Character Transfer Legacy Buffs

MagicMurdock

Say I have three legacy characters on a server: A Bounty Hunter, an Imperial Agent and a Sith Warrior. If I only transfer the Sith Warrior, does that mean when it arrives on the new server, it won't have the BH or IA buffs any more? And my BH and IA won't have the SW buff anymore?

The FAQs say all the other legacy stuff transfers over, but doesn't mention the buffs specifically.

Hello, MagicMurdock!

As Reno_Tarshil has correctly pointed out, Legacy unlocks, to include buffs, will transfer with your character, as explained by Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson:

Legacies will be merged in the most advantageous possible way for the player. They’re your rewards, you earned them, we don’t want to prevent you from moving them wherever you like. So any unlocks gained by the character you’re moving will come with that character, even if the Legacy they are moving into is a lower level.

Hope this helps!

Okay a follow-up question. Say you've got a Sith Inquisitor at Chapter 2 and you move it to the new server. When you finish chapter 3, it won't unlock the lightning heroic power, or sacrifice (say he's a dark V) on your original server, right? It will only be on that new server?

Okay a follow-up question. Say you've got a Sith Inquisitor at Chapter 2 and you move it to the new server. When you finish chapter 3, it won't unlock the lightning heroic power, or sacrifice (say he's a dark V) on your original server, right? It will only be on that new server?

That seems right, as legacies aren't tied to your account - just that server.

So, if you leave some characters behind an on old server, and then later transfer them some place new (say through a paid transfer option) does the legacy again travel with them I wonder?

It should :) "They’re your rewards, you earned them, we don’t want to prevent you from moving them wherever you like."

Edited by psi_overtake

• 3 years later...
Just transfered a character over from The Progenitor to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and the buff's haven't carried. It does have all the class complete boxes on the top left at character select screen though. Does it just take a while to register or somthing?

Nice necro. :eek:

It should be instantaneous. I've transferred and have gotten all unlocks from my origin server on the destination server.

If not, then you should report it in the Bugs forum and open a ticket in-game.

Just transfered a character over from The Progenitor to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and the buff's haven't carried. It does have all the class complete boxes on the top left at character select screen though. Does it just take a while to register or somthing?

No...it should be immediate...I suggest you file a ticket right away.