Tanking companion

Bomyne

I leveled to 50 as a DPS commando (Gunnery), although for the last 5 levels of that run I've been gearing up to be a healer. While doing Corellia quests, I also started gearing up 4X. After I hit 50, I switched to my healing tree and replaced Elara Dorne with M1-4X. For the most part, we are able to do my dailies pretty easily but I've noticed that groups of ranged enemies start to target me after a few seconds and I need to micro-manage 4X's target.

My question is this: Would Tanno Vic be a better tanking companion, or am I simply using 4X incorrectly?

Thanks.

I leveled to 50 as a DPS commando (Gunnery), although for the last 5 levels of that run I've been gearing up to be a healer. While doing Corellia quests, I also started gearing up 4X. After I hit 50, I switched to my healing tree and replaced Elara Dorne with M1-4X. For the most part, we are able to do my dailies pretty easily but I've noticed that groups of ranged enemies start to target me after a few seconds and I need to micro-manage 4X's target.

My question is this: Would Tanno Vic be a better tanking companion, or am I simply using 4X incorrectly?

Thanks.

Both are equally terrible, in terms of attention grabbing, and damage mitigation. You're better off gearing up a DPS companion for Dailies. You'll complete them much faster.

Thanks.

Forex is more expensive to gear since he cannot wear your cast offs without stripping the gear. However his max stats are better than Tanno's and his tanking abilities are superior. Once he is geared out though he is a monster, and I prefer using him than Elara when doing Heroics.

Forex is more expensive to gear since he cannot wear your cast offs without stripping the gear. However his max stats are better than Tanno's and his tanking abilities are superior. Once he is geared out though he is a monster, and I prefer using him than Elara when doing Heroics.

I don't think his max stats are going to beat Vik unless you want to throw a lot of credits down the drain towards that.

You can just buy Vik Columi/Rakata pieces to wear, and pulling those mods out for Fourex its prohibitively expensive.

I don't think his max stats are going to beat Vik unless you want to throw a lot of credits down the drain towards that.

You can just buy Vik Columi/Rakata pieces to wear, and pulling those mods out for Fourex its prohibitively expensive.

What else do we have to use credits for?