which companion

Blays

I'm lvl 35 and I've had Jorgan with me the whole time, my question is which companion is the best and/or favorite to run with? I know that each one comes with their own story, now is there anyway to get all the storylines from your all your companions or do you basically have to run several different troopers to get all the stories?

As you get your companion affection up, their stories unlock. So, to answer your question, your one trooper will have the ability to unlock all the companion storylines for the 5 trooper companions. Edited by Evoprime
Spelling

having an active companoin in conversations is one way to get affection, but gifts also work so no need to do multiple troopers. as for the best to run with, for anyone but a commando healer id strongly recommend elara, shes a healer so really makes things easy for questing, has a pretty interesting 'character' and is dead cute.

I also reccomend Elara, she can keep you in the battle longer and is especially good if you are a Vanguard that takes a lot of aggro, but she also works with Commandos very well too and can help you in particularly tricky boss fights such as the ones with

Tavus who has more than 28,000 HP, cryo's you every chance he gets, and heals himself, and against General Rakton who has an explosive probe that when detonated can make you lose half your health, if you run around this big pillar in the room Rakton won't hit you and Elara can heal you enough so you can go again and repeat the cycle until Rakton id defeated

Just remember that you have to practice and be able to use all of your companions in combat effectively and not to focus on just using one, otherwise when you are forced to use another you will find youself in trouble for example

During the battle of the Gauntlet you can only use Yuun for the first half and Tanno for the second. Yuun you just got so you might want to practice on Hoth before leaving orbit and as for Tanno you have to use him for the main boss battle and people often forget to upgrade his gear and don't use him that much, making the battle even harder

Just remember that you will be limited to just using one specific companion at some point so don't just try to rely only on one companion learn to use all of them