When did you realize tihs game was doomed?

RiP_AzaZeL

I think it'll be interesting to see what people say about when they first realized that this game was headed in the wrong direction.

for me, it was when i first started playing and tried a warzone... I quickly found out that there was no bracketing and they had expertise. At that moment i realized that Bioware had no idea what they were doing and this game wouldnt make it the year.

EDIT FOR NOTE TO POSTERS: please only respond if you are a logical person and can see this game will never meet expectations. if you think that just becuase "you are enjoying the game" means that everything is fine, then this is not the thread for you.

Edited by RiP_AzaZeL

yeah im not talking about enjoyment of the game. i enjoyed it plenty, i loved the game, thats why im still here... but at a certain point i realized this game could never live up to what it was meant to be... i just want to see when other people realized that truth.

yeah im not talking about enjoyment of the game. i enjoyed it plenty, i loved the game, thats why im still here... but at a certain point i realized this game could never live up to what it was meant to be... i just want to see when other people realized that truth.

Isn't that the point a video game though? Enjoyment? In the grand scheme of things, if you are enjoying it - what do you care?

Isn't that the point a video game though? Enjoyment? In the grand scheme of things, if you are enjoying it - what do you care?

I understand your point... and you are right with what you are saying. but again please im only trying to find out the question in the thread, if you dont have anything to add about that, why are you here?

I think it'll be interesting to see what people say about when they first realized that this game was headed in the wrong direction.

for me, it was when i first started playing and tried a warzone... I quickly found out that there was no bracketing and they had expertise. At that moment i realized that Bioware had no idea what they were doing and this game wouldnt make it the year.

Some of us still like it lol. I like the no bracketing is fun, the game will make it more then a year. Most gamers are so *********** dense they take an mmo and turn it into a race. IE by rushing thru every piece of content. Those of us who take things slow still enjoy it, look at wow its gotten no new content for about nine months people are running they're nineth alt thru DS is the same with this game. Most of you who came here wanted a non wow game well to bad. TOR has a different feel to it then WoW and I play both.

When I finished the class quest on my Jedi Knight there was this big ceremony.

Bioware must've forgot to put up "The End" and play the credits after it, but I knew they were supposed to be there.

That's when.

lol yeah, the lack of end game was probably the kicker for most people.

Buggy Raids at launch = end of an MMO for you? By that logic, every MMO in history should have failed.

That started the road for this game to fail.

Then 1.1 came. Okay.

Content burned through.

Dynamic event came through. Okay.

It ended.

1.2 launched.

Lots were disappoint. They also lied about Rated WZs.

Post 1.2 many left.

1.3 came out. Okay.

No new content for 16 weeks+. It's sad. :rolleyes:

I thought not having the WoW level of conveniences like x-server lfg/pvp, etc., was a definite detriment to the game when it launched, since that was the target market, but I am honestly surprised that it has dropped off the way it did. The game has a lot of really good things going for it but I guess the patience level just isn't there for people.

I thought not having the WoW level of conveniences like x-server lfg/pvp, etc., was a definite detriment to the game when it launched, since that was the target market, but I am honestly surprised that it has dropped off the way it did. The game has a lot of really good things going for it but I guess the patience level just isn't there for people.

The general MMO community never had patience to begin with and never will.

There is a reason they jump ship a few months after every MMO release.

That started the road for this game to fail.

Then 1.1 came. Okay.

Content burned through.

Dynamic event came through. Okay.

It ended.

1.2 launched.

Lots were disappoint. They also lied about Rated WZs.

Post 1.2 many left.

1.3 came out. Okay.

No new content for 16 weeks+. It's sad. :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering my question...

yeah i agree, the game had a lot to work with, i think they just did a few key things the wrong way (or ignored them completely) and that turned off the hard core gamers (for the most part).

The MMO community pre-wow did. I know I'm beating a dead horse by saying that, but just saying.

Not all of us are like that, I still play WoW but I play SWTOR a lot more, thanx to the supposedly no content ******** all of the negative naggers spout out. I been playing since day one and have yet to run out of things to do.