PvP is more imbalanced than it has ever been

clearsighted

It seems like the OPs argument can be boiled down to "people with better gear are doing way better than people without better gear", so my question would be isn't that how all of these games work? As the game gets older you add in more gear and ways to modify that gear. The people who have played longer and have better gear and have optimized that gear will be able to do better.

If you are looking for a PvP game the specifically takes gear and spec out of the PvP equation wouldn't you agree that this was one of the poorest choices to make?

Once expertise is over 1000ish, the added main stats on the PvE armorings provide a much better return. But whatever. Believe what you will. You're wrong. And your assumptions on when I have or haven't PvP'd only make you look stupid, but believe away.

What I believe is that in 1.1, a player with purple armorings/mods from PvE dailies, had a better shot at defeating battlemaster players, than today's recruits do against fully tricked out war heroes. And I believe this difference is significant.

You'll notice that none of my beliefs have to do with the ease or difficulty of acquiring battlemaster gear.

I'll probably sound crazy but, do you have some arguments or hard data to support those beliefs? If you don't, just promise something like cookies, beer or, I don't know, rivers of milk and honey if you want us to share your beliefs. If your beliefs are supported only by empirical data then, I'm sorry m8, you are in for a forum bashing. I've leveled one character up to BM prior to 1.2 and it was hard. Much harder and time consuming to get competitive prior to 1.2 compared to how it is now. But this is just my 2 cents of empirical observation that you can chose to disbelief :cool:.

About 1.3 changes, let's keep our pants on and see what the developers (which I'm sure have more then just empirical evidence) have in store for us. Then we can reconvene right here and have opinionated arguments again.

It seems like the OPs argument can be boiled down to "people with better gear are doing way better than people without better gear", so my question would be isn't that how all of these games work? As the game gets older you add in more gear and ways to modify that gear. The people who have played longer and have better gear and have optimized that gear will be able to do better.

If you are looking for a PvP game the specifically takes gear and spec out of the PvP equation wouldn't you agree that this was one of the poorest choices to make?

I absolutely agree. The people who have taken their licks and grinded are rewarded with better gear. They all started at the bottom with the lowest tier pvp gear just like everyone else. And to boot, all that practice they got from grinding. Certainly experience gained from practice would make them vastly better players, right? It would be ignorant to say that better gear is directly equal to skill, but most players in full war hero are very knowledgeable about their class and have gained the skill to make a difference.

"This is completely leaving aside the fact, that about five specs are disproportionately powerful to every other spec in PvP"

^ This is the only thing I agree with the OP about. It's ridiculous.

As far as the rest of the post goes... There's no way you should be as geared as someone with Valor rank 70... They've put more work in and frankly... should be able to faceroll you. However, if I'm a full War Hero geared Arsenal Merc, then there's no way a Champion geared Marauder/Sentinel should be able to faceroll me. But they do.

"This is completely leaving aside the fact, that about five specs are disproportionately powerful to every other spec in PvP"

swtor and other mmo's are like rock paper scissors every class has a weakness and there are classes that can take advantage of that! example my sin tank in survivor gear get ***** by pyros and ops, sin dps would would beat those two, i can beat a sin dps... just 1 example there are many more

( i used assassins as an example because that is my main and i know most about them and have two sets of gear .. dps and tank) lol run them on the same spec too :) 24 ( with dark ward) 0 17