Current Transfer Servers

Auck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, with the small scale of this, it's obviously just a 'test'.

Instead of transfers, they should have just allowed us to 'copy' to the destination server, to test the process, but still have a fall back if anything went wrong.

While I understand the need, from a production standpoint, to take a new system slow and ramp up over time, only allowing four North American servers at the start is a complete and utter joke. It should be double that, at minimum, with the list including the lowest population servers.

And dropping two of them into the two highest populated NA servers? They've got to be kidding, right? Because that runs completely contradictory to the very FAQ they wrote for this situation. Here, let me quote it (emphasis added):

Players who are anxious to ensure they end up on a heavily populated server will naturally flock to what is perceived as the 'biggest' server, potentially over-populating that server. This eventually leads to the exact situation we're trying to move away from. Our aim is to maximize server population across the entire service and to enhance the gameplay experience for our players.

According to the above quote, the goal was to avoid people migrating to the biggest existing populations and spread the population into other destination servers so those two servers were not the only "mega" servers. Instead, this situation does the exact opposite and pushes people to the two largest populated servers (Fatman, JC) which are in the least need of balancing.

Left hand, meet right hand.

Now talk to each other and figure out what you're both doing.

Because they are NOT doing them correctly ?

Another arm chair developer I see, how are they not doing them correctly? Have you seen and worked with their server infrastructure before? Have you ever implemented a character transfer system? If so then do tell how it works, if not then please stop touting your opinion on how it should be done as fact.

Where is it? why did bioware not put a recomendation for people to transfer to? so its basically going to be scattered. Otherwise everyone will be seperated into light servers. Someone explain to me why they did not do this? Mindless on bioware's part.

For example SOE did this when swg was dying, theygave a list of servers to transfer to and servers to not transfer to, then they shut down the dead servers. Bioware haven't thought about this? really?

Posted By Ben etc. "Have you not read anything bioware has written about transfers?"

Of course I've read what bioware has written about transfers are you mindless like the rest of bioware? not showing a reccomendation list of servers to go to?

Posted By "Nyla Spend more time reading the FAQ please."

Of course u read a few words from my post and jumped to a conclusion and of course the FAQ answers my question.

Edited by Jonoku

I can't say that I'm not disappointed...BW built this x-fers up to be the game-breaking release today, and what do we get? 2 west coast, 2 east coast.

Don't worry I know you'll "gradually" get all servers done with, over time.

Take your time, my friend and I on the space station are having a blast playing hide-n-seek.

-Zaalbaar player woo

Cheer up again. That is an indication of how abundant they want the servers to be, and they are increasing the cap so no wait times. Imagine every active server as big as that one, with no queue times and an LFG tool.

If one is to analyze the data at this point in time, cross reference that with the information they have released, that is the path they are taking. I would estimate that you will have a great many servers dumped onto you before this is done.

I know there is alot of complying based on the desire for instant gratification, but I'm about as happy as a pig in sloth right now. In the end, this is going to be awesome.

Yup. Agreed.

jeez bioware i get the hint i have received a warning dull just letting people know to calm down about server transfers dont remove my post no more i be good

Talking about moderation?

Your about to get another one. lolz

What they should have said was 'we plan to do 4 NA servers on the first day'. Not gradual, not phased, not some other subjective word that people will take to mean what it means to them.

To me 4 NA servers is 'doing almost nothing and creeping along from there', by subjective definitions.

If they had said that would you still be here? I know I wouldnt. Its an old scam called the "bait and switch". You can claim innocence because you use purposely vague words like "gradual". But hey if you just keep paying us and refreshing the server screen maybe (just maybe) one day you can transfer. No guarantees tho and obviously no dates because we miss every deadline we have ever set.

The lack of information is disturbing...

We don't know what servers are in line for transfer program atm. We don't know what's the status on RP servers. We don't know if there's any problem with transfers or if it's everything according to plan. We don't know who should be fired for hyping June 12th as transfer day etc.

... :rak_02:

I have a serious question that I have yet to find an answer to. First, let me give you some background. My guild (200ish people) want to transfer servers. Does the guild name and bank transfer with us? Is there a process that we should be following to ensure a smooth transition? Do we have to raise and spend the 4 or 5 million credits that we already put into the bank? What about the items in the bank - do they transfer with us, or do we need to put them on a "mule" and then transfer the "mules" to the new server?

While I'm thrilled to have been chosen as a server to move from, I would like to know how this will affect my guild. Thank you.

I knew BIofail would disappoint. EA should just it down. This game has been mismanaged beyond repair now. They should just merged instead.

Unsubbed along with 5 of my guildies just now. Was already back playing another game the past week, I'm over it. Bye SWTOR, you coulda been great!

To be honest this is how I expected the transfers to go and am happy its slower than people want.

At first they will probably be doing small batches with people checking to make sure the transfer went as expected which will be slower but if something does go wrong gets picked up quickly and the process fixed. As time goes on and they are happy the system works they will then probably start doing larger batches of transfers with less checks speeding things up. Eventually they will reach a point where they are happy to just let things run automatically.

I prefer this to them potentially doing thousands of transfers then finding out a high percentage of them failed.

Yup. People are insane. They thought there was going to be a magic switch that would make transfers all at once. lol!

It is working as designed and it is on going, so relax and wait your turn. There is no alternative... or would you rather lose something during the transfer?

You know... I'm starting to think that this process will weed out more people. People that apparently don't read and have unrealistic expectations. Not sure that is a bad thing.

I'm happy that the destination servers are high populations like Fatman/ Covenant. This game is meant to be crowded, if you don't want to be on a server with lots of other people... why are you playing a MassivelyMultiplayerORPG? Go play KOTOR if you want to be all alone.

M.M.O.R.P.G.

Massively

Multiplayer

Role-Playing

Game

I have a serious question that I have yet to find an answer to. First, let me give you some background. My guild (200ish people) want to transfer servers. Does the guild name and bank transfer with us? Is there a process that we should be following to ensure a smooth transition? Do we have to raise and spend the 4 or 5 million credits that we already put into the bank? What about the items in the bank - do they transfer with us, or do we need to put them on a "mule" and then transfer the "mules" to the new server?

While I'm thrilled to have been chosen as a server to move from, I would like to know how this will affect my guild. Thank you.

Go read the FAQs

I just don't understand why they don't give us the list of destination servers and transfer servers, and then give us a da when we qualify to move.

What I see with today's list is were scared this will not work so lets take it a chunk at a time. What a total let down.

EA/Bioware you want to stem the bleeding of your subs this is not the way to go about doing it.

Someone says not, but I'd like to see this clarified too.

So you will redefine words, just to win an argument. Priceless.

Hmm.. Priceless means too valuable to be priced. Did you really find his comment of that great a value or did you just redefine the word to make a point? ;)

Edited by InnerPieces