coins which never existed on my original chars and basically my 2nd set of chars are more advanced and better planned the 2nd time round, but id still love to have ALL my chars on a single server

TLDR: let us choose where we go please, some of us have made lives elsewhere.

When they opened APAC servers last year, they didn't lock the destination server based on the play style of origin server. Why now they lock and force us to go to a certain server?

With the high latency of US server, I know i won't be competitive anymore in warzones. So now I just want to pve.

Please give us the freedom to pick our destination server when the transfer comes. I know they said it's gonna be a merge, but really, this is basically a transfer.

My sentiments go out to the apac players and their treatment by Bw has been shocking.I will be unsubbing from swtor along with alot of the apac players find another game guys/gals

From Scotland <3

Edited by skotish

[color=#f9d648

We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:

• Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)

-eric[/color]

What about to different game play types? i am on Master Dar'Nala and have since re-rolled on The Harbinger.

I want my apac toons to go to Harbinger now and not Bastion.

FAIR DINKUM!!!!!! Sub cancelled. Ping was the only reason I played. What a wast of money and time I sunk into this game. Will never buy any of there products again.

Hard not to rant but F me if this is not the dumbest idea since ALP cut Rud for the Red head. Bad move bad move.

I know, after all the time building up a community and all the money we sunk into this game it really feels like we are being shafted. I will be trying the new server today and if I get the same dismal ping rates as my guild mates are I will be unsubbing too:mad:

.... it really feels like we are being shafted.

Hey everyone,

.... we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric

Bioware know we are getting shafted but they have thought long and hard about all the implications of that, and so at the end of the day you are judged - unimportant.

Thanks for your money bye

(Hint: Players seem to not prefer the choice you have made).

(Other hint: do you honestly think there'd be a jot less butt-hurt whining if they'd announced a merger? In that case, allow me to sell you this fine Golden Gate Bridge. )

Edited by vian

(Other hint: do you honestly think there'd be a jot less butt-hurt whining if they'd announced a merger? In that case, allow me to sell you this fine Golden Gate Bridge. )

No, I think the major complaint about the mergers is our increased latency and inability to play the game in an acceptable manner. I for one would be happier to lose my character names etc if it meant we kept our playability but telling me I may lose my character names, that my legacy will be reset AND the game will be unplayable due to latency = major fail.

Downloaded WoW again last night, their oceanic servers are based in the US but they are an APAC community and WoW is more playable with higher latency than SWTOR is. Don't know that I'll keep playing it as I much prefer SWTOR, will probably just quit MMO's until Titan launches.

My legacy still exists over on Harbinger, if given the option would probably rather go over there in case it is taken on The Bastian, seeing as im not leveling a character to find out! But then, i'd want my mates to come too so wouldnt want to be an exception.

Options should be available please.

Not sure there was ever a good solution to this mess. I play out of Japan (a real headache to even begin, thank you EA) so I use APAC servers. Now, I'm not sure if many of you are aware of this, but for some reason my IP routes through the US to get to Australia. Long story short, I routinely play with around 300ms latency. This is actually an improvement to me, personally, because I will have a reduction of latency, cutting it about in half. That being said, a lot of my guild members are really upset and are moving to other mmos because of this, which really isn't a big deal as we've been expanding into other games recently and opening guild branches there. Still, sad to see something like this happen, and I am torn about whether to be happy or sad.

Not too sure if this has already been posted earlier in this subject but here goes.

Can Bioware give us AT LEAST an approximate date of when (or if, due to the amount of outrage and people unsubscribing) this move is bound to happen?

Nevertheless, this will obviously ruin Bioware's already fragile reputation in the APAC region, if they don't get this sorted out soon and change their mind, not to mention the amount of money they're losing coming from the APAC region from subscribers and buying Cartel Packs among other things.

How about a compromise, Bioware? If you charge an extra $10 on top of the 180 day subscription (even slightly more), will you please keep at least 1 of the APAC servers running?

No, I think the major complaint about the mergers is our increased latency and inability to play the game in an acceptable manner. I for one would be happier to lose my character names etc if it meant we kept our playability but telling me I may lose my character names, that my legacy will be reset AND the game will be unplayable due to latency = major fail.

I regularly play on the Harbinger as well as Gav Daragon. The latency is in the order of ~140 MS from Melbourne on a cable modem; not as lovely as the ~25 MS I get on GD, but not exactly a nightmare either, and better than the ~250 I got back in the WoW days. I gather if you are an elite WZ player, especially melee, the lag makes a difference, but it doesn't make much of a a difference to PvE content - it's perfectly playable, in fact, it's usually barely noticeable . Although, if you are an elite WZ melee player, then you have my sympathies.

So go reserve your character names. If they are taken, see what you can do with diacritics and accents. You can type them into a Word document and cut-and-paste (Control-C, Control-V) them into your character creator.

No one has said that your Legacy will be reset - where do people come up with this nonsense? When they consolidated the US servers, people's Legacy went with them. Do you really think they are going to implement Reputation one week, and then strip us of it the next? (What am I saying - you probably do ... Want a Presidio to go with that bridge?) And BW/EA even made Legacy names non-unique, so people could keep the Legacy they were used to playing with.

Not too sure if this has already been posted earlier in this subject but here goes.

Can Bioware give us AT LEAST an approximate date of when (or if, due to the amount of outrage and people unsubscribing) this move is bound to happen?

Nevertheless, this will obviously ruin Bioware's already fragile reputation in the APAC region, if they don't get this sorted out soon and change their mind, not to mention the amount of money they're losing coming from the APAC region from subscribers and buying Cartel Packs among other things.

How about a compromise, Bioware? If you charge an extra $10 on top of the 180 day subscription (even slightly more), will you please keep at least 1 of the APAC servers running?

This. A harsh reality of living in Australia is that our data and server hosting are very expensive. I would pay slightly more to offset this. But no, it's easier to just cut your losses on unsubscriptions and move the remaining Aussies to US servers. They don't care about quality of service or good faith to the community.

I regularly play on the Harbinger as well as Gav Daragon. The latency is in the order of ~140 MS from Melbourne on a cable modem; not as lovely as the ~25 MS I get on GD, but not exactly a nightmare either, and better than the ~250 I got back in the WoW days. I gather if you are an elite WZ player, especially melee, the lag makes a difference, but it doesn't make much of a a difference to PvE content - it's perfectly playable, in fact, it's usually barely noticeable . Although, if you are an elite WZ melee player, then you have my sympathies.

So go reserve your character names. If they are taken, see what you can do with diacritics and accents. You can type them into a Word document and cut-and-paste (Control-C, Control-V) them into your character creator.

No one has said that your Legacy will be reset - where do people come up with this nonsense? When they consolidated the US servers, people's Legacy went with them. Do you really think they are going to implement Reputation one week, and then strip us of it the next? (What am I saying - you probably do ... Want a Presidio to go with that bridge?) And BW/EA even made Legacy names non-unique, so people could keep the Legacy they were used to playing with.

So wonderful you have cable, not all of the rest of Australia do....

I'm so glad someone found time to delete my favorite posts in this forum, shame they didn't also have enough time to give us a reply to the 652 posts (not including those that were deleted) that were put up after they announced their plan for APAC servers.

Hell yes there would be less complaining and more cheering if they did announce a forced merge.

Another way they could have gotten less complaints is if they simply said that the APAC servers were not long term financially viable as the reason for closing them.

Instead they tell us that the best method for our long term enjoyment of the game would be to close all three servers, and push our characters into three unstable servers that the numbers others have posted indicate would not fix the population issue that is the primary complaint because of the time zone peak hours.

Okay comon APAC! it took them 300 or so pages of comments for them to make this stupid decision so lets bump up the pages again and hope they frekin listen to us this time...

I dont want to leave this game, but will be forced to if i cant play without lagg and DC's, the guilds i am apart of have come too far to be denied by the companies really lame excuse for a solution...

ima miss you guys, GavD - Visz, CoR, F O R K L I F T :(

also please sign the petition if you have not already http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1/signatures.html

So wonderful you have cable, not all of the rest of Australia do....

Here are some ping rates from all over the APAC region. I was actually surprised the ADSL ones were so low. Whether you decide to play or not is totally up to you - some people and some playstyles allow for more latency than others.

But I'm sick of people claiming the game will be "unplayable." Especially when all they have to back it up is the Chicken Littles in this thread.

Hi Bioware / EA

Thank you for giving me the last 18 months or so to play your game. I enjoyed it immensly. Now that you have announced that the APAC servers are going to be rolled into NA servers, I have lost all desire to play this game. I will continue to subscribe through ROTHC until these server merges take place, at which point my account will be unsubbed.

This has been a great game, and a real shame to see it die in the APAC region. Subscribers could see past the games cons as it had the biggest pro that any MMO could have - local servers. Now the cons completely obliterate the pros. I will not pay money to back to ~ 250ms.

I would advise that you keep spending the money on a SINGLE MEGA APAC SERVER and MARKET IT AS THE ONLY LOCALLY SERVERED MMO IN THE REGION. Your EXTREMELY loyal player base here that has put up with a lot, and would no doubt continue to do so, but this is completely unacceptable. Consider me another (soon to be) unsubbed ex-loyal customer.

MDN - Schnipe (Sniper) Reprisal (BH Tank) Rëd (Jugg DPS) Innercourse (Op Heals) Voidex (Assassin Tank) Förce (BH Heals) Deceït (Sorc DPS) Deathpop (Guardian Tank)