Should Bioware give free time to Oceanic players

fushnchips

Ok we are all getting a little hacked off with the hopeless dev team now 1 night a week is ok but when they stuff up and deploy an update that is broken that's on them not only has it been 2 extra night's of prime time no play they also said it wasn't going to happen last night and bang we all got dropped at 5:07pm wow so they decided to go ahead and deploy a worthless patch now that there having to fix up now i am sure all Oceanic players would like some type of an Apology and compensation for the loss of game time in there prime spot and being a friday night is even worse.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we should get something, doesn't have to be free time but at least "sorry" i mean come on!!! i work 3 shifts a week AND i am a full time uni student! i only get a few hours a night and this is how it goes! lol this is terrible, and last night with the mistake, to go and take servers down again is just poor quality :| and really, 4 hours + during our prime time when half the fixes are usually lame and not game breaking is starting to tick me.....we have 3 servers, may not be huge but we are still members of the community and all of us are starting to feel as tho bioware don't even care...i can also guarantee ill get a msg from bioware saying im breaking rules of conduct or something as last time i complained on the forums about legacy perks that's what happen lol

With all the time lost after 1.,2 and now this time lost including the messup with on-off-on again maintenance messing up so many plans, and now tonight again... Yes. The good-faith offer of a months free time to the Oceanic players bearing most of the burden would be appreciated.

Not demanded of course, but if BW had compassion it would be appreciated.

Ok we are all getting a little hacked off with the hopeless dev team now 1 night a week is ok but when they stuff up and deploy an update that is broken that's on them not only has it been 2 extra night's of prime time no play they also said it wasn't going to happen last night and bang we all got dropped at 5:07pm wow so they decided to go ahead and deploy a worthless patch now that there having to fix up now i am sure all Oceanic players would like some type of an Apology and compensation for the loss of game time in there prime spot and being a friday night is even worse.

You aren't guaranteed play time.

You aren't guaranteed the servers will be up when you want them up.

You aren't guaranteed the servers will remain up, period.

Does it suck? Sure.

Do you deserve something special? Other than perhaps them eventually splitting maintenance into regions (don't hold your breath), no.

...when half the fixes are usually lame and not game breaking is starting to tick me...

The two minor fixes last night were certainly not game-stopping and nothing that mattered or that a relog couldn't fix. They could have waited until Tuesday instead of so disrupting so many players 5pm to 10pm play time.

I will be looking at the patch-notes for tonight's outage, Friday 5pm to 11pm outage with great interest.

yes they should be refunded the cost of the gametime for the 2 unscheduled maint.... so since we pay 2 cents USD an hour BW should mail them 0.16 USD ... but make them pay for the stamp... which is 45 cents... so now all Aus players owe BW 29 cents Edited by Liquidacid

You aren't guaranteed...

Do you have anything constructive to say, some realisation of the burden Oceania is taking on since March with 5pm to 11pm outages?

yes they should be refunded the cost of the gametime for the 2 unscheduled maint.... so since we pay 2 cents USD an hour BW should mail them 0.12 USD ... but make them pay for the stamp... which is 45 cents... so now all Aus players owe BW 33 cents

Or move maintenance for a few weeks until 9am CST and see the number of howler-monkeys then?

Edited by Bhaers

BW have no clue and whats even more upsetting is that they DONT CARE.

If you read the Maintenance in the Community News you dont even see an apology! And BW if your unsure on that word can i suggest you google it...

However much I'd love to get some free game time from this it probably won't happen.

Put it this way, we save not having to use a tunnelling service for playable latency .

It is frustrating especially when you only do OP's 2 nights a week and you have an unplanned maint on one of them but thems the breaks.

It is frustrating especially when you only do OP's 2 nights a week and you have an unplanned maint on one of them but thems the breaks.

Three nights this week, starting at 5pm including a Friday night? The changes last night from 5pm not really serious or game-breaking?

Is it acceptable to do any non-critical maintenance on a Friday night?

I've played a few different games based in asia

1. was a beta of a game called silk road online

2. was this great pvp mmo that was short lived, based in Australia called Fury.

3. and a martial arts mmo called fung wan online based in Malaysia.

Guess what time they had maintenance?

IN US PRIME TIME.

You guys need to get over it.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

First time posting, read alot on this issue, and sorry this has gone past a joke for all Oceanic players!

Eating into Oceanic prime time playing times is unacceptable!

1.2 gave us free game time, will be expecting the same for this, only MORE - 30 days free time would only be a minimum, in an industry that is NOT delivering a PAID SERVICE!

Given the poor communication yesterday, (not only on and then off then on again, but also the different times stated),

and now a Friday Night?

Plain and simply not on!

Whats tonight's fix? Some crap hole thing I bet.

As in another thread, if it is so game breaking, bring the servers down immediately, else, wait till Tuesday!

Even better, listen to the community about bugs and reported issues and don't rush a patch when it's not ready, even a monkey would learn from their first mistake (you guys, 1.2 not ring out any alarm bells at how utterly useless you are?)

are they AAA MMO's? i think not.

It does not matter. It's about where they are based and how many subs are based in their regional area.

These 3 games I mentioned all were based in that area (Asia) and their maintenance is based on their region and how their base is in their own region.

You do not see the other major AAA games as you want to call them make special maintenance for Oceania.

I've seen so many Aussies cry over and over about this in other major MMO's. I just described the reverse of how it is in your own region.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

I've seen so many Aussies cry over and over about this in other major MMO's. I just described the reverse of how it is in your own region.

We generally don't see (and I say this with almost a decades MMO playing) the A list games performing maintenance at 5pm on a Friday night unless it's demonstrably critical.

5pm Friday night as a start of maintenance should only be able to be justified for real game breaking bugs, not the sort of junk we saw put in during last night's messup on-off-on-wrong time maintenance. Junk that could have waited until Tuesday.

Aussies accept we will get maintenance during our time, but I feel I deserve the respect to make the outage mean something and not for a severity 4 cosmetic issue.

Edited by Bhaers

We generally don't see (and I say this with almost a decades MMO playing) the A list games performing maintenance being done at 5pm on a Friday night unless it's demonstrably critical.

5pm Friday night as a start of maintenance should only be able to be justified for real game breaking bugs, not the sort of junk we saw put in during last night's messup on-off-on-wrong time maintenance.

Hey, as I said earlier in the thread, I have seen the actual reverse of what your complaining about with games BASED in ASIA and Australia.

I have seen games do exactly what you are crying about, ( gop down in US prime time) as they were based in asia and australia! As a majority of their base was fast asleep at that time.

Oh and btw I've been playing MMO's since Sept 97 and comp games since 1982.

And and to the guy talking about the fat Americans, if you do some research, you will find the Aussies are the record holders, not us.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

Hey, as I said earlier in the thread, I have seen the actual reverse of what your complaining about with games BASED in ASIA and Australia.

I have Seen games do exactly what you are crying about, ( gop down in US prime time) as they were based in asia and australia! As a majority of their base was fast asleep at that time.

That still doesn't explain why your being such a douche about this. Can't empathize with us or even support us. Either your a huge Bioware fanboi, or simply a jerk.

Most regular people would be understanding that the Oceanic community is feeling this 3 downtimes a week thing more than any other region.

Edited by Ignicity

I have Seen games do exactly what you are crying about, ( gop down in US prime time) as they were based in asia and australia! As a majority of their base was fast asleep at that time.

there have been MMOs based out of Australia? I think you jest sir

Edited by Liquidacid

That still doesn't explain why your being such a douche about this. Can't empathize with us or even support us. Either your a huge Bioware fanboi, or simply a jerk.

I'm clearly not a fanboi, read my posts, I'm someone who knows the truth about what is going on. I've been around the block more than you probably ever will.

I have no sympathy for you at all, you guys are acting like little kids who are not getting their way.

I've seen you guys cry over this in SEVERAL US based games.

The majority of players are US based, thus maintenance is at the lowest pop levels ,which is in the middle of the night/ very early morning US time.

As I described, it is the same for games based in Asia/Australia. Maintenance is in US prime time.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

As was pointed out, the games you listed are not A list, probably scr.aping* to hit the B list.

The A list games will only do Friday night primetime maintenance IF it's a really game-breaking bug. The indication from the patch notes for Thursday night shows just how far BW have strayed from this basic best practice in professional Change Management as defined by the various ISO and ITIL standards.

I am sure we can mostly accept Tuesday nights being lost. I am sure a lesser but still significant number can accept 2 weeknight outages, Friday nights though should be sacrosanct unless it's the most serious bug imaginable, in which case bring the servers down immediately.

*seriously; scr.aping is a censored word?

Edited by Bhaers

there have been MMOs based out of Australia? I think you jest sir

It's quite true, I even bought a lifetime sub to the game called Fury. It was only 20 bucks or so at the time.

It had probably the best pvp system of any mmo i've ever played also. It was a derivative of the UO system which allowed you to respec based on dozens of different possible builds. It had the coolest warzones also.

It was very poorly marketed tho and died a quick death :(

It's probably still listed on mmorpg.com

Edited by Dein_Cathair

I have sent a message to CS asking to be credited for the lost time this week. I very much doubt they will, however I am eager to see thier reasoning for not doing it since they are failing to provide a service.

Bioware should give time extention to all active accounts equal to all maintanance windows, except if they have been anounced at least 86hours ago AND they are the first mainance to occur within a week. Edited by Lovia