New race available!! Yay!!

DPCummerbund

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Romances with companions i guess. Imagine a Jawa romancing with a Zabrak :p

Speaking of Bioware, since when are odd interspecies relationships a problem for them? :p

However, you maybe could add a third neutral gender which disallows any romancing at all. Of course, i will still never be able to play a Jawa as Sith Inquisitor in TOR. :(

Jeez, we already have Jawas, Calamari and Wookies as Companions in this game. What's the matter with adding them to the playable races?

I would guess they dont want to have to do all of conversations over for the non-english speaking races at this point :(

Speaking of Bioware, since when are odd interspecies relationships a problem for them? :p

However, you maybe could add a third neutral gender which disallows any romancing at all. Of course, i will still never be able to play a Jawa as Sith Inquisitor in TOR. :(

Well, speaking about Jawa in particular, they will have to pull their hoods down when it comes to kisses, thus one of the greatest mysteries of the Galaxy Far Far Away is solved! :eek:

Also, this scene looks pretty comical. Your human sized bf/gf lifts you up in his/her hands for a kiss. Cool, eh?:D

Edited by Trollokdamus

Its not just Bioware.

If the IP belonged to Bioware (like ME does) then sure but the IP belongs to Lucas Arts and they like to keep things in check.

Its not just Bioware.

If the IP belonged to Bioware (like ME does) then sure but the IP belongs to Lucas Arts and they like to keep things in check.

Wedge Antilles married a wierd bird alien Qui Xux and that was allowed though.

What about Xizor the odd Falleen Black Sun boss..and Jabba they both wanted their way with Leia.

Edited by Shuno

i would be rather easy for a Sniper to distract them in PvP...just take the laser pointer and move it on the ground and let your teammates take em out. or, cybertechs could just take one of their grenades and put a bell inside of it and just roll it down the ramps and such.

thunder...thunder...thundercats!!!

I am both surprised and disappointed with the choice of Cathar. The problem was that too many of the species were grey, green, blue, red or blind humans. Now the devs have taken 6 months to offer us another human like species.

If you are going to spend 6 months creating a species why are they making it another near human, Cathar should have been in at launch and should have been put in the game much quicker than they have. When will we start seeing real alien species.

Romances with companions i guess. Imagine a Jawa romancing with a Zabrak :p

I am sure the brief conversation, followed by fading to black for 2 seconds, followed by the 'well that was nice let's do it again maybe some day' would work exactly the same with jawas as it does for re-colored human skins.

And the other people's arguments that the MMO is fully voiced ... give me a break. Wookies, Jawas, Trandoshans are already in the game and voiced and have text. Why would that not work exactly the same way for player characters?

I am sure the brief conversation, followed by fading to black for 2 seconds, followed by the 'well that was nice let's do it again maybe some day' would work exactly the same with jawas as it does for re-colored human skins.

And the other people's arguments that the MMO is fully voiced ... give me a break. Wookies, Jawas, Trandoshans are already in the game and voiced and have text. Why would that not work exactly the same way for player characters?

Because then they still have to hire those voice actors to do it all again.

Dont forget, your voices are currently not based on your race, they're determined purely by your Gender and Class. This allows them to only have 8 Male and 8 Female voices to record.

Wheras we simply cant have a Wookie or Jawa talking with that deep American cowboy accent that Bounty hunters have, or the British Imperial voices of the Sith Warriors., it just wouldnt make sense. BW might allow it, but LucasArts never would.

Because then they still have to hire those voice actors to do it all again.

Dont forget, your voices are currently not based on your race, they're determined purely by your Gender and Class. This allows them to only have 8 Male and 8 Female voices to record.

Wheras we simply cant have a Wookie or Jawa talking with that deep American cowboy accent that Bounty hunters have, or the British Imperial voices of the Sith Warriors., it just wouldnt make sense. BW might allow it, but LucasArts never would.

Why would they have to do it all over again? Some races could speak generic huttese, for example. You can replay the same one soundbyte over and over and nobody would tell the difference. They have a variety of sound bytes they could recycle.

Hell, a lot of us would gladly sacrifice voiceovers altogether to get the chance to play as some of the iconic star wars races that were left out.

I'm actually glad we're getting the Cathar, but going forward we had better see a new race every couple of months, or more than just 1 at a time. I know this ship has been through rocky seas lately, but with the sad amount of content that's come out in the last 4 months, by the time they're launching Cathar they could've included 2 or 3 other races.

If the way this game is created limits us from ever seeing certain races, I'd rather see that architecture scrapped entirely, because your story dies at level 50 anyway, and the odds of them being able to pay the same great voice actors to do any "story" expansions you're hoping for are pretty slim anyway. It's more immersive to see these races in the galaxy than it is to have a few dialogue options you'll hear once and never listen to again.

I hold no interest in Cathar at all, I honestly hope this is just a speed bump in the way of introducing more races rather than the new race we'll have for the next couple of years.

Bring on the Kel Dor! I want to be able to create my Jedi Sentinel!

In a game where your racial choices are:

• a human
  • a human with a microchip on their face
  • a green human
  • a blue human
  • a human with a blindfold
  • a red human with things hanging off their face
  • a human with headtails
  • a bleached human with a bedazzled skull
  • a human with horns on their head

....what else did you expect besides a human with cat ears? :confused: