No one will buy cash shop armors

VulcanLogic

Of course saying "no one" is hyperbole, but I think you have a very good point, OP.

For my alts which are still leveling, I will buy cash shop armors if I like them enough. Mod removal costs aren't an issue, as they are way cheaper (like for blue level 30's) and I can always just wait a couple of levels and get the new armor when I am getting new mods anyway.

At endgame, though? I have pretty much given up on anything appearance related, since I hate grinding dailies and am not savvy/dedicated enough to earn boatloads of credits on the GTN. When faced with this:

Pay hundreds of thousands of credits to remove mods from gear to put in armor I like. Then, when I get the next tier of gear, do it again, and when I get the tier above that, do it yet again. But wait! It'd be nice to give my "hand me down" mods to Nadia, so unless I want to buy another set of armor for myself and/or have us look like twins (which I do not), I need to pay to remove the mods again before I put the next tier in my favorite armor shell. Or if I want to use Zenith instead, I'll also have to pay to remove the mods on the Tionese/Columi gear I get him because I think that orangish cape set it pretty darn unattractive (and it clashes horribly with his skin).

. . . I tend to just throw up my hands in frustration and go level an alt or play something else. :p So if they want me to shell out for shiny new cash shop armors, they are going to have to do something to make swapping looks less painful.

Edited by Gwena

Pay hundreds of thousands of credits to remove mods from gear to put in armor I like. Then, when I get the next tier of gear, do it again, and when I get the tier above that, do it yet again. But wait! It'd be nice to give my "hand me down" mods to Nadia, so unless I want to buy another set of armor for myself and/or have us look like twins (which I do not), I need to pay to remove the mods again before I put the next tier in my favorite armor shell. Or if I want to use Zenith instead, I'll also have to pay to remove the mods on the Tionese/Columi gear I get him because I think that orangish cape set it pretty darn unattractive (and it clashes horribly with his skin).

This middle part is what I'm talking about.

Our problem is going to be that they've already set the bar so low with armor appearances, ANYTHING cool-looking would be very tempting...

Maybe this was their evil master-plan from the start.....

Considering all the items that dissapeared out of the box set store, and all the social items leaked in Beta that were not there at launch, if it wasnt the original plan this path certainly was Plan B since then.

I would buy it if they have what I want. Ive been running story mode EV hoping to get the exotech marauder's chest, just because I like the look of it. If I could just buy it for some cartel coins I would do so happily. yes the cost of ripping mods is way higher than I think it should be, but a day of running dailies gets your credits back

I will if they look awesome. I've already Min/Maxed my guy out so im just 100% about aesthetics now.

Also, 500k is 2 days worth of dailies...

not even really

I really dont get these whines people do about cost of switching mods

how often are they switching cause Im certainly having NO ISSUES AT ALL swapping mods here and there as I design my perfect pvp and pve sets of armor and equipment

And yup, ill buy cosmetic designs cause Sage armor looks like crap!

LOL at all these people saying they will buy stuff off the cash shops.

You have a sub and you are going to spend more money on these items? What happened to subs getting access to everything in the game?

Before you way I was going to buy it with coins that I got. You are not going to have enough coins to buy all the cool stuff in the shops.

You will be like i have 2400 coins and the stuff I want is 2500. Well I dont want to wait another month so I an going to spend the 1 buck to get that item. (no biggy its only a dollar).

Thats exactly what they want you to think also. :eek::eek::eek:

Not only that, but beware the direction this takes.

To make the cash shops successful, the best thing to do for BW is to lower drop quantity/quality. It just makes sense. With less options, you might be more motivated to buy. And now it hits them where it hurts, the pocket. The advent of the cash shop creates a new conversation on the design group : what can we do to encourage them to buy. Bad news for the rest of us.

What escapes me is why not go the way we would all expect : If you make the game fun, people will come play and spend. Instead of making us play so we can pay, makes us play for fun, and I bet people will pay.

I am one who doesn't fall for aesthetics. I want the stats. If the crystal is blue or red makes little different. Yeah, I rather have the red, but I am not doing 3 days of mind numbing dailies so that my crystal can be a different color. (Just an example).

My guess is that BW will scrap the social points system. Then release all the social armour sets in store. They will be the 1st sets you will see to buy.

They won't scrap the social points system. It's an incentive for getting people to group.