So it has begun...

lpsmash

Assuming snipers will indeed be FOTM, I can't see unstoppable Jugg becoming next FOTM, simply because you can't charge a sniper in cover.

If anything, It'd be operatives because they are the closest thing to a counter to snipers. Or Assassins, but they are already prominent, so there wouldn't be a lot of rerolls and they are in a strong place without being that OP (although tankassins do a little too much dmg for their survivability, but whatever don't want to turn this into a tankassin thread).

exactly right operative and assassins (esp tankasins) are hard counters and eat snipers usually

Hardest two classes to deal with and ops are alot harder to deal with then assassins

Either way the sniper is very easy to shut down, being stationary alot is a huge disadvantage as well is LoS

But I welcome anyone try play it. It is a fun class

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this comes from people that never played a sniper.

Therefore I would like to confirm that the class that is essentialy rooted in place is very hard to counter / escape / kill and as such, terribly OP.

I melt pretty much every single sniper with my Pyro. My Sniper gets melted by pretty much every single PT and 80% marauders or operatives that jump him.

Seriously ?

Edited by Rogoo

I believe this comes from people that never played a sniper.

Therefore I would like to confirm that the class that is essentialy rooted in place is very hard to counter / escape / kill and as such, terribly OP.

I melt pretty much every single sniper with my Pyro. My Sniper gets melted by pretty much every single PT and 80% marauders or operatives that jump him.

Seriously ?

I agree. Snipers/Slingers are only OP if you leave them alone. Our defensive cooldowns suck for the most part, and our hunker down (CC-immunity) ability is bugged if we use it while in natural cover.

The aspect that makes playing a gunslinger/sniper difficult is positioning and knowing when you need to move out of cover. Once you master the movement, then I think you can really be a nuisance to the enemy.

Snipers and Gunslingers are OP in lowbie WZ's not in 50 WZ's. In lowbie WZ's they hit for 4-5k on an Aimed Shot at level 10 when people only have 10-12k hp, and this needs to be scaled down a bit. At 50's the damage scales down appropriately and you will feel worthless in PvP until you get gear equal to everyone elses in which your DPS becomes comparable to every other ranged DPS class, and you will still never top an Assault Vanguard of equal skill and gear. Edited by DimeStax

But wait... so a warrior, a bounty hunter, an agent and an inquisitor all have over powered DPS classes!!!!

But if they're ALLLLLLL over powered that means.... NO!!! Impossible!!! :eek:

I see what you did thar

i am expecting a nerf to PT Pyro though, not because there's super OP (they probably are, i dunno), but because i am finally collecting pvp gear for my PT tank, and having fun burning people up.. >_>

Edited by oredith

I was on my alt sent the other day and got in a one vs one with another mara and it was probably one of the most fun fights I have had against someone in a long while. I actually lost the match too. We both played well, the fight went back and forth, saved CC for key moves or defensives, used stealth for countering instead of running away, used medpacks. We both used everything we had, and it's fights like these, when you realize just how many abilities a good mara/sent can use. Most fights are so lopsided that you never really get to witness it. I lost by 3 hps, and that was because I was combat and he was annihilation specced. He had just enough self healing to give him that edge.

As for the sniper/gunslinger rage? Well, it's multiple factors really. They have always been popular in the low levels. They counter some of the fotm classes. They do better burst damage than a lot of other classes. They have received buffs, whereas the other ranged classes have been nerfed. The other ranged classes seem to be hurting to keep the pace with the fotm classes, whereas sniper/gunslingers directly counter them. They are squishy, but they have the damage to make up for it. It's pretty much how a glass cannon should work and many like that playstyle.

Completely agree on the sniper and the marauder statements. The marauder really does have a lot of different tools. Not the same utility as most classes but a lot of oh sh** buttons. Good marauders duels are always fun. I like dueling them with other classes too... having one makes it a lot easier. It's even more fun when you have a guildie yelling at you over vent cuz I'm kiting him with my PT just barely out of his range. :D

I was on my alt sent the other day and got in a one vs one with another mara and it was probably one of the most fun fights I have had against someone in a long while. I actually lost the match too. We both played well, the fight went back and forth, saved CC for key moves or defensives, used stealth for countering instead of running away, used medpacks. We both used everything we had, and it's fights like these, when you realize just how many abilities a good mara/sent can use. Most fights are so lopsided that you never really get to witness it. I lost by 3 hps, and that was because I was combat and he was annihilation specced. He had just enough self healing to give him that edge.

As for the sniper/gunslinger rage? Well, it's multiple factors really. They have always been popular in the low levels. They counter some of the fotm classes. They do better burst damage than a lot of other classes. They have received buffs, whereas the other ranged classes have been nerfed. The other ranged classes seem to be hurting to keep the pace with the fotm classes, whereas sniper/gunslingers directly counter them. They are squishy, but they have the damage to make up for it. It's pretty much how a glass cannon should work and many like that playstyle.

I hope the word "glass cannon" is enough to keep the FOTM rerollers away from sniper/slinger, cause it's true. The class is in a great place.

Isnt it funny that a fotm class seesm to kinda just roll from one class to the next because some yahoo said it:)

but all the classes are fotm but hey nobody can see that pointit seems lolz.

I hope the word "glass cannon" is enough to keep the FOTM rerollers away from sniper/slinger, cause it's true. The class is in a great place.

as a PT pyro, the second i get hit by a sniper, i turn to them, electro-dart them, and close the cap without them blowing me to bits while getting to them.

once i'm in range, the tide turns, but it's brutal if they're allowed to peg you freely.

I see what you did thar

i am expecting a nerf to PT Pyro though, not because there's super OP (they probably are, i dunno), but because i am finally collecting pvp gear for my PT tank, and having fun burning people up.. >_>

Having a pyro rocketpunch you in the face is the epitome of people admitting not having any situational awareness. They only have a pull every 45(35)secs. It's not like they are jumping all over the place every 15~secs. They also only have one defensive CD.

It comes down to a person and their group allowing a walking flamethrower/lightshow walking up to them. Or not pulling a person back that got pulled. *shrugs* I know it's not just me, we got players on our server that noticed the above and just kill the squishy walking up to them. They also don't have any escapes.

Having a pyro rocketpunch you in the face is the epitome of people admitting not having any situational awareness. They only have a pull every 45(35)secs. It's not like they are jumping all over the place every 15~secs. They also only have one defensive CD.

It comes down to a person and their group allowing a walking flamethrower/lightshow walking up to them. Or not pulling a person back that got pulled. *shrugs* I know it's not just me, we got players on our server that noticed the above and just kill the squishy walking up to them. They also don't have any escapes.

being rooted in place and only being able to use unload is pretty lame, since there's nothing else you can do while waiting for railshot to come off cooldown, if you can't chase people to rocket punch them in the face.

it's like people crying about being nuked by snipers - stop standing out in the open and letting them take pot shots at you then.

Edited by oredith

being rooted in place and only being able to use unload is pretty lame, since there's nothing else you can do while waiting for railshot to come off cooldown, if you can't chase people to rocket punch them in the face.

it's like people crying about being nuked by snipers - stop standing out in the open and letting them take pot shots at you then.

Amen! I get sooooooo tired of seeing all these whine threads about PT Pyro. Seriously, we're the squishiest players in the game and we have to get REAL close to do any damage. Close enough that SOMEONE should be able to blow us up while we're trying to get there. Yes, Pyro PT's are dangerous. They're also exceptionally weak defensively. Just blow us up and stop whining.

No, don't tell them that, lol.

I've been saying this for weeks... it was only a matter of time before people started noticing how strong these guys are.

But wait... so a warrior, a bounty hunter, an agent and an inquisitor all have over powered DPS classes!!!!

But if they're ALLLLLLL over powered that means.... NO!!! Impossible!!! :eek:

I think I'm the only one who goes after snipers like a plate full of bacon when I see them.

And yes, every class is OP

That's because snipers/gs are absolute beasts in the lowbie bracket. And while they are awesome in the 50s as well, they are definitely not as OP as they seem in the lower bracket.

When I was leveling my assassin a while ago, gunslingers were just so damn difficult to deal with, even when I was in my 40s. And this was before the extra damage boost marksman got. Once I dinged 50 and got geared, those same guys I was going against in lowbie bracket were free meals. Things change.

Not sure if Snipers and Gun Slingers are FOTM OP but they are fun and annoying to play at the same time. But the best pvp Exp. I have had so far in this game is on my 50 Gun Slinger when on a rare instance I can 1 vs 1 with a sniper. If both players are pretty good with there class It can turn into a fantastic chess match going back and forth on the damage as each player times his CD's stuns and movements.

I don't know. Not being able to charge someones cover seems like a tactic you probably wouldn't want to use anyways. Cause they would just entrench and blow you to pieces. beating a sniper is like anyone else. Tactics. Line of sight is amazing. Also when you stun a sniper then come out of cover. Making them able to be pulled charged, pushed. What not. But an unstoppable jug that has a 4 sec immunity of all snares, ccs, pulls, pushes every 15 seconds that's reset with force push. And that's without resolve. lol. FOTM next. I'd bet credits on it. Unless they tone marauders down by nerfing jugs at the same time. That would be interesting.

LOL you want juggs to be nerfed? lmao. Vengeance juggs are average already and they got no buff to them whatsoever whats the big deal with you bro? i see you posting the same thing over and over in each thread i go in. Unstopable is the only thing that keeps vengeance juggs or juggs in general from litteraly blowing up they dont have any of the amazing defensive cds the maras have so quit the whining and start actually learning to play *********** sheep.

Same **** with rage juggs, 3 weeks ago considered bad because too much of a on trick pony (prior to 1.3) and now at 1.3 peeps cry over them. You guys gotta stop crying over everything.

I see what you did thar

Yeah, if there is going to be nerf to any of the "OP classes" as most see them. I would expect it to be PT pyro. But how do you nerf the PT without nerfing the Merc? Everyone says Merc is under powered. IDK... but of all the classes the PT pyro is some easy mode DPS. I don't feel like they're exceptionally over powered but stronger than most DPS classes right now. They seriously lack some survivability though. I feel as if it all balances out but I still have some classes to roll before I can say for sure.

Yeah, if there is going to be nerf to any of the "OP classes" as most see them. I would expect it to be PT pyro. But how do you nerf the PT without nerfing the Merc? Everyone says Merc is under powered. IDK... but of all the classes the PT pyro is some easy mode DPS. I don't feel like they're exceptionally over powered but stronger than most DPS classes right now. They seriously lack some survivability though. I feel as if it all balances out but I still have some classes to roll before I can say for sure.
i can see them nerfing pyro through AP and ST trees.

the thing about Pyro that is "op" is that most of the damage is elemental, thus unmitigated, so it really doesn't matter who your target is, they're gonna feel the burn.

add to that, your bread n butter rail shot ignores a chunk of armor.

by nerfing Rail Shot through AP and ST, they don't touch mercs, and doesn't directly impact the primary role of those trees.

edit: regarding the highlighted text. i feel this too, but then again, i barely started pvp, barely over 1k expertise, so i'm not sure how representative it is.

without a healer (because really, no one can count on being healed in a pug wz), whenever i engage, it's a race to kill the target before it can kill me. if i can burn/burst it down, i live, and I have a pretty small window to do it in. if they stun/snare me, i'm pretty much dead without my 2 minute cooldowns.

Edited by oredith

I think I'm the only one who goes after snipers like a plate full of bacon when I see them.

And yes, every class is OP

I only go after snipers when I see them hiding in a corner popping every one for 4k and they're going completely unnoticed. Honestly when I'm not chasing healers, i go for the DPS classes that I notice are hitting people hard. More often than not it's snipers and gunslingers. Most marauders out there are bad so I usually save them for last. PT's are usually high on the priority list since they're soft and they put up good DPS usually since it's a very easy class to play when it comes to straight damage.

i can see them nerfing pyro through AP and ST trees.

the thing about Pyro that is "op" is that most of the damage is elemental, thus unmitigated, so it really doesn't matter who your target is, they're gonna feel the burn.

add to that, your bread n butter rail shot ignores a chunk of armor.

by nerfing Rail Shot through AP and ST, they don't touch mercs, and doesn't directly impact the primary role of those trees.

edit: regarding the highlighted text. i feel this too, but then again, i barely started pvp, barely over 1k expertise, so i'm not sure how representative it is.

without a healer (because really, no one can count on being healed in a pug wz), whenever i engage, it's a race to kill the target before it can kill me. if i can burn/burst it down, i live, and I have a pretty small window to do it in. if they stun/snare me, i'm pretty much dead without my 2 minute cooldowns.

I agree they need to nerf the already average ap more. My suggestion would be to move up the 60% arpen rail shot talent further in the ap tree that wouldnt change a thing for ap but would nerf pyro dmg output. But still i really think that pyro pt is balanced as of now they got the high dmg yes but they got no survivability nor mobility so it balances itself out. By mobility i mean that they cant get out of a combat they engage its either they die or they kill their target.