Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

Maybe I've missed it, but what's the incentive to accept a friend trial over just downloading the game and start the free trial right away?

Wouldn't it generate a lot more sales and subscriptions if you just add the speeder to the new account on first subscription payment, as well? Or at least some kind of item exclusive to the referral program?

Right now it's just the same as if you just went straight for the free trial, except for somebody else getting something nice out of the deal and you won't get anything. Sounds like a bad deal to me.

Because your friend is not a douceh and is willing to give a little bit extra effort/patience for you to get the speeder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I really REALLY hope they don't change that speeder 1 requirement for this cause this is so worth the 60$ drop for a copy+time card off amazon with hopes my roommate will use and play it... It is saving me 3,860,000 credits between all 8 of my characters for speeders and training to get 110% speed. Awesome promo Bioware! I'm sold!

I read this and I just had to wonder why this guy didn't realized he could start a new email address for free buy a $13 digital download to get the a second game code, invite email address number 2 to play, level one character to 20 in a day or two, pay $15 for a one month sub and run it off the client he already paid for... saving $32?

Edited by bahdasz

• 2 years later...
As much as I like refer a friend reward I have to say this is really a bad move. I personally bought the Collector's Edition and bioware continues to put things out that make the CE items completely obsolete. Not to mention refer a friend get a speeder that is max speed at 25 (10 with legacy perks) and avoid speeder 2-3 training but you gotta get your friend to drop $40-50 for the game and at least pay 1 month sub. Guess that makes the Longspur STAP gotten in the CE worthless and useless since it is stuck at 90% speed, just like the newer mini pets like the "return to SWTOR tauntaun" and other cooler looking minipets make CE owners ashamed to have their CE minimech out for display. What's left for CE owners? the horrible Merchant that sells non-impressive trooper armor (even more non-impressive republic side) for like 60k+ credits.

Way to go Bioware. Keep putting out promos like this and alienate people from your game and I am sure that its not just CE owners that are fuming

It's a good thing the game is free now... much easier to convince friends to give a sub a shot :)