Defections

CorrinTech

Overall, I love the concept. For the most part it is well thought out and would add a new and interesting aspect to SWTOR.

The idea of defections is interesting, but implementing such a system would require, essentially, double the work the devs would have to do on class stories (including companions and their stories), missions and voice-overs - for all current as well as future content.

This was my concern with it to. The class storylines would either have to end and somehow the opposite faction's story line would have to be worked in or the work load would essntially double creating new storylines for defectors of each class. The other option is to make a more generic storyline for defectors.

The only thing I would disagree with are the buffs. While you covered your bases in how the buffs are effective and the specifics of who they are effective on, it might create a large group of people defecting simply for the buff rather than for the character story. Watching your character go rogue is reward enough IMO.

Awesome job! Very interesting read

Development: This would be far too difficult to implement, with class stories and abilities etc. It would take at least a year (maybe more depending on the dev's skills) to analyze, design and implement a system to achieve this.

If people read/quoted my post they would understand that a very simple solution would be to postpone this until ALL class quests were done and then have a defection quest. It would take some work for devs but it would avoid the issue of class quests.

It should be a one time thing. Maybe two but how could your original faction ever trust you?

If people read/quoted my post they would understand that a very simple solution would be to postpone this until ALL class quests were done and then have a defection quest. It would take some work for devs but it would avoid the issue of class quests.

It should be a one time thing. Maybe two but how could your original faction ever trust you?

It would be simple if the class stories that we have were done and finished at that point, which simply isn't true. There's no way Bioware could have a ten year plan for this game and not plan on expanding its story at some point.

When they expand the story out, if defections are introduced, now they have to create 16 class stories instead of 8.

It would be simple if the class stories that we have were done and finished at that point, which simply isn't true. There's no way Bioware could have a ten year plan for this game and not plan on expanding its story at some point.

When they expand the story out, if defections are introduced, now they have to create 16 class stories instead of 8.

What about new class quests in the game after expansions and patches?

Some class quests can't just be started at level 50 onwards, as you will have contacts and allies who will be acting like your friends which will make no sense if you never completed the original content.