Damage reduction - am I missing something or is it broken?

Eszi

tooltip dmg 4500-5200 (weapon)

75% surge

assuming i get the lowest, assuming 25% damage reduction, should be:

4500*1.75=7875

25% of that of that is 1986

7875-1986=5889

5,8k, assuming MINIMUM damage.

So can someone explain how come i can only get 5k medal on unbubbled sorc in pve gear?

Oh, and I have 1158 exp too

And the ability could be Master Strike, but i'm sure theres more like it

Master strike is channelled ability and the tooltip range is total damage over 3 seconds, meaning all three strikes added together, not one huge.

If the skill in question is indeed master strike, there is your explanation :)

Edited by Ameepa

But that kinda works out, no? 900 Exp is like 15% damage reduction if i remember correctly, and then the damage reduction from Armor which is the 25 you stated. (and then maybe a few percentages of flat damage reduction from talents) Or am i not seeing something?

But that kinda works out, no? 900 Exp is like 15% damage reduction if i remember correctly, and then the damage reduction from Armor which is the 25 you stated. (and then maybe a few percentages of flat damage reduction from talents) Or am i not seeing something?

His damage reduction was less than 25%

Yes, exp gives like 15% reduction, but remember that i also have 22% damage boost

True but he has 1158 exp, thats like 22% damage boost.

Edited by Pekoo

True but he has 1156 exp, thats like 22% damage boost.

His damage reduction was less than 25%

Yes, exp gives like 15% reduction, but remember that i also have 22% damage boost

hmm i knew i was missing something ;-)

I'm at a loss then, only thing i can think of is that your expertise damage bonus is included in your tooltip damage, which seems insanely high otherwise, but that would be weird too. Did you try how high you crit on a test dummy?

hmm i knew i was missing something ;-)

I'm at a loss then, only thing i can think of is that your expertise damage bonus is included in your tooltip damage, which seems insanely high otherwise, but that would be weird too. Did you try how high you crit on a test dummy?

expertise is not counted into the tooltip dmg.

dummy gets hit for 4,8k-ish

oh, and the exact damage on the tooltip is 4689 - 5424

This is ticket worthy.

But how many targets you tried on this? How do you know the guy is in PVE gear? Could it be possible other targets were guarded or you were being taunted on your other critted attempts?

It seems when it crits on any medium armor target who have no active defense, you should get 5k medal. But there are active defenses, taunts and guards available in game. So, until we know more, I don't think anyone can answer this.

Of course, go ahead and ticket it.

This is ticket worthy.

But how many targets you tried on this? How do you know the guy is in PVE gear? Could it be possible other targets were guarded or you were being taunted on your other critted attempts?

It seems when it crits on any medium armor target who have no active defense, you should get 5k medal. But there are active defenses, taunts and guards available in game. So, until we know more, I don't think anyone can answer this.

Of course, go ahead and ticket it.

I know the target is in pve gear, when it's a sorc with 22k, and gets hit by my dots way more than usual (2k with overload saber for e.g.)

The sage i tested it with, had full recruit, so that's ~20% reduction, had way less expertise, didn't use bubble or any other defensive cds. Max crit was 5,3k.

According to this thread, the warzone dummy has 20% damage reduction, and expertise does not affect it at all.

That means that non-crit should hit it for around 4k, and crit should be 6k+.

And yes, I did ticket it :)

hmm maybe the trauma-debuff in bgs is applyed on dmg aswell but not displayed in the tooltip?

[aunt Edith says]

The sage i tested it with, had full recruit, so that's ~20% reduction, had way less expertise, didn't use bubble or any other defensive cds. Max crit was 5,3k.

5224*0.7(trauma-debuff) = 3656.8*0.8(armor reduce)=2925.44*0.85(expertise reduce)=2486.624*1.22(your exp-increase)=3033.68*1.75(your assumed critmultiplyer)= 5308.94

seem to work that way

Edited by Tankqull

hmm maybe the trauma-debuff in bgs is applyed on dmg aswell but not displayed in the tooltip?

[aunt Edith says]

5224*0.7(trauma-debuff) = 3656.8*0.8(armor reduce)=2925.44*0.85(expertise reduce)=2486.624*1.22(your exp-increase)=3033.68*1.75(your assumed critmultiplyer)= 5308.94

seem to work that way

Isn't trauma supposed to only reduce healing received:rak_02:

Yeah that's how i understand it....did you check your combat logs? Could the damage for each saber be counted seperately?

If the damage was counted seperately, there should be 2 numbers over the target, or 1 number and "miss/parried/dodged" text, but there is just one.

Merciless Slash attacks with both weapons.

The tooltip shows the total damage assuming both weapon hits.

If I am not mistaken the damage is split approximately 3 to 1.

Your main hand will strike for 75% of the total damage while the offhand will strike for the remaining 25%.