Is sith assasin good for DPS?

BrianAC

As of now, PvP, they are fine. PvE, vs end game boss fights...not so good. If you know how to play them, you can really eat Marauders up. They just lack against HM extended boss fights.

We'll see how they do once 1.4 gets here. Some big changes.

Emphasis on "good" but not great. I see no reason why one wouldn't earn their raid slot. I've been dps since I hit 50. First as Madness, now as Deception doing hard mode Denova. I think Marauders beat us, but I rarely raid with them to be able to give you accurate metrics on that.

I just made a new character and i like the DPS role, i was wondering if i could make a sith assasin's role DPS and if so how good is it compared to a marauder or knight?

As you level you can pretty much use any spec and do fine for questing and lowbie pvp. But if you want to do damage then Madness is the way to go. Many criticize the Assassin for not having any endgame dps, or not able to hang with Marauders during operation boss fights, I have to disagree. Madness is our pve dps tree, it always has been. It doesn't shine at first, but after you start getting Rakata + gear your dots will be hitting hard and your dps will soar.

The big issue with the Sith Assassin Dec spec is it doesn't start to shine until you get your main stat (willpower) past 1,500 and it helps to have gear set bonuses.

Now with 1,856 Will and 1,750 End and a modded and augmented out rakata/col set, I can hold my own in end game. Open world PVP is no problem and I can contribute in WZ's

This is not the best WZ class IMO, and there are better / easier DPS classes to gear up on end game pvp. But, if you stick with it and master your rotation along with control, buff and defensive powers, you should be fine.