Horrible Event

Darth-Malice

Everything about it is poorly done and I will list some fun examples why.

No Dialogue or choices. Why is it our characters just stand there like zombies and are never given the option to ask questions or make lightside or darkside choices? How are we supposed to get invested? Your claim bioware was every aspect of this game was choice based and actions had consequences and altered the outcome of things. Not here. Least in the Rakghoul Event you could talk to quest givers and make a lightside or darkside option.

Non Instance based quest objectives. This is horrible considering the amount of players rushing in to get there quests done and even worse considering some players are doing whatever they can to frustrate people. Some examples include on Nar Shadda when your tailing the bounty hunter people whip out there speeders and sit on the little green quest markers which are already small and hard to see to begin with. People in Network access on Nar shadda farming crates over and over to get event currency hindering progress of people trying to get the main quest done. People constantly clicking items and spawning enemies making it difficult to know who's attacking what.

Bonus objectives. Why are things listed as bonus objectives on many of these quests if they are required too progress the quest itself? That is not a bonus mission then that is primary objective.

Players disrespecting other players. It's nice to see players get along, form lines too complete objectives and wait there turn. However with these outdoor and in the open clickables any ******* can run up past everyone and spawn objectives frustrating other players. How was this overlooked when making this event?

Your Rewards are a joke. You took items that existed already in your database and decided too just throw them out like they were new. You took the pvp pet people worked hard for and made it available to anyone instead of doing something new like making a bantha or rancor pet. You decided to use the alternate sand people outfit the elites ware just because it was there even though a Sand People outfit is already in game. You used a bowcaster just because it was in your database. Red Sparkle powder. I bet that took thirty seconds to tweak from the blue variant. The speeder is just another pallet alteration of the same speeder you already have six variations of. Could you try to pallet swap a different speeder? Or the the very least make a new one?

Non implemented missions. I understand the idea of a quest line but why send players items in the mail that start missions that are not even active? How about after players complete all the other missons and you decided to activate the new ones then they get it in the mail. If a player isn't using a quest guide they would waste there time going to locations to find out they can't do anything.

TLDR: This event is rushed and poorly made.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I haven't gotten a chance to play the event yet, but is it true they only have rifles out there? No BH or force user weapons?

Yes thats true at the current time of posting, BUT there will be more items to choose from as the event continues.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Re-skinned items.... kind of makes me think of another game that used re-skinned Bosses and items....

Cataclysm!

I don't understand the reason behind not having any blaster pistols! Just does not make any sense!

(Since the other part of the even still needs to be unlocked, I am hoping they add more stuff)

Or BioWare letting us know when the other quests will be unlocked! Again Poor communication!! Instead we just get a droid that says "come back later".... really?

And very sorry to bring this up, but WHY in hell do we have to fight with other people when looting stuff in the "star wars world"? In GW2 there is no "loot/mob stealing"!

Either make it instanced or change the way loot works so we don't have to fight rude people for it!!

Bah!

BUT I do like the new added story line, so it's fun in that aspect! :)

Edited by MrLeee

Technically, the items that are rewards can have their mods put in other guns, so you can strip the Cunning Blasters and Rifles into Pistols for Smugglers and Aim Rifles into Pistols for Hunters.

But the real reward here is they are Bind on Legacy so you can take your unused Rakata or Campaign weapons you were thinking of putting on your companions and put the modifications in them and send them to alts!

Every aspect of this event is horrible. A month ago you claimed new content was coming in August Bioware and then shifted your focus on the free to play. Then when then the player base asked where this new content was it seems like you took an intern and made them make this event in five minutes. Everything about it is poorly done and I will list some fun examples why.

No Dialogue or choices. Why is it our characters just stand there like zombies and are never given the option to ask questions or make lightside or darkside choices? How are we supposed to get invested? Your claim bioware was every aspect of this game was choice based and actions had consequences and altered the outcome of things. Not here. Least in the Rakghoul Event you could talk to quest givers and make a lightside or darkside option.

Non Instance based quest objectives. This is horrible considering the amount of players rushing in to get there quests done and even worse considering some players are doing whatever they can to frustrate people. Some examples include on Nar Shadda when your tailing the bounty hunter people whip out there speeders and sit on the little green quest markers which are already small and hard to see to begin with. People in Network access on Nar shadda farming crates over and over to get event currency hindering progress of people trying to get the main quest done. People constantly clicking items and spawning enemies making it difficult to know who's attacking what.

Bonus objectives. Why are things listed as bonus objectives on many of these quests if they are required too progress the quest itself? That is not a bonus mission then that is primary objective.

Players disrespecting other players. It's nice to see players get along, form lines too complete objectives and wait there turn. However with these outdoor and in the open clickables any ******* can run up past everyone and spawn objectives frustrating other players. How was this overlooked when making this event? A five year old could do better.

Your Rewards are a joke. You took items that existed already in your database and decided too just throw them out like they were new. You took the pvp pet people worked hard for and made it available to anyone instead of doing something new like making a bantha or rancor pet. You decided to use the alternate sand people outfit the elites ware just because it was there even though a Sand People outfit is already in game. You used a bowcaster just because it was in your database. Red Sparkle powder. I bet that took thirty seconds to tweak from the blue variant. The speeder is just another pallet alteration of the same speeder you already have six variations of. Could you try to pallet swap a different speeder? Or the the very least make a new one?

Non implemented missions. I understand the idea of a quest line but why send players items in the mail that start missions that are not even active? How about after players complete all the other missons and you decided to activate the new ones then they get it in the mail. If a player isn't using a quest guide they would waste there time going to locations to find out they can't do anything.

lmao, it is funny because I agree. Also, I doubt this is the entire event so stay tuned at the same time.

Yes thats true at the current time of posting, BUT there will be more items to choose from as the event continues.

What are you basing that on? Besides orange gear and pet rewards for the Rakghoul event the items in the vendor were it, there were never any added later.

Also I agree 100% OP this is a lame attempt at content, the best thing about this event is all the little things in the enviroment you see going on, if this is the kind of work they're gonna be putting into a game I'm paying a sub for it's about time for ToR to die off.

Edited by United_Strafes

The Reward for completing the event is a repallated Akk Dog like the one every got for transferring. Way to go bioware!

The Darkside Reward title is "Capable Sentient" And the Lightside one is "Imperial Loyalist" For the imperials.

Edited by Darth-Malice

Yeah. So, making a scavenger hunt with random items that never existed until the event started, then forcing you to blindly run around planets trying to find them without any indication about where one would go about looking for such a thing, or what it looks like is ssssssuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppperrrr lame.

Following the bounty hunter on Nar Shaddaa was also the dumbest implementation I could have thought of. Maybe if the quest indicated you were looking for "points of interest", the circles might actually be a clear representation of an objective instead of something so innocuous you run past it 10 times without noticing trying to find the mob you're chasing.

When you make a scavenger hunt, you're supposed to use items everyone can identify, but may be difficult to locate because they're just obscure.

It's literally the longest and most tedious fetch quest ever made.

Don't even get me started on the smuggler crates. I think I had to find like 20 before I got the 6 quest items.

Edited by Gungan

Also I agree 100% OP this is a lame attempt at content, the best thing about this event is all the little things in the enviroment you see going on, if this is the kind of work they're gonna be putting into a game I'm paying a sub for it's about time for ToR to die off.

This is exactly what i was thinking about. The way they've handled this event demonstratively shows us how they are going to handle the game in general. I suspect that the main effort from their side will be directed to the cash shop, while the quality of everything else will become lower and lower.

This is exactly what i was thinking about. The way they've handled this event demonstratively shows us how they are going to handle the game in general. I suspect that the main effort from their side will be directed to the cash shop, while the quality of everything else will become lower and lower.

That seems very likely.

A hint as to where to go would be helpful.

Of course, a little checking online goes a long way to to cutting down on the frustration.

It's as if they don't bother putting that info in the game because they know there will be a walkthrough within an hour.

Or making any effort to make certain event objectives make sense.

Edited by Gungan

Every aspect of this event is horrible. A month ago you claimed new content was coming in August Bioware and then shifted your focus on the free to play. Then when then the player base asked where this new content was it seems like you took an intern and made them make this event in five minutes. Everything about it is poorly done and I will list some fun examples why.

Players disrespecting other players. It's nice to see players get along, form lines too complete objectives and wait there turn. However with these outdoor and in the open clickables any ******* can run up past everyone and spawn objectives frustrating other players. How was this overlooked when making this event? A five year old could do better.

Deal with it man. Especially the request for more instances. Seriously? Your head would have exploded if you played mmo's 10 years ago. Does it suck when some screws up your open world quest? Sure, buts it's part of the game and at the end of the day makes it more worth while. Do yourself a favor and stop complaining so much.

Edited by Typeslice

If no event were made:

Bioware don't make events since Rakghoul Plague oh god .

If a Event is launched:

The event sucks oh god.

I had great fun in the event, and it was fun also had to beat hundreds (and be beaten hundred of times) of pubs to get the bounty hunter quest done.

Last night or early this morning (2am central USA time) when the event kicked in, it took less than ten minutes before there was QQ in the general chat (Harbinger server) over the event. Luckily I have more than one chat tab and more than one channel to use. ;)