So Georg Zoeller left BW?

Twotun

http://swtor.gamona.de/2012/07/10/georg-zoeller-verlasst-bioware/

From his Google+ page:

It's time to say goodbye....

Friday marked my last day in the office at BioWare. After almost a decade and spending almost quarter of our lives in Canada and the US, my wife and I have decided to take on an exciting new adventure on the other side of the world - Singapore. It's been an honor to work on so many amazing games with so many talented people and good friends, you will be greatly missed.

If you've circled me because of my involvement with SWTOR, please understand that I will not be providing any more information regarding the game from this point forward and uncircle appropriately.

If you stay, don't complain about getting hit with pictures from the other part of the world from time to time.

To Adventure!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

We've had to remove some posts form the thread for rude comments (which means the replies to those posts were also removed). Please remember to express your opinions in a constructive and respectful manner - rude and insulting comments will be removed.

Hello all,

We've had to remove some posts form the thread for rude comments (which means the replies to those posts were also removed). Please remember to express your opinions in a constructive and respectful manner - rude and insulting comments will be removed.

Well yeah, apparently some people on the forums seem to have some sort of vendetta against some of the developers :rolleyes:

Any way you try to spin this, it's bad news. He was the 'vision' behind this game, and for him to leave speaks volumes.

The few strands this game is hanging by are about to snap.

Yeah, without George's "vision", I may actually be forced to leave the safety of the rails that have guided me since beta.

I have nothing against George, he did a fine job with the basics and concept, but I think BIG changes were needed for this game. It's currently hanging by so few 'strands' because of George's 'vision'...a new/fresh 'vision' may be the best thing for this game.

In all honesty, I see NOTHING negative about this news. I seemed voluntary, and I think it's best for SWTOR.

Any way you try to spin this, it's bad news. He was the 'vision' behind this game, and for him to leave speaks volumes.

The few strands this game is hanging by are about to snap.

Eh. He was just in charge of combat. It's quite a stretch to say he was the "Vision" behind the game, when there were lots of other devs too.

Plus, I remember playing the first years of DDO, and having the lead dev there eventually leave. Honestly, did not hurt the game at all, and I think it gave room for fresh blood to really make changes for the better.

So, good luck to Zoeller. Maybe he can finally get away from all those stun-locking operatives. ;)

Yeah, without George's "vision", I may actually be forced to leave the safety of the rails that have guided me since beta.

I have nothing against George, he did a fine job with the basics and concept, but I think BIG changes were needed for this game. It's currently hanging by so few 'strands' because of George's 'vision'...a new/fresh 'vision' may be the best thing for this game.

Well said, I hope the safety rails are removed so we are free to play erm.. more freely.

Sorry guys... I was online yesterday with my usual team of Operatives, and... we stunlocked everyone. :(

Many people unsubsribed, and some, like GZ, unsubscribed so hard that they even had to move to a different country. :(

Best wishes goes out to GZ, I've never been to Singapore but it seems like an awesome place.

Edited by Rassuro

I figured he was already gone back when Reid was booted.. people move on nothing earth shaking here, I wish him the best of luck in Singapore, I did enjoy his posts, when he was calling out posts that were competely false..

It seems like there is quite a bit of turnover for an MMO that is only 6.5 months old. With all due respect his contributions, I think his departure makes sense. He was a big proponent of 1.2 class changes and his responses to player's serious concerns about class balance seemed callous and even imperious. I think 1.2 overall was a major failure, or at least disappointment, as objectively measured by the decline in subscriptions and the feedback here on the forums. Since combat is a huge part of this game(practically everything revolves around it) and he was in charge of that then I see this as a natural outcome.

Despite my criticism, I wish him the best of luck to him in his future endeavors.