~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

Jenemi

A Lobelode is also being reported from the boxes so it does look like it may carry old/retired pets which is nice.

So wait, the EXCLUSIVE gamestop cartel coin card pet drops now from boxes? Are they serious? I was so glad that I finally got the code from the US card and now I hear you can get the pet from a box... Wouldn't have bought that card else. What a waste of money and time again.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait, the EXCLUSIVE gamestop cartel coin card pet drops now from boxes? Are they serious? I was so glad that I finally got the code from the US card and now I hear you can get the pet from a box... Wouldn't have bought that card else. What a waste of money and time again.

Thankfully, no. Turns out they meant Lobelot.

I never quite understood this "exclusive" thing. Is this common to American culture ? Because we don't have "exclusives" like that here in Germany.

The Forest Nekarr Cat is kind of the exclusive for you guys :)

I think people get very possessive with exclusives is what it is--especially if they spent real money on it since if you could just get it ingame in the end, then it's kind of a waste.

For example, I will probably be buying these cards for the pets, but really have no need for the cartel coins so it'd kind of suck if they suddenly made it so I could just buy/get them ingame and saved myself 40 dollars.

Just killed Lucky the Dread-Seeded Rancor on Corellia. He dropped a Lobelot pet.

EXACT SAME as the Grand Acquisition Race pet? Because I spent quite a few tokens to get that pet.

If it's the exact same I'll be sad. And I know the people who bought the PvP version will be sad if it's an exact duplicate of their version.

Hopefully it's a reskin.

I think people get very possessive with exclusives is what it is--especially if they spent real money on it since if you could just get it ingame in the end, then it's kind of a waste.

I still do wonder, because "exclusive items" are uncommon to me - at least in common business.

If I go into a grovcery store - there's nothing limited or exclusive ... until a few years ago. Since then, I can get "limited edition" chocolate and yoghurts, too.

Same goes for almost anything else I need for a living.

The first time "exclusiveness" struck me was when I realized that Star Wars has quite a lot of it - books and collectibles, for example.

I tend to believe that this "exclusiveness thing" is just a different kind of business culture, which is now slowly beiong exported into other territories as well.

• 2 weeks later...
That is AWESOME! Thanks Jen, you've just made my day!

You're welcome! :D It's definitely the feature I am looking forward to the most (although, dyes are pretty high up there too) so I was super excited to get to write about it! <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, first you can try reading the first post in this thread. The op did a great job listing how to get almost all of the then known pets. It does not cover the newer pets.

second you can try to not be so vague. What pet or pets did he get for free? Are those pets listed on the front page of this thread? if so, there is your answer. If they are not, list the ones he got free and we can help.

• 5 months later...
Marilea doesn't play the game anymore. However, there are still pet lists elsewhere that are being updated. Dulfy, for example: http://dulfy.net/2013/01/24/swtor-pets-guide/

^ What Telanis said. Also, I recommend you to subscribe to this thread. While Marilea did a great job with this thread, now that she stopped playing, that thread has become the main hub for all the pet collectors who have not yet given up on collecting. It mostly deals with the pets attached to the 2,400 Cartel Coin codes, but we talk about all the other hard-to-get pets there as well. :)