The sound of Vital Shot

Veniras

Whenever you shoot "Vital Shot" there is "bang [pause] bang"-sound.

What is the animation mechanic behind this extra bang-sound? There is no proc to consider, it happens everytime and I doubt its a reload sound. Any rational (game or non-game mechanic) explanation?

Edited by Veniras

if youre a gunslinger then you'll use both blasters for vital shot. if you're a scoundrel i have no idea what you're talking about.

That might be the reason. A sound FX designed for gunslingers and dualwield. We scoundrels just get confused by it. ;)

TBH I don't really care, they have bigger and better things to fix than a cosmetic noise.

I'm not complaining. I just wondered if there was a specific reason.

Now I have to level a 'slinger just to see if the dual-wield animation corresponds to the sound :D

Edited by Veniras

I really don't like it. It confused me when I first noticed it not too long ago, and it's still off-putting and "clunky."

What I hate about it is if I'm dirty fighting and dotting everyone up successively in a warzone, it can get kind of confusing (was that the sound of the second shot, or my first one?) Not a huge issue but it's still annoying for sure.

Wish they'd fix it for us single-wielders... :(

Edited by Stenrik

TBH I don't really care, they have bigger and better things to fix than a cosmetic noise.

"Oh!" said the Developers "But we can't have Scoundrels giggling like schoolgirls all the time! That's something only Vanguards should do!"

And then they removed the Scoundrel Giggle.

The End.

• 2 weeks later...

On a gunslinger, if you cast vital shot while you're not in cover, it makes the bang....bang sound you're talking about because it's two separate shots. However, if you're in cover and you cast it, the gunslinger shoots both guns off at the same time so it's one sound.

It shouldn't be making two sounds on a scoundrel either way though so I assume its a sound glitch.