Why make force camo better than force cloak?

Order-Sixty-Six

Dunno if you played KOTOR, but sentinels in KOTOR were closer to the Shadow than they are from the SWTOR Sentinels.

Bastila Shan for one was a sentinel, and I'm sure you've noticed the similarities between Satele and Bastila, and sure you wouldn't call Satele a sentinel.

Def. AFter all the counter class was...Sith Assassin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, dots don't break stealth. It lasts how long again? ... But you can attack someone at a node, get them to break their cc breaker and immediately shroud, stun out of combat from stealth and cap while they watch you unable to respond? I swear some users on this forum have the attention span of an infant. Where did he go? Oh look, a piece of candy.

forget about whether it should or should not be a mara abil. the guy's complaint is that dots DO bring assassins out unless they use shroud. anyway...I don't think it's a huge issue.

To force all Shadows and Assassins to burn two skills just to stealth? To take away one defensive cooldown away from Shadow/Assassins if they want to use stealth without it breaking?

No one is forcing you two burn two skills as you put it however it is in an option and it works quite well. With a potential two minute cooldown on dropping into stealth and a minute cooldown on the shroud it gives you options. Once lasts literally for a few seconds and the other allows you to successfully drop combat and in doing so if you were fighting someone by yourself, allow you to stun them out of stealth. Reworking the skillset in the deception line to not break combat to prevent that said scenario from happening would be fair but otherwise the differences exist for a reason.

forget about whether it should or should not be a mara abil. the guy's complaint is that dots DO bring assassins out unless they use shroud. anyway...I don't think it's a huge issue.

All I'm saying is it's working as it was designed, it's not broken. I do think an additional temporary stealth ability given to dps operatives and scoundrels would be appropriate though as they do lack a knockback, shroud cleanse functionality or in-combat run speed, etc.

Edited by unixbomber

Another person that doesn't understand class abilities complaing on the forums. How novel.

As I've defeated you with ease many, many times, I'll default to the most common response: l2p.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this, but what the hell are you talking about?

What is there not to understand about force camo?

And if you are jawgust you've defeated me maybe twice and that was over 3 months ago (haven't seen you since) when I was in full recruit and running a crappy infiltration spec. You're a sorc, you kill nothing on your own lol, the people saving you from getting melted while I interrupt your heals do.

You're more than welcome to try me now that I'm fully modded and running a better spec.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

No one is forcing you two burn two skills as you put it however it is in an option and it works quite well. With a potential two minute cooldown on dropping into stealth and a minute cooldown on the shroud it gives you options. Once lasts literally for a few seconds and the other allows you to successfully drop combat and in doing so if you were fighting someone by yourself, allow you to stun them out of stealth. Reworking the skillset in the deception line to not break combat to prevent that said scenario from happening would be fair but otherwise the differences exist for a reason.

All I'm saying is it's working as it was designed, it's not broken. I do think an additional temporary stealth ability given to dps operatives and scoundrels would be appropriate though as they do lack a knockback, shroud cleanse functionality or in-combat run speed, etc.

So if I want the move to work reliably as a marauders does it's fine I use two abilities to their one, while they get to save their defensive cooldowns because their stealth ability works reliably every time.

"Isn't GBTF or UR enough? Can someone explain to me what a marauder is doing with stealth in the first place?" If it's about your broken mechanic, why are you talking about marauders? Is it only magically broken against marauders?

It's magically broken compared to their similar ability that works without having to blow any other defensive cooldowns. Which is why I asked, isn't GBTF enough. I have to blow cloak + resiliance to make it work. What if a marauder had 10% effectiveness on force camo unless pacify or UR was activated? Would that be fine and dandy?

No it wouldn't. They get to save their defensive cooldowns because their stealth ability works reliably every time. That's what I'm trying to say, we shouldn't need to blow resilience to be on par with a melee class's stealth ability.

Why is that such a big deal for a stealth class to ask for?

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

The real problem is that with the exception of Force Camo, the Vanish abilities in general don't work in PvP because of AE/dots/in flight projectiles, probably because if Vanish actually worked it'd be overpowered or something crazy like that. Force Camo actually works in PvP, so it's way better than its counterparts that you hit the button and get knocked out of stealth the moment after you pressed it.

Of course one have to ask why does Marauder need in combat stealth in the first place but having a working Vanish type ability for PvP itself isn't a bad thing if it worked for anyone else.

Dots break it , stop lying. I know because I get pulled out of it all the time.

Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Lasts 4 seconds. Dealing direct damage ends the effect prematurely.

Direct damage is not a DoT.

Edited by unixbomber

So if I want the move to work reliably as a marauders does it's fine I use two abilities to their one, while they get to save their defensive cooldowns because their stealth ability works reliably every time.

If you want the move to reliably keep you from exiting stealth - again, note the difference between this and force camo - then yes I would expect you to use two abilities. Different classes are different. I would personally prefer an increased force regen when traited for damage over bickering about some class going into stealth for 4 seconds.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this, but what the hell are you talking about?

What is there not to understand about force camo?

And if you are jawgust you've defeated me maybe twice and that was over 3 months ago (haven't seen you since) when I was in full recruit and running a crappy infiltration spec. You're a sorc, you kill nothing on your own lol, the people saving you from getting melted while I interrupt your heals do.

You're more than welcome to try me now that I'm fully modded and running a better spec.

No, I'm not Jawgust.

I'm an assassin.