why HK as a companion?

Johnnyballz

Don't get me wrong, I have been begging for an HK since i started playing, but why bring them on as a companion? Why couldn't they make the HK-51 a playable assasin/bounty hunter character for the empire and have a republic counterpart?

Don't get me wrong, I have been begging for an HK since i started playing, but why bring them on as a companion? Why couldn't they make the HK-51 a playable assasin/bounty hunter character for the empire and have a republic counterpart?

Considering they are either based on the HK 50 or HK 47 personality, HK 51 wouldn't be able to have any companion chars of his own, because he would initiate assassination protocols and eliminate them...

I think that BW missed here great chance and that is to have assassin droid as playable class for both factions in the future which would be more fun than having him just as companion. Edited by Lunablade

Yes, I wondered why there wasn't a droid character class. Thought there would be when I first head about the game. But oh well. Just wish I could gear the droids I have as easily as my humanoid companions. They better get on this for when HK-51 comes out.

The reason that they can't be a class is because droids (even the HK models) are considered to be nothing more than property.

A droid does not have the free will that a living creature does, and that creates alot of limitations. Not only do none of the current class story arcs work, but most of the overarching missions don't.

It becomes less "hey, it would be really helpful if you did this" or "please Master Jedi....", and almost immediatly "droid, go fetch this relic out from the wastes, now!"

The reason that they can't be a class is because droids (even the HK models) are considered to be nothing more than property.

A droid does not have the free will that a living creature does, and that creates alot of limitations. Not only do none of the current class story arcs work, but most of the overarching missions don't.

It becomes less "hey, it would be really helpful if you did this" or "please Master Jedi....", and almost immediatly "droid, go fetch this relic out from the wastes, now!"

So like being an non-human Agent? By the end of that story arc I was doing everything I could to spite the Empire in quests.