~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

Jenemi

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh... scary-cute in some way. Is it possible to get it in the game?

I would love to be able to get a pet like the cat-creatures on Hoth. They look great and I'm sure that they would make great pets as long as one remembers to feed them. Ahh.. a smaller version ofc. Otherwise you wouldn't get it into the ship :p

Edited by SilentKitty

Ohh... scary-cute in some way. Is it possible to get it in the game?

I would love to be able to get a pet like the cat-creatures on Hoth. They look great and I'm sure that they would make great pets as long as one remembers to feed them. Ahh.. a smaller version ofc. Otherwise you wouldn't get it into the ship :p

Come 1.4, yes. Here is a picture of the boss it is based off of. I'm sure it'll look cuter from the side :p

At the very least, this (if the data dump didn't already) proves we will be having more enemy-based pets. While the M0-GUL Thrall Droid is kind of enemy based (as they are mines Karagga drops), they are also a recolor of the Minimech CE so :p

since the rumor for the wonderous egg is that it drops from hm ec. I wonder if the nightmare will have a higher drop rate.

It is possible, but I believe that really just applies to mounts and it unfortunately sounded like this would be a new pet altogether :(

I'm actually not really big on specific difficulty pets (I'd rather it just be any like the M0-GUL Thrall Droid if from an operation whatsoever), but it's nice to see they are doing more with pets.

Ohh... that's interesting :) do we know what kind of pet it drops?

Unfortunately, no. We were allowed to guess, but not told if we were right so :p

I do wish I thought of asking which boss it dropped from, however (even though the answer is probably Kephess).

Well, we should be finding out shortly, as (im sure you all know) 1.4 comes out tomorrow. I have a feeling this chain will be updated soon.

Well, Nightmare EC isn't coming with Terror from Beyond and was only said to be coming "sometime soon". Whether it's the next update or not varies :(

I hope that we will see more adventure pets later on :)

So far I have both the Orokeet and the little taun taun from Hoth, it would be fun with a new pet that you could get ingame through questing but one that you didn't need an entire raid-group for. Bought the Czerka Eye-droid at some point but seldom use it, well, one this is that is isn't cute and fluffy which I generally prefer my pets to be :p But I simply don't have that sense of accomplishment when it comes to pets that I have simply bought. Much prefer to quest for it rather than buying it. Then I feel happy ever single time I take out that little pet.

I hope that we will see more adventure pets later on :)

So far I have both the Orokeet and the little taun taun from Hoth, it would be fun with a new pet that you could get ingame through questing but one that you didn't need an entire raid-group for. Bought the Czerka Eye-droid at some point but seldom use it, well, one this is that is isn't cute and fluffy which I generally prefer my pets to be :p But I simply don't have that sense of accomplishment when it comes to pets that I have simply bought. Much prefer to quest for it rather than buying it. Then I feel happy ever single time I take out that little pet.

I'd like some more too honestly. They are some of my favorites and I really hate the drop pets :( ...not the pets themselves, just how they are gotten. I have such miserable drop luck and my issue with repetition and being forced to do other difficulties for reasons other than a challenge (codexes, vanity items) carries into that.

I don't really mind buying pets, but I do find the adventure/quest ones are the most fun.

There is a zone in 16m HM TFB that displays "You feel a chilling presence"

This might have to do with a pet, or amybe a bonus boss... which could drop a pet.

*keeping all my fingers crossed*

Hmm... hope it's the same for 8m HM TfB. Don't think my guild will be doing the 16m version for quite some time.

*keeping all my fingers crossed*

Hmm... hope it's the same for 8m HM TfB. Don't think my guild will be doing the 16m version for quite some time.

16-Man HM only.

I actually mentioned the cave mystery a few pages back. More or less, it is a cave under a bridge between the first and second boss (or well, the mini boss and the second boss). The cave is...nice and empty but in 16-man HM, you receive the message: "“You feel a strange and chilling presence.”"

Things that have been tried:

Entering with everything unequipped and no items in inventory.

Entering with certain Vanity Pets: All tried except Orochick and Deep Wiggler.

Going in with Shockfrozen Water

Going in with the Normal Water Buff

Going in with an Orobird Egg (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)

Going in with both the Egg and the Water Buff (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)

Going in with a Magenta Adegan Crystal

Going in with a Magenta Crystal

Going in with a Rough Magenta Shard

Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky

Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Buff

Having everyone in there at much and having a Dance Party (okay, maybe not that last part)

Dragging monster’s into the cave and killing them.

Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Debuff only

Dance Party/Something that plays music

Things that still need to be tried:

Going in with a Pristine Adegan Crystal

Going in with Womp Rat Fever

Going in with the buffs from Outlaw’s Den

Dueling in the cave.

Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Buff

Going back after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time. (EMPTY/Locked-out INSTANCE)

Checking it out the next time you do it (Not locked-out/Empty instance) after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time

Checking it after completing the story quest.

Checking it after completing it on both story and hardmode.

Going in with Deep Wiggler pet.

My main ideas are that whatever you do, it either:

A. Summons a boss (My main instinct is a Force Ghost) that drops something special.

B. Gives a Pet

C. Gives a Color Crystal

D. Summons a Chest

If you guys have any ideas or have tried some things, let me know :)

There have also been two hints given on the cave from Developers through CKN's Livestream chat:

1. Oldschool

2. 10:30 Particulate: you want to know what’s in the cave?

10:30 Particulate: only what you bring with you.

10:31 Martin_smith: oh damn, troll and true at the same time

Edited by Jenemi

Okay guys, so far every single person I've asked has gotten the pet drop when finishing up HM Terror from Beyond. Either it's 100% or at the very least, a VERY HIGH drop rate. If we here any chances or anything different, I shall make note of it :)

So I will take this moment to say Thank you, Bioware and do a celebratory dance.

Nice! Running the rest of TFBHM tomorrow night. Should get that stinkin mini wriggler!

-W

Good luck! :)

I'm hoping I'll be able to get one myself soon. Knowing there is a pet out there that is available for me to get and that I don't have it yet is torment in itself!

...plus I don't want it to turn into the Wonderous Egg situation :(

Wonderous Egg is officially declared to not actually be out yet:

So I passed everything on to our dev folk for investigation, I can confirm for you that no one has ever gotten the wondrous egg. My only guess can be that folks may have gotten it mixed up with the other egg (an easy mixup for sure). I also fear that the information you received from our CS agents appears to be incorrect, at least as far as we can tell, no one has ever gotten the egg nor has it been distributed in-game.

the oldscool clue thinks... maybe the founder title? or pets that came with the founder title... the tauntaun ram right...

or something to do with kotor... some kind of object/buff

there are a bunch of beasts outside, so maybe theya re drawn ot the cave for some reason.