Do you expect the Community here on the forums to improve with F2P?

Kadin

Just wondering if the fact that F2P being restricted from posting will help improve the overall experience here on the forums or will it still be as chaotic? I imagine it will help but by how much, no idea. Most MMO's I've stuck with had a pretty healthy social atmosphere both in-game and on the forums. I hope we get that one day... Edited by Kadin

If you mean ingame, not a freakin' chance.

If you mean the forum, BioWare has already confirmed you don't get forum access without a sub.

I was referring to here on the forums mainly and yeah, that's what I meant by restricted access. :D

Well if all the people that do nothing but post about their disdain for F2P leave, then yes, I do expect it to improve.

Because a barren wasteland is better to you than a thriving community of discussions you don't approve of? :p

Not to worry! I am quite certain after those that post about F2P leave, you will find some other group that you do not approve of the discussions they want to have! :D

I predict that the forums will be pretty dead by the end of this month. When F2P launches, some more players that are surprised by the cash shop will complain again... bringing the forums back to life. A month or two later the forums will be dead forever.

Because a barren wasteland is better to you than a thriving community of discussions you don't approve of? :p

Not to worry! I am quite certain after those that post about F2P leave, you will find some other group that you do not approve of the discussions they want to have! :D

Oh you have me so pegged. Well guess what F2P is happening, it's not open for discussion, and even if it were, I don't see discussions happening, all I see is whining and complaining and threats of sub canceling

I've been watching the post count for some time. There are less than 100 posts per day and have been for some time. That indicates very few people use the forums to post. Many other mmo's (SWG in particular) had thousands and thousands of posts per day just in General.

Edit, case in point, yesterday morning I looked there were 99,022 posts. Right now it's at 99,108, more than 24 hours later.

Edited by Talimar

I don't think this and LOTRO have equal communities. But for all the predictions of doom with F2P players getting in-game, it never happened. I think most of the low-lifes we dread, won't stick around this game anymore than they did LOTRO. LOTRO took too much reading, and most couldn't. The mature community wound-up annoying them more than they got fun out of griefing. Here in SWTOR, I think the leet types won't be entertained enough and will never sub. Most of the griefs won't be able to bug enough people to make it worth their time.

I've been watching the post count for some time. There are less than 100 posts per day and have been for some time. That indicates very few people use the forums to post. Many other mmo's (SWG in particular) had thousands and thousands of posts per day just in General.

Edit, case in point, yesterday morning I looked there were 99,022 posts. Right now it's at 99,108, more than 24 hours later.

So it really is a vocal minority :p