Do you think we are overpowered?

PowerReaper

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that only 1 change should be made to us. And that is to make GBTF/UR require no health cost to activate, but allow for no healing received for the duration. With that change I would say we are not overpowered because it would take away 1 of our get out of jail free cards. GBTF/UR are easy to counter in a 1 on 1 situation, but with a healer with us it essentially gives us a second life.

edit: this could potentially be changed to not being able to receive healing from outside sources so that the dots would still heal. However, I'm not certain if medpacks should be allowed during it. Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

Edited by iRedRIng

I don't, never have, never will, Sentinels/Marauders do you think we are overpowered.

We are perfectly balanced, I (anni spec marauder full stock WH and auged)pretty much only die to like 3 mara/sents (all of which are anni spec and all outgears me) and one (1) tankasin on my server.

This is from 1v1 defending/invading experience.

I die plenty when I try to solo a node being defended by 2 to 3 people. Vs 3+ I usually kill 1 of them then get killed. Vs 2 a lot of time I kill them both but if I am capping the side node I wont have enough HP left when they come back from their side speeder (and ofc I will die), at that point I use all my CDs to delay my death and hope my ally reinforce me..

Edited by warultima

I think that only 1 change should be made to us. And that is to make GBTF/UR require no health cost to activate, but allow for no healing received for the duration. With that change I would say we are not overpowered because it would take away 1 of our get out of jail free cards. GBTF/UR are easy to counter in a 1 on 1 situation, but with a healer with us it essentially gives us a second life.

Reducing healing would make it worse, the reason being is when you get out of it your screwed you have next to no hp...

Reducing healing would make it worse, the reason being is when you get out of it your screwed you have next to no hp...

Also the whole idea was to make it worse. That's kind of the point of nerfs. But to not overnerf, I suggested removing the health cost required to activate it.

Cute thread Power but this is like asking Americans "Do you think we are rich?"

Almost all will say no, and go to wallstreet and talk about being the 99%, yet if your household makes 40k a year then they're in the top 1% of all wage earners in the entire world.

Sent/Maras saying they don't feel overpowered because if they try to take a node being defended by two people they can't kill both and cap the node before the people they killed come back is pretty hilarious.

What's that? If you try to take on people 3v1 you can only seem to kill two of them before you die?

My heart bleeds.

edit: RedRing, I personally, and I may be in the minority here, would just like your force camo removed, or put on at least a 2m cooldown. Making Guarded reduce all healing received by 99% is an interesting idea though.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Cute thread Power but this is like asking Americans "Do you think we are rich?"

Almost all will say no, and go to wallstreet and talk about being the 99%, yet if your household makes 40k a year then they're in the top 1% of all wage earners in the entire world.

Sent/Maras saying they don't feel overpowered because if they try to take a node being defended by two people they can't kill both and cap the node before the people they killed come back is pretty hilarious.

What's that? If you try to take on people 3v1 you can only seem to kill two of them before you die?

My heart bleeds.

edit: RedRing, I personally, and I may be in the minority here, would just like your force camo removed, or put on at least a 2m cooldown. Making Guarded reduce all healing received by 99% is an interesting idea though.

Call me Cristine, Guarded By The Force maybe a 1min cooldown? and do nothing to Guard By The Force, its not a problem if you know how to deal with it

Call me Cristine, Guarded By The Force maybe a 1min cooldown? and do nothing to Guard By The Force, its not a problem if you know how to deal with it

So you stun through guarded by the force. Then tab to someone else and then 4 sec later tab back to kill the sentinel. Oh wait. You can't kill him now. He has full health. Now you know his GBTF is down so you focus him. You get him really low and then he camos. You attack something else until he comes back. What is that? His health is back again from the healing he received while camod? You burn him down again. By this time, it is likely that GBTF is up yet again and yet again the sentinel gets away.

As you wish Cristine.

And wait you wanna put GBTF on an even SHORTER cooldown? 90 seconds is already too often. Or did you mean force camo? No that should definitely be 2 minutes.

As you wish Cristine.

And wait you wanna put GBTF on an even SHORTER cooldown? 90 seconds is already too often. Or did you mean force camo? No that should definitely be 2 minutes.

I don't think camo should be on a 2 min cd because it doesn't drop combat like other stealth abilities do.

(I'm not a Mara/Sent)

The class's DPS output is fine. Survivability needs to be lowered, though guys. You can't have the best of both worlds, and right now, you do.

Yep. Sents/maras are by far the hardest dps to kill. Which is why they are usually focused last. Makes more sense to burn the squishies first.

I don't think camo should be on a 2 min cd because it doesn't drop combat like other stealth abilities do.

2 min CD if it drops combat then? But then you don't get the movement speed buff (since you'd have sprint again since out of combat) and you still only get the limited stealth. You aren't actually a stealth class you know.. Also keep in mind that it's essentially your FOURTH "oh crap" button. The 2 min CD was my compromise from having it removed altogether.

(I'm not a Mara/Sent)

The class's DPS output is fine. Survivability needs to be lowered, though guys. You can't have the best of both worlds, and right now, you do.

Without survivability what would we be though? if we keep dying we put out no dps...

Without survivability what would we be though? if we keep dying we put out no dps...

I may be wrong but other classes tend to die too :p

Don't have a problem with the damage output but currently maras/sents have too powerful defensive cooldowns.

Edited by Helistin

I may be wrong but other classes tend to die too :p

Think about it this way, most other dps classes can do more then just do damage. Example a Commando, they can heal, aoe, support, etc. All we can do is really damage, so without survivability we can't do that.

You'd be melee commandos with no cast time? Oh wait that's called a vanguard. Oh wait assault vanguards without Reactive Shield are really squishy and that cooldown only grats them 25% DR.

Think about it this way, most other dps classes can do more then just do damage. Example a Commando, they can heal, aoe, support, etc. All we can do is really damage, so without survivability we can't do that.

Commando healing in a DPS spec is mostly there to get a free medal if you manage to get out of a fight alive but down some HP. In actual combat it's just not done if anyone is actually attacking you.

Even if that wasn't true its not like we can heal, aoe, support, etc. unless we're alive either.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

2 min CD if it drops combat then? But then you don't get the movement speed buff (since you'd have sprint again since out of combat) and you still only get the limited stealth. You aren't actually a stealth class you know.. Also keep in mind that it's essentially your FOURTH "oh crap" button. The 2 min CD was my compromise from having it removed altogether.

I think the camo is fine. If you have the extra speed with the camo, then that means that you don't get rid of roots and snares. but if you get rid of that then you don't get that big of a movement speed increase and only lasts 4 seconds during which you can't do any damage since you wouldn't have dots (other than a weak cauterize when in combat spec)

Sents maras can do a lot outside of damage also. See adding plus 15 percent healing and damage to entire ops group for 15 sec, increased run speed for 10 sec, and healing to entire ops group.

I think the camo is fine. If you have the extra speed with the camo, then that means that you don't get rid of roots and snares. but if you get rid of that then you don't get that big of a movement speed increase and only lasts 4 seconds during which you can't do any damage since you wouldn't have dots (other than a weak cauterize when in combat spec)

Considering the ability is basically there so you can call no joy and run away, the fact that you do no damage isn't really the main concern. You wouldn't do damage if you were dead, which you would be if you weren't running away, and if you're running away keep running away.

And you can still spec into it cleansing roots/snares. Just the only movement speed increase you'd get would be from sprint by being dropped out of combat.

Plus like I said, since you have 3 other oh crap buttons, we could always just remove it.

Considering the ability is basically there so you can call no joy and run away, the fact that you do no damage isn't really the main concern. You wouldn't do damage if you were dead, which you would be if you weren't running away, and if you're running away keep running away.

And you can still spec into it cleansing roots/snares. Just the only movement speed increase you'd get would be from sprint by being dropped out of combat.

Plus like I said, since you have 3 other oh crap buttons, we could always just remove it.

How do you count 3 other oh crap buttons? The other 2 defensive cooldowns, while good, don't exactly stop us from getting harmed or let us get away. If you make the change I said initially, then camo would essentially be our only get away option.

Mara/sents in terms of raw power are not overpowered.

They cooldown force camouflage on their other hand is plain unfair. It has far too short cooldown for the advantage is provides(escape every dangerous situation). It's really not fun to fight them, when they can just pop a cooldown and "nananana you can't catch me". 4 seconds is enough to run away and hide or get a coming back first two strikes.

Edited by MelodicSixNine