Paying for HK

kirorx

Considering that HK was in beta and then taken out... it must be pretty hard for them.

So....how was HK in beta? Was he worth the CGI trailer? Holy crap, how unfathomably stupid do you have to be to release a trailer for something that's implied to be coming soon and don't even know when you'll release it?

Edited by Thondan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They better not make HK available to be purchased.

They initially said that it would take a level 50 on both factions, along with other stuff to do, to obtain him. They need to stick by that statement! HK should be a reward from hard work, not a hand-out.

And he should only be avail to subscribers. F2Pers want him? Subscribe!

And this is the ONLY reason I went with Republic and Sith on the same server and just gambled that they would eventually open up more character slots per server so I could play all the AC's. Now I'll have to buy HK and pay for those extra server character slots.

What they will probably do is make it a questline pack to be purchased on the store. F2P will have to pay for the questline pack and subbers will get it free.. If subbers unsub then they will lose acess to it until they purchase the questline pack or resub.

I can see the future bug already... you lose access to HK and then purchase the questline pack. The game doesnt, at this point, realize you completed the questline. It also doesnt realize you havent. So you are stuck without HK and cant redo the quest either.

Could be done like this. :(

HK is just a bunch of BS. Back during San Diego Comic-Con they said HK-51 would be released in "the very near future". Now they say they have no idea when he will be released.:rolleyes:

Yes, these people are lying all the way to the bank :((

just like they don't think it will just be another pay to win game in the end. With the "i want it now for no effort MMOer" out there without pay to win there will be no money coming in.

The days of MMOs being good games that you could lost track of time in are gone. the "me first" generation of lazy *** kids that refuse to earn anything have killed the genre. They will just go to the pay to win format and be garbage.

^^this

So....how was HK in beta? Was he worth the CGI trailer? Holy crap, how unfathomably stupid do you have to be to release a trailer for something that's implied to be coming soon and don't even know when you'll release it?

He was in a ship on Hoth, if you interacted with him it said you weren't eligible for the quest. Many of us spend weeks trying to figure it out. A certain Dev kept telling us to dig deeper to figure it out... then one day another dev said the code wasn't active.

Made some of us very angry.

He was in a ship on Hoth, if you interacted with him it said you weren't eligible for the quest. Many of us spend weeks trying to figure it out. A certain Dev kept telling us to dig deeper to figure it out... then one day another dev said the code wasn't active.

HAHAHAHA

Oh man, they really are a bunch of lunatics, aren't they?

Beta was horribad in general, doesn't surprise me in the least. I remember having to type out a peeps full name just to invite him/her into a group, talk about a pain grouping, you couldn't even right click a peeps name in chat either,.

Game has come a LONG ways though I must admit, but dragging out our hopes of getting hold of HK is starting to get downright cruel.

HK is iconic to the franchise and a clear fan favorite, I wish they'd stop dicking around and get this right.

Edited by Belpheghor

Yeah. It seems there are some changes now since it appears in the description he will be on Belsalvis. Though, the video shows just a room and and hallway into the room, i saw no questline really. Hopefully there is an entire questline and you dont just have to pick him up there.

Im wondering how low they'd go with this f2p thing myself. Like would HK be considered "fluff" to be sold exclusively at the store even for subbers? He technically is ... you dont "need" HK. And even if you bought it ... how would they give it to you? Special delivery to your mail like everything else youd buy at the store or flag your account as able to access the HK quest?

Chances are there was an original concept on how to obtain HK-47 that was scrapped when the decision was made to go free-to-play.

Now there will likely be an in-game way to obtain it that is extremely grindy, but it will also be available immediately in the shop on a per-character basis.

Chances are there was an original concept on how to obtain HK-47 that was scrapped when the decision was made to go free-to-play.

Now there will likely be an in-game way to obtain it that is extremely grindy, but it will also be available immediately in the shop on a per-character basis.

i assume so, i wonder what thye will do with the crashed ship now that is on hoth.

No (unless EA/BW is not telling the truth (see below)).

:rolleyes:

If I’m a current subscriber, what will happen to me?

The addition of a Free-to-Play option will not change your current subscription unless you choose to change your account. Subscribers will continue to have unlimited access to The Old Republic, including new, more frequent content updates that Free-to-Play members will have to buy. Subscribers also receive rewards in the form of monthly Cartel Coin grants, which can be spent at the Cartel Market on new gear styles, consumables, and specialty items.

The Free-to-Play option is designed with restrictions that will limit content for free players. For more information on these limitations please visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE/features. If you are a player that wants unrestricted access, it is unlikely the Free-to-Play option will be appealing.

We all know EA always tells the truth.

Incidentally, as long as they don't classify HK-51 as a content upgrade, that wouldn't even be a lie.

I know right? :D

But, since it was stated in interviews that one would have to have a character on each side of the war to gather all the parts to HK to assemble and go through some "interesting and new" quest dynamics (technology they didn't have at launch), I would presume that HK would fall under content.

Unless ... they were just spinning, and not telling the truth ... :eek:

We all know EA always tells the truth.

Incidentally, as long as they don't classify HK-51 as a content upgrade, that wouldn't even be a lie.

Ah but there is supposedly a quest (chain) involved in obtaining HK so it would, in fact, be a content update. So Im confident that subscribers get him for free along with the quest.

Ah but there is supposedly a quest (chain) involved in obtaining HK so it would, in fact, be a content update. So Im confident that subscribers get him for free along with the quest.

That information was released before they announced the F2P switch. If you think it's not being reconfigured to make money off an item that is guaranteed to sell exceedingly well...then I just don't know what to tell you.

Of course they'll charge subscribers for it. They're not going to leave money on the table.

He'll be in the cash shop. That is too good of a money making opportunity to miss along with Revan's mask. Yeah. they may have a quest that you can do to get it in-game. But on day 1, people will flood the cash shop to get HK. Enjoy :D

Yeah, no doubt. EA is like "cha-ching!"

They will systematically bleed out everything of value from the KOTOR series over the next few years, gorging on Bioware's soul - whats left of it.

Edited by islander

I don't get why people care so much about HK-51. At the end game companions really aren't that useful anymore. All I use mine for is the Black Hole weekly once a week on each character TBH.

Why don't you ask EA, since they made a Blur Studios trailer for it and everything.

If they allow people to buy quest rewards with cash

That will probably do it for me and ill leave or just go F2P for the storylines

Im working hard on raising a Bounty Hunter as I heard a rumor i would need my 50 Repub and a moderate to 50 level imp to get HK.

I approve if this rumor is true as its one of the harder (compared to rest of game, still rather easy truth be told though) things to get in game.

So if they turned around and sold it for cash

they would lose my cash

That simple

NO Quest rewards or event rewards should ever be sold for cartel coins or real money!

If they are, then there is zero reason to play the game once you see the class story lines...and come update, Ill be able to see those for free!

Muahha if HK-Whatever ends up in the cash shop there's going to be a *****torm!

Muahhaha

They should make a lame version of HK-51 like those bad HK-50s from KotOR2 in the cash shop, and leave HK-51 for subbers only.

TBH I doubt many people would really care about companions in the cash shop since you can't really use them in any competitive endgame content anyway.

Edited by HarleysRule