Our vote on putting back mercenary's tracer missile old animation back.

Michaelmccr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry:

But the old animation looks crap -- All but literally: It looks like he's having a particularly effortful ****.

KEEP TRACER MISSILE AS-IS!

That is all.

I've got a new comeback for this. Brace yourselves!

He looks like he's having a particularly effortful ****? I must've missed the part when he spawns a toilet bowl whenever he fires Tracer Missile, and launches through the air toward his target, propelled by a high pressure stream of diarrhoea! You know because whenever I take a dump, I make sure I'm always on a toilet! Although I admit if you haven't been toilet trained yet and just crap yourself on whatever surface you're standing on at the time, I can definitely see how the old animation would look like you're taking a dump.

Edited by fujeo-finel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know this is a sci-fi video game. But things should at least sort of make sense in-universe.

The whole point of a "Tracer" is that it marks the target so you can improve the aim of your other attacks, in this case providing a beacon on the target for your Heatseeker Missiles.

Let's think a moment. If you want to mark a target accurately and precisely from range, which would you do?

a) Bend over and shoot a massive, inaccurate rocket from your back in such a way that the trajectory is almost impossible to estimate. Furthermore, even with an advanced targeting or guidance system, the backpack is immobile so the projectile's trajectory will be affected any movements of the torso (and yes, the kickback would be huge. That's why Jango braced himself against a pillar before firing his backpack rocket). Furthermore, this rocket is so massive that you can only fit one of them in your backpack, so if you fail to mark your target then there is no backup plan.

OR

b) Use a laser-guided projectile mounted from your wrist which can be easily primed and aimed and used in the heat of battle.

The current animations make perfect sense. Need a big and firey AoE explosion where absolute precision is not required? Fire the massive rocket from your back. Need a precisely aimed shot to mark your target for the following Heatseeker Missiles? Fire a laser-guided wrist-mounted projectile.

Edited by Jenzali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know this is a sci-fi video game. But things should at least sort of make sense in-universe.

The whole point of a "Tracer" is that it marks the target so you can improve the aim of your other attacks, in this case providing a beacon on the target for your Heatseeker Missiles.

Let's think a moment. If you want to mark a target accurately and precisely from range, which would you do?

a) Bend over and shoot a massive, inaccurate rocket from your back in such a way that the trajectory is almost impossible to estimate. Furthermore, even with an advanced targeting or guidance system, the backpack is immobile so the projectile's trajectory will be affected any movements of the torso (and yes, the kickback would be huge. That's why Jango braced himself against a pillar before firing his backpack rocket). Furthermore, this rocket is so massive that you can only fit one of them in your backpack, so if you fail to mark your target then there is no backup plan.

OR

b) Use a laser-guided projectile mounted from your wrist which can be easily primed and aimed and used in the heat of battle.

The current animations make perfect sense. Need a big and firey AoE explosion where absolute precision is not required? Fire the massive rocket from your back. Need a precisely aimed shot to mark your target for the following Heatseeker Missiles? Fire a laser-guided wrist-mounted projectile.

We don't care!

alot of players who play mercenary's are leaving the game cause of the tracer missiles animation

And just for good measure, add in a SHORYUKEN sound effect to rocket punch or I'm unsubbing tonight.

Wait....can we get an AoE shoryuken rocket punch with AoE knockdown? I have 2 Mercenaries who support this and also a Sniper.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

We would like our mercenary old tracer missile animation back please.We have more than 20 to 30 vote for it to come back.

our results on the new animation is that its plain terrible and the old animation is better plus it make us looks like we are a bounty hunter mercenary with a missile on our back:). I agree with them on the old animation and keep fusion animation the same cause I like it alot. I understand that the other who like the new animation but there not enough of there votes they only have 15 votes,alot of players who play mercenary's are leaving the game cause of the tracer missiles animation and more.

I myself and other 30 to 100 mercenary's player would like the old tracer missile animation back please I speak from the 30 to 100 mercenary players who would like it back dep.

Really...? The community stood up in the beginning and BEGGED for the animation to be changed - and the fact that we were actualy heard, stands for something. I dont know if you were playing back in the days of the old tracer animation, but belive me, it doesnt provide any joy to see your character taking a huge dump 75% of the time its dealing damage.

Really...? The community stood up in the beginning and BEGGED for the animation to be changed - and the fact that we were actualy heard, stands for something. I dont know if you were playing back in the days of the old tracer animation, but belive me, it doesnt provide any joy to see your character taking a huge dump 75% of the time its dealing damage.

I must've missed the part when he spawns a toilet bowl whenever he fires Tracer Missile, and launches through the air toward his target, propelled by a high pressure stream of diarrhoea! You know because whenever I take a dump, I make sure I'm always on a toilet! Although I admit if you haven't been toilet trained yet and just crap yourself on whatever surface you're standing on at the time, I can definitely see how the old animation would look like you're taking a dump.

I must've missed the part when he spawns a toilet bowl whenever he fires Tracer Missile, and launches through the air toward his target, propelled by a high pressure stream of diarrhoea! You know because whenever I take a dump, I make sure I'm always on a toilet! Although I admit if you haven't been toilet trained yet and just crap yourself on whatever surface you're standing on at the time, I can definitely see how the old animation would look like you're taking a dump.

Please quit and never come back.

One of the reasons to change the animation was to lower the agro in pvp. Because that "difficult" stance is very noticeable and cries "kill me, i am here", people asked to change it somehow :D

But i just cant get why our new tracer missile fire animation demands us to stand still. I think i can shoot the wrist rocket similar to missile salvo on the run. Anchored stance is illogical comparing to the old backpack barrrage.

so, no, dont revert the change. But i can foresee our "new" wrist tm launch animation to be tweaked a bit, or get another new one.

• 5 weeks later...
The wrist-fired TM feeds my Ironman fantasies, so no.

This is the tracer missile animation.

this is another one.

Bracer rockets are much less common, and while they did existed, they were not used in movies of any kind (but they were shown in games and comic books).

Yes, i want to see old animation back, because i just liked the bending animation more (you have enough of bracer gadgets already having RS, flamethrower, flameburst, electric dart, and explosive dart in them.

PS: Older (some from 70s) pictures of HOW BOBA/JANGO fired rockets:

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/swtoys_11.jpg

http://www.futuregamez.net/ps2games/starwbh/starwbh3.jpg

Jetpack Reference:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/JT-12_jetpack

the bracer launcher existed as an idea and appeared in several Lucasarts products)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MM9_rocket_system

Edited by Nezyrworks

Seems like the opinions are split, I say give the option to the player. THE ONLY REASON I EVER WANTED TO ROLL MERC WAS FOR THAT ANIMATION!

You still have the animation. It's just on a different ability.

No. Just...no.

That animation is easily the worst in the game IMHO. Someone earlier had is exactly right: looks like you're bending over to take a poop and lobbing poo grenades at the target. Simply horrible. It's bad enough this still exists under another ability.