Since when do you need pvp gear to play pvp?

CountPain

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is given to you when you ding 50, the other 7 people on your team are there to have fun and hopefully win.

you are essentially leaving them 1 man short and while you are still in group you cannot be replaced with a player capable of contributing.

I just got kicked from PvP because i don't have PvP gear... You can still play WITHOUT the gear i just wanted to play for fun.

If you want to play for fun, just stay in lowbies bracket. Best advice I can give you.

As for getting kicked? If it was a warzone, that means you did nothing. If you are actively in combat, you will not be kicked, as far as I know.

I just got kicked from PvP because i don't have PvP gear... You can still play WITHOUT the gear i just wanted to play for fun.

If you play at level 50 get PVP gear, it's not just you you're hurting it's your team without expertise you will get ripped to shreds very easily which makes you more of a liability than an asset to the whole team

Every character gets a free set of recruit PVP gear as of 1.3 so there is no excuse playing without it. If you sold the token instead buy recruit gear with your own money or people in PVP will not like you

PvP without PvP gear would probably NOT be fun anyways. Most likely they did you a favor cuz you would die... fast. And a lot. IDK about you but I hardly find getting owned constantly fun.

PvP gear is there for a reason... at least pick up your recruit set.

the pvp gear just doesn't look good on my toons i wear rakata i prefer that over pvp gear any day

*facepalm* you may prefer Rataka but the rest of your team certainly don't. Seeing as you seem to be a PVE player let's put it this way if you could have an ops with the entire group geared in Rataka, or an ops where all but one guy are in Rataka and the other guy is in levelling greens. which would you prefer?

Ok if you have armour that is not pvp people don't like you

why? because it does not have the expertise stats and people prefer that. SO WHAT you don't have it...

Big deal? i think not

People here do not understand what it is "play for fun".

They can not understend either that moving your character from here to there, shooting stuff in specific looking gear could be way more relaxing that smashing your keybord in attempts to win by all costs.

Just engage in combat each time a vote kick is issued.

I would prefer you to be wearing full recruit at least but to demand it when i am not wearing full WH remodded and augmented to max min perfection would be hypocritical.

And besides i have fun with or without the gear thats the only reason i play is to have fun

Isn't it more fun to win? to be competitive? If not then maybe this isn't the game for you. I'm sure you can find one more suited for what you're looking for.

And besides i have fun with or without the gear thats the only reason i play is to have fun
Dont mind them. I have been in plenty of games with people with no expertise and never have I expereinced anyone being kicked so it's hopefully a rare thing. Just play and you'll eventually get enough comms for BM gear. Pull the BM mods and put them in something better looking, that's what I did.

without expertise you will be dealing about a flat 20% less damage and taking a flat 20% more. add this on to the 30% reduction from incoming taunts, and your effective damage rating against a team utilizing taunts effectively is 50% of your potential, NOT including enemy mitigation. base mitigation against pretty much every non armor pen attack, when properly buffed, is at least 10%, so in addition to only haveing 50% of your base damage you knock another 10% off of that.

the fact is you're occupying a slot that could be quickly filled by someone who at least has the courtesy to use their recruit gear.

in addition; vote-to-kick only works if you aren't actively engaging in combat, or something similar. its there to remove AFK players, not undergeared noes, so you would have only been kicked if they managed to organize the team to vote you out AND you weren't contributing to the fighting.

Isn't it more fun to win? to be competitive? If not then maybe this isn't the game for you. I'm sure you can find one more suited for what you're looking for.

don't tell me not to play... u dont have to to be competitive and u should not be because all it brings 2 things Addiction and rage if you dont win

I am a decent pvp player... i dont where pvp armour why should i!? just because other people have it does not mean i have to get it :mad:
You don't have to get it but it would benefit you and it wouldnt cost you anything really since you will get comms and some credits by simply playing. You would deal 20'ish % more damage and live 20'ish % longer.

To awnser the question since BW decided to make people that have more experience and play often pvp on SWtor gotta pwns newbies because they didn't play enough to grind their own gear .

Also it allow most players to tell you "L2P" while they don't even know how to play themself.

Good luck with pvp OP but sadly even if the system suck you won't go far without a gear with expertise (even if you're going to camp respawn with your recruit gear).

Have fun.

You don't have to get it but it would benefit you and it wouldnt cost you anything really since you will get comms and some credits by simply playing. You would deal 20'ish % more damage and live 20'ish % longer.

i see what your saying but i am just sick and tired of being told " oh he is not good enough for this he does not even have the gear"

don't tell me not to play... u dont have to to be competitive and u should not be because all it brings 2 things Addiction and rage if you dont win

I don't care what you do... you paid for the game. Jump in a WZ naked if you want and you're having fun. I'm just saying there are games out there more suited to your play preference.

But I'll also say that most MMO's have a competitive community and the gear makes a substantial difference. Most people are not going to want you on their team without PvP gear.

That's just the way it is. I don't care how you play... you have the right to do what you want... but I also have the right to vote you off of my team ;)

To awnser the question since BW decided to make people that have more experience and play often pvp on SWtor gotta pwns newbies because they didn't play enough to grind their own gear .

Also it allow most players to tell you "L2P" while they don't even know how to play themself.

Good luck with pvp OP but sadly even if the system suck you won't go far without a gear with expertise (even if you're going to camp respawn with your recruit gear).

Have fun.

I hate hearing that too

I don't care what you do... you paid for the game. Jump in a WZ naked if you want and you're having fun. I'm just saying there are games out there more suited to your play preference.

But I'll also say that most MMO's have a competitive community and the gear makes a substantial difference. Most people are not going to want you on their team without PvP gear.

That's just the way it is. I don't care how you play... you have the right to do what you want... but I also have the right to vote you off of my team ;)

I have been wating for this game ever since KOTOR 1 and this is the ONLY game that sparks my interest