4 Player Co-op

Gwazi-Magnum

I was just wondering if people here are up for a 4 player co-op.

By that I mean all 4 of us make new characters, and run through the game together as that team of 4.

In my past experience in a 2 player co-op it was great because of all the social points, the exp boost, all the fun from chatting with friends, easier to get a group together for heroics or flashpoints, plus crew skills and classes can divided among people in the team to work well together. Like one does biochem, another artifice, another cybertech etc.

Plus we can have combat roles to complement each other in my case it was a Tank and DPS.

If anyone is interested in starting such a co-op please say so here.

Some things we'll need to sort out though

1. Republic or Empire?

2. Who has what Crew Skills?

3. Combat Roles? (I'm thinking we should do 1 Tank, 1 DPS, 1 Healer and the fourth be either a DPS or Healer).

4. Server? (If we already got our team of four set we might want a low populated server)

5. Is text/party chat fine or should we use something such as Skype?

6. How strict of a co-op? Should we only play when all four of us are on or should we be allowed to move ahead if we want, but just re-do the missions with the others once they log on too?

I was just wondering if people here are up for a 4 player co-op.

By that I mean all 4 of us make new characters, and run through the game together as that team of 4.

In my past experience in a 2 player co-op it was great because of all the social points, the exp boost, all the fun from chatting with friends, easier to get a group together for heroics or flashpoints, plus crew skills and classes can divided among people in the team to work well together. Like one does biochem, another artifice, another cybertech etc.

Plus we can have combat roles to complement each other in my case it was a Tank and DPS.

If anyone is interested in starting such a co-op please say so here.

Some things we'll need to sort out though

1. Republic or Empire?

2. Who has what Crew Skills?

3. Combat Roles? (I'm thinking we should do 1 Tank, 1 DPS, 1 Healer and the fourth be either a DPS or Healer).

4. Server? (If we already got our team of four set we might want a low populated server)

5. Is text/party chat fine or should we use something such as Skype?

6. How strict of a co-op? Should we only play when all four of us are on or should we be allowed to move ahead if we want, but just re-do the missions with the others once they log on too?

If you roll a toon on Shii-cho you can roll with me and a few buds on republic you would just have to get to 10/11 solo

Between you and I...I would not bother. Unless you have 4 super serious friends you can rely on, you are likely wasting your time. I mean no disrespect, but speak from extensive experience on the subject. In my continuous time in-game since early beta....the more people you try and team lock with the more likely you will be disappointed.

In theory this is an awesome idea, but only need one player to blink out to ruin it. I met a great friend in beta....and he and I have team locked many toons. We have leveled several toons as a duo. We have tried on numerous occasion to include a 3rd person, but it never worked out. They would always either take several days off....or literally never return without a word.

Now he and I were decent and would give that player the respect of a waiting period for them to return. After which time we would just move on. Sure, as you eluded to, you can make it less strict and those that log on just move on....but going back to get the others caught up becomes a chore. Not to mention if they are gone too long you actually hurt their gains as opposed to helping it.

Again though, it is a great idea...if and only if all 4 players are serious and share you love for the idea....not to mention your schedule etc. I would suggest a 2 player co-op...as there is literally no regular content 2 player are limited by except some FPs and HMs {and even these do not all need 4 players sadly}. Naturally the more people you add the more likely of the co-op falling apart. Good luck though.

If you roll a toon on Shii-cho you can roll with me and a few buds on republic you would just have to get to 10/11 solo

Are you guys playing through like a co-op or are you all more like just play whenever you feel like it?

Between you and I...I would not bother. Unless you have 4 super serious friends you can rely on, you are likely wasting your time. I mean no disrespect, but speak from extensive experience on the subject. In my continuous time in-game since early beta....the more people you try and team lock with the more likely you will be disappointed.

In theory this is an awesome idea, but only need one player to blink out to ruin it. I met a great friend in beta....and he and I have team locked many toons. We have leveled several toons as a duo. We have tried on numerous occasion to include a 3rd person, but it never worked out. They would always either take several days off....or literally never return without a word.

Now he and I were decent and would give that player the respect of a waiting period for them to return. After which time we would just move on. Sure, as you eluded to, you can make it less strict and those that log on just move on....but going back to get the others caught up becomes a chore. Not to mention if they are gone too long you actually hurt their gains as opposed to helping it.

Again though, it is a great idea...if and only if all 4 players are serious and share you love for the idea....not to mention your schedule etc. I would suggest a 2 player co-op...as there is literally no regular content 2 player are limited by except some FPs and HMs {and even these do not all need 4 players sadly}. Naturally the more people you add the more likely of the co-op falling apart. Good luck though.

I admit it's hard and unlikely, but I figure if I'm motivated enough to play such a co-op there must be other players who feel the same way.

I have found a partner for exclusive levelling (we only play those characters with each other, no independent levelling) and it is a ton of fun. We organize playtime outside of the game using Skype. I also never realized how many different NPC lines there are for quests where you are in a group. Had no idea so much detail was put into the scriptwriting :)

I would suggest you try to just find one partner rather than 3 - trying to reconcile four differing schedules will be nothing short of impossible. Plus in a party of two, both of you can have your companions out which means you aren't missing any content.

Edited by Jenzali