Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

In the interest of instant gratification, can the speeder please be awarded as soon as a game-card is entered? I understand that subs can be cancelled so they need to be triggered before they award the speeder, but AFAIK, the game-card cannot be refunded. Therefore, there is no reason not to award the speeder if the friend has entered a game code and game card code.

Not a big deal - just a request if its easy :)

Is that Andronikos Revel's voice...hehehe?:p
I believe it is, thus making it Steve Blum ^_^ sweet :tran_grin:.

btw, I love this mount, It makes me feel like a rich snob. So I find it goes well with my Sith Sorcerer.

Edited by Darth_Relyt

If I have a friend who's already taking part in the Free Trial, can I still "refer" them and get the Kurtob Alliance if they subscribe, or would they have to make a second account? In other words, can an existing trial account accept a Friends Trial invite?

This is great and all, but how about giving rewards for those of us who puchased the game day 1(or months before) and are still here rather than trying to get us to sell the game for you?

SWG went down the tubes (I miss you Galaxies) but they at least had a bevy of rewards to choose from every 3 months of account time accrued.

Been here 6-7ish months. Where's the Veteran Rewards?

This is great and all, but how about giving rewards for those of us who puchased the game day 1(or months before) and are still here rather than trying to get us to sell the game for you?

SWG went down the tubes (I miss you Galaxies) but they at least had a bevy of rewards to choose from every 3 months of account time accrued.

Been here 6-7ish months. Where's the Veteran Rewards?

Ya vet's should get the speeder to.

If one or more of your friends purchases The Old Republic™, pays for a recurring monthly subscription or redeems a Pre-Paid Game Time Code,and passes the 30 days of play time included with the purchase of the game, you'll receive an exclusive in-game Kurtob Alliance Speeder via in-game mail:

I get speedeer only after a month? :confused:

Edited by Glower

And here we go with the cash shop...offering things that you can't get in-game with actual non-cosmetic perks for money...granted, this time it's your friend's money but it's getting closer....

It's for a purely cosmetic item, so I have no problems with the 'cash shop' model in this case. If people want to spend their money and help Bioware keep the game afloat, them power to 'em.

It's for a purely cosmetic item, so I have no problems with the 'cash shop' model in this case. If people want to spend their money and help Bioware keep the game afloat, them power to 'em.

So there are 110% speeders for lvl 25 out there?

Mm founder title, a free month, a pet, free server transfers... think we had enough dont u

Anyone subscribed at the right date got the pet for 1.2 and upcoming 1.3 pet can get them. No veteran status required. Counting server transfers is ridiculous for obvious reasons. Also I believe you needn't have been here since day 1 to get the founder title, that was a "by certain date" as well. The free month they were railed so hard for they ended up caving and giving to everyone. It was originally a Legacy level thing IIRC.

Akin to what Lore posted, and what Galaxies did with them, Vet rewards would be preferred. Choose X item after Y amount of months to show how long you've been playing.

Hey BW ..Give credit for those of us who were playing and got all of our friends to play BEFORE the Refer-a-Friend was released. Or knock the speeder down to 90% if you are going to let a lvl 10 ride it ..giving out an advantage based on $$$ breaks a game.

guess I shouldn't have recruited all my friends back during beta. For doing it using word of mouth etc and having them pre order before launch I get nothing. Thanks Bioware glad to see you forget about the loyal customers.

Agree completely. I've been around since this website first opened up, and created my forum account long before most devs. Back then I was the one that tried to get as many people as possible interested in the game. 4 of them bought the game, 2 became active subscribers. One of my friends and I both bought the collector's edition, and another friend of mine bought digital deluxe. In turn, we get a lvl 25 speeder which is essentially worth 8k vs a vehicle which competes with a rank 3 and has high damage resistance which could arguably be worth 500k or more.

This speeder should, at the minimum, be accessible to us through the collector's edition vendor. Or, the speeder that came with our version of the game should have an optional speed upgrade and damage absorption upgrade that you can stack onto it for a fee, or automatically.

Overall, I guess it would be too easy to fraud. But a lot of the people that found this game didn't do so by advertisements, they did so by word of mouth. And no one is going to reward us for that. Yet, the way I see it, so what if it's likely that a minority will try to abuse the system if you open up the rules a bit for what counts as a referred friend? Aren't happy subscribers more important than avoiding rewarding some individuals too much? Aren't they technically already awarding some individuals too much, considering that my friends bought the game for $60-150, and now the game runs for $20 but those people get rewarded when we weren't?

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Wisdom

If my friend has a copy of the game already but is unsubbed and i inite him, and he pays for the month will that get me the mount?

You can't invite him unless his email isn't linked to any account that was ever active. So basically, no.

Hey BW ..Give credit for those of us who were playing and got all of our friends to play BEFORE the Refer-a-Friend was released. Or knock the speeder down to 90% if you are going to let a lvl 10 ride it ..giving out an advantage based on $$$ breaks a game.

Agree completely. I've been around since this website first opened up, and created my forum account long before most devs. Back then I was the one that tried to get as many people as possible interested in the game. 4 of them bought the game, 2 became active subscribers. One of my friends and I both bought the collector's edition, and another friend of mine bought digital deluxe. In turn, we get a lvl 25 speeder which is essentially worth 8k vs a vehicle which competes with a rank 3 and has high damage resistance which could arguably be worth 500k or more.

This speeder should, at the minimum, be accessible to us through the collector's edition vendor. Or, the speeder that came with our version of the game should have an optional speed upgrade and damage absorption upgrade that you can stack onto it for a fee, or automatically.

Overall, I guess it would be too easy to fraud. But a lot of the people that found this game didn't do so by advertisements, they did so by word of mouth. And no one is going to reward us for that. Yet, the way I see it, so what if it's likely that a minority will try to abuse the system if you open up the rules a bit for what counts as a referred friend? Aren't happy subscribers more important than avoiding rewarding some individuals too much? Aren't they technically already awarding some individuals too much, considering that my friends bought the game for $60-150, and now the game runs for $20 but those people get rewarded when we weren't?

Just my 2 cents.

I actually bought a copy for a friend back before refer a friend program and to see free lv 50 mounts for lv 10 sickens me, I talked up the game to all my friends in beta and early access which is referring them on top of the one copy I paid for in addition to my own. the worst part is there is no equivalent item and I certainly don't think paying $55 for a mount that is statistically better than what I got as part of digital deluxe is a slap in the face to those of us who have been here since day one of early access.

Anyone know how soon after a friend signs up will it take for me to get my speeder?

I referred a friend on Monday and he signed up through my referral and then bought the game and entered his game code. Today he entered a 60 day game code which fulfills all the requirements for me to get my speeder.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Wow. That was fast. I received speeders on all of my characters within 5 minutes of him entering his game time code.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

and thus begins the story of how i started multiple accounts on yet another mmo just to get the shinies.

The game's on sale for $20 at amazon so it'll just cost me $35 to own it.

Personally, i'd be willing to just pay the $35 to bioware and get the thing if i could avoid the hassle of dealing with a second account since all my friends either already play or refuse to play.

this ^^

Got my speeder yesterday, and although I'm happy and grateful to have rank 3 speed at the rank 1 cost, why did you have to put the thrusters ABOVE the seat? This speeder looks like a pod racer to begin with so why not put the thrusters in front of the seat? That would've made it look cooler in my opinion.

guess I shouldn't have recruited all my friends back during beta. For doing it using word of mouth etc and having them pre order before launch I get nothing. Thanks Bioware glad to see you forget about the loyal customers.

Yeah, it sucks that we already recruited people with no reward, but how would bioware know who recruited and who didn't?

So there are 110% speeders for lvl 25 out there?

There's one. And we're talking about it. AND it has high resistance.That's why it's valuable, otherwise it would just be a normal, different looking speeder.

I actually bought a copy for a friend back before refer a friend program and to see free lv 50 mounts for lv 10 sickens me, I talked up the game to all my friends in beta and early access which is referring them on top of the one copy I paid for in addition to my own. the worst part is there is no equivalent item and I certainly don't think paying $55 for a mount that is statistically better than what I got as part of digital deluxe is a slap in the face to those of us who have been here since day one of early access.

I totally agree. The 110% thing isn't that bad, but hard to knock off just puts it over the top. That can be hard to get even if you're level 50. I think the only bonus should be a cool look. and there definetly should be a veteran reward system.

Edited by Y_bot
typo

That can be hard to get even if you're level 50. I think the only bonus should be a cool look. and there definetly should be a veteran reward system.

Сool look? It has a quiet and nice sound fx! :eek: Unlike other speeders - I just turn off my speakers when i use it... Bio, why not sell it for money?