Do lots of players actually do space missions?

Pcolapat

I think space missions add a lot to the immersion of the game, just as ships do. The missions are fun enough to enjoy doing, and rewarding enough to keep doing. They are not hard (can't believe people who think any of them are hard), but you have to pay attention even if you have done them a lot. My biggest complaint about space missions is that they have no variations. The exact same ships, in the exact same numbers, come out at the exact same time as always, from the exact same directions. It gets old after doing it alot because I know every single thing that is going to happen. Still a nice break from questing now and then though. I don't have a guild, or any real life friends playing swtor, so I haven't gotten into pvp, flashpoints, or operations yet. My schedule is just odd (hard to commit to scheduled days/times) and I am not very patient with joining pugs, so any variety is good for me.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm doing Daily missions on my 6 level 50 characters, I also always do the last space mission (which gives 2 Daily commendations) so that's 6 space missions each day I decide to perform Daily missions. So the more alternative characters I will play, the more space missions I will do.

But I certainly would not do them if they did not reward with Daily commendations.

I hope the future hard space missions will give Black Hole commendations or something equivalent to make them worth replaying over and over :)

Edited by Elysith

I dont do space missions for a few reasons.

1) I beat starfox 64 years ago.

2) the missions are pretty boring and repetitive.

3) they have absolutely nothing to do with anything else in the game. Story wise, class wise, ...anything. They're just a mini game with no point.

4) Solo only.

5) They're too GO GO GO GO GO. Ships will zoom by you in .5 seconds never to be seen again, there are no points like in Starfox where it goes into "boss mode" ie a big ship shows up and your rails now form a circle around it that you can maneuver around its special attacks, etc. Boss fights would probably tempt me to play them. Probably not.