How is this acceptable in 2012?

zerosaint

right because those people weren't going to leave anyways, clearly it was us telling them to leave that made them leave, not their dissatisfaction with the state of the game :rolleyes:

dont try to use logic with the forum trolls it's not gonna work xD

shoot. if i knew i had that much power from telling people to do stuff over the internet. i'd be using it differently :eek:

Wow I can't beleive that people are STILL saying "If you don't like it then leave"

You've already told over a million people to leave and they all did... when will you stop? when you are the only one playing?

go make me a sammich!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another example of why I just cancelled. Anybody that thinks they are not paying to play a beta are just in denial, like I have been. I had such hope for this game. How they could mismanage a game with this much potential so badly is mind boggling. They can get away with this mediocrity though because of all the mindless fanboys.

Have you considered that if the game had delivered on what it's developers had promised that they might not have? I can certainly see that if people were looking for satisfaction being told '****' by their peers wouldn't engender any feelings of wanting to hang around.

Look- I'm going to leave it at this and let it go.

These are three things that to me are important. My earlier statement clearly came out wrong- no they are not more important that core gameplay issues. They are however extremely relevant to me and the way I would like to play the game. Moreso because they were offered by the developers.

If I have been gruff with some people it is largely due to the frustration of the attitude I knew I would receive for even bothering to make this thread.

That said I made it anyway on the off hope that maybe someone from EA/BW might see it and recollect that it was predicated on statements that they- as a service providing company issued.

That's it. Period.

One thing that the new generation of gamers do not understand, in the past when companies released a game it was finished. It had to be good, or people would simply walk away, or never even touch the title. That equated to companies who put out solid quality products being sucessful, and companies who put out sub par titles to be not so sucessful or even bankrupt.

Now publishers can release something half done, and just promise it will be fixed (actually finished), and people will accept it without question. Its not good practice to accept what can be empty promises without some questioning. When you have some real life experience, you will come to understand that people/companies will tell you anything to sell you something- a game, themselves, a dream. Learn to have critical thought, and not be so passive in accepting half finished things in your life.

Play some of the other mmos and tell me which ones have better graphics.

When I first started playing I was disappointed, but I hadn't been playing MMOs in a while.

Then I took a break from the game, to try out some other games, Diablo 3 and some other MMOs.

When I came back I was actually impressed by how good the graphics were looking compared to what I had been playing.

I also have been playing in the GW2 beta weekends, and I have to say that aesthetically the graphics are stellar, but texture wise, the graphics are really nothing to call home about.

Edited by Synxos

When I first started playing I was disappointed, but I hadn't been playing MMOs in a while.

Then I took a break from the game, to try out some other games, Diablo 3 and some other MMOs.

When I came back I was actually impressed by how good the graphics were looking.

Exactly: look at the other really huge MMO - it's like playing a children's educational title from 1999 with graphics like those. Yes, the engine here has needed some... work, but texture quality? You can count polygons in that other game. Graphics are good - I wouldn't say that's a fair issue, considering it's an MMO after all.

Edited by jgelling

Another example of why I just cancelled. Anybody that thinks they are not paying to play a beta are just in denial, like I have been. I had such hope for this game. How they could mismanage a game with this much potential so badly is mind boggling. They can get away with this mediocrity though because of all the mindless fanboys.

Someone is really upset they had todo a name change with xfers arnt they.

did you play in the beta???

if so what weekend was it?

this game is not in beta stage, get off your high horse and stop QQ on the forums becuase you seem to think that you know every thing there is to know about how to make an mmo... if your so dam good, make your own game.

oh kungfu panda is that way-------------------->

When I came back I was actually impressed by how good the graphics were looking compared to what I had been playing.

I also have been playing in the GW2 beta weekends, and I have to say that aesthetically the graphics are stellar, but texture wise, the graphics are really nothing to call home about.

Check out what Funcom has done with the dreamworld engine via TSW and AoC (I am not schilling for those games or intending to play tsw or aoc again, but they are what I expect out of an MMO in this era).

That is all in game footage by the way from a game that launched 5 years ago (Granted they did do an Dreamworld update a year ago).

edit: someone beat me to TSW :)

Edited by zerosaint

did you play in the beta???

if so what weekend was it?

this game is not in beta stage, get off your high horse and stop QQ on the forums becuase you seem to think that you know every thing there is to know about how to make an mmo... if your so dam good, make your own game.

oh kungfu panda is that way-------------------->

lol, I have no interest in WoW whatsoever, but go ahead and grasp at that. It is all you have. I played in all the beta weekends. Followed this game a long time. Someday, you may pull your head out of the sand. For now, you keep accepting mediocrity. It seems to be working out well.

Edited by Boredmuse

lol, I have no interest in WoW whatsoever, but go ahead and grasp at that. It is all you have. You keep accepting mediocrity. It seems to be working out well.

did you not post that you have UNSUBBED???

if so why are you still here posting on a games forums that you clearly dont want to play and dont like?

if i had my way, once you hit that cancel button on your account page, id make it stop you from been able to post on the forums, that way only real fans and players of the game can comment.

im sure when you unsub it also asked you why, that is the place for you to post your QQ not here on these boards.

Sadly, I have 2 months left. I understand why blind fanboys want no criticism of their shiny at all, but people with an above room temp IQ realize that people giving their reasons for leaving could lead to the game being improved for future players.

You're right, that totally absolves them.

Way to settle for mediocrity.

Also I don't want to stop paying, I want BW to deliver what they said they would.

Is it me or is asking for more relationship options with NPC's kinda weird? I think all that sort of bumph needs to be kept in the real word, not on some screen

Sadly, I have 2 months left. I understand why blind fanboys want no criticism of their shiny at all, but people with an above room temp IQ realize that people giving their reasons for leaving could lead to the game being improved for future players.

how do blind fanbois read the forums /tinfoilhat

Edited by Shingara

A better question is why are they on here instead of playing the game that is SOOO great?!?! :rolleyes:

well im not stating im a fanboi or anything but due to the marvels of technology i have 2 screens, dont know about the blind fanboies though, would they have braille pads of some kind ?

how do blind fanbois read the forums /tinfoilhat

I have to admit that made me giggle.

Well played.

did you not post that you have UNSUBBED???

if so why are you still here posting on a games forums that you clearly dont want to play and dont like?

if i had my way, once you hit that cancel button on your account page, id make it stop you from been able to post on the forums, that way only real fans and players of the game can comment.

im sure when you unsub it also asked you why, that is the place for you to post your QQ not here on these boards.

The answer is similar to the reason I post this thread. I still follow forums of games I am unsubbed from in hopes that the reasons I unsubbed will be resolved. Or if I have game time remaining - to post my concerns with the games in hopes that the thread will be noticed by a higher power as I did here (Though I am still subbed to SWTOR).

Edited by zerosaint

As a huge Star Wars fan, I have to admit that this game is pure garbage, it is only MMO virgins and SWTOR fan boys that are still defending this piece of crap. Great voice acting, adequate story, very poor buggy end game & what can only be described a big joke of PvP. Legacy is the most overrated part of any MMO ive ever seen, this game is on a waiting list for a major transplant but its never going to come, just some small band aids.

Thanks EA/Bioware for ruining what should have been a great game!!

I have 2 screens as well, but when I find myself enjoying a game, the second is used for maps/ quest forums or the like. Not for defending my shiny. If I TRULY deep down believed it was good. I wouldn't feel the need to.

As for the blind, I am at a loss. I assume it is a text to speech program for them?:rolleyes:

As a huge Star Wars fan, I have to admit that this game is pure garbage, it is only MMO virgins and SWTOR fan boys that are still defending this piece of crap. Great voice acting, adequate story, very poor buggy end game & what can only be described a big joke of PvP. Legacy is the most overrated part of any MMO ive ever seen, this game is on a waiting list for a major transplant but its never going to come, just some small band aids.

OMG, dont state your opinion! If you state your issues with their shiny you are the great satan!

As a huge Star Wars fan, I'm enjoying this game a lot.

I disagree that it's garbage. I am neither an MMO virgin nor a SWTOR fanboy. Enjoying the game does not make one a fanboy.

I find the stories more than adequate, I like the Legacy addition. Everything I've doe for end game content has been fine. I won't speak for PvP as I do not enjoy PvP, but if that's all you're here for, then sorry.

Thanks EA/Bioware for giving us a great game.

As a huge Star Wars fan, I'm enjoying this game a lot.

I disagree that it's garbage. I am neither an MMO virgin nor a SWTOR fanboy. Enjoying the game does not make one a fanboy.

I find the stories more than adequate, I like the Legacy addition. Everything I've doe for end game content has been fine. I won't speak for PvP as I do not enjoy PvP, but if that's all you're here for, then sorry.

Thanks EA/Bioware for giving us a great game.

Youre right, enjoying it does not make you a fan boy. The fanboys are the ones that jump all over the place whenever anyone is critical regarding some issue with the game. I like the game too, but I clearly see it has problems.