Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Sorry if this has been suggested but I cant be bothered listening to the same whine over and over. I think that if you want people to roll the new servers give them inscentive such as xp bonus. Not really fair that people on popular servers get put into really long queues.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem i see is when we start to do operations and heroic flashpoints etc, and someone dc and you can't continue. I mean that just can't happen, they have to input a system that lets you disconnect for 5 - 10 minutes and be able to bypass the line to get in again. They simply have to.

problem is this issue will be fixed before guilds start endgame content so that worry isnt something to worry about lol

Seriously??? People have paid $70 to upwards of $149 for the game already... It's not the $5 preorder...

And as I said I checked at the same time NA servers were at peak hours...

Edited by opaca

Actually I have already paid full price for this game, just as the majority of the rest of Europe has.

im irish and i havent so i dun thats down to the shop you paid for it because bioware will have not offically recieved your money till launch day

Dude why are you still even waiting I would return this game as fast as possible.

I opened the boxes and used my game codes, I won't get a refund from the shop and I live in a country where you can't go through a class action...

Wow those queues are *********** insane. Whatever the OP said... it's obvious they want to max their profits. Buy less servers and have people wait. So far, it's cool, we're not paying subscriptions. But I'm sorry, but as soon as I start paying for a damn subscription, I am not gonna stick into waiting lists every time I wanna play.

Well I am playing on the server Tomb of Freedon Nadd. The server with the longest queu I believe. I mean I have a lot of time on my hands and thus I can manage this heavy wait time quite well (even though it can be up to 6 hours if you are unlucky.) But I understand that this is a devestating problem for people with limited time. I hope they will fix this because I have had like 3 members of my guild leaving because they do not want to wait. And that is totally understandable.

Seriously??? People have paid $70 to upwards of $149 for the game already... It's not the $5 preorder...

I don't know about you but Origin DOES NOT CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD UNTIL THE GAME RELEASES ON THE 20th of December!!!

So.... we all still have time to return this game and get our money back.

YEAH THAT"S RIGHT BIOWARE we will be getting a full refund if you don't fix this crap before launch!

I have played a lot of games in my life and i never waited to play the game more than 15 min in WoW at the peak of the game and here 1hr+

Its not fun

lots of ppl in my guild are pissed and trust me if this continues ppl will walk away no one will pay and wait 1hr+ to play the game ffs:mad:

omg wow a doctors office IS NOT A FREAKING VIDEO GAME!!

get this through your thick skulls people.

Absolutely no waiting for servers is how it should be.

Do you ppl wait 40+ minutes to get into a match of Call of Duty??????

yeah that's what I thought.

Do you need to be bonked on the head to understand that this is LAUNCH of a massive massive game and they can't make a billion servers for anyone to choose from because when people start spreading out and stop playing 8 hours a day and they tune the servers all the people will be spread out. And then they will just have another problem to fix but that one will take much longer to fix then if they play it carefully now.

Seriously you are not even paying to play this game yet, it's like a free service they have every right to play it carefully during early access. Almost all the launches of mmorpg's are messy and if you can't understand and accept this then you need to stop playing this game during this launch perioud and do something else. Launch is ALWAYS messy, get off your high horse and stop whining and deal with it. Damn childish behaviour.

I have played a lot of games in my life and i never waited to play the game more than 15 min in WoW at the peak of the game and here 1hr+

Its not fun

lots of ppl in my guild are pissed and trust me if this continues ppl will walk away no one will pay and wait 1hr+ to play the game ffs:mad:

when wow first launched i once had to wait 6 hrs to get in only to have the server crash and such. sooo yea

I don't know about you but Origin DOES NOT CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD UNTIL THE GAME RELEASES ON THE 20th of December!!!

So.... we all still have time to return this game and get our money back.

YEAH THAT"S RIGHT BIOWARE we will be getting a full refund if you don't fix this crap before launch!

mine is charged, bought min from game stopp and have the CD¨s in my desk.

so your happy im not

no they didnt, and if they did they got the game early and as such they should go and complain to that store lol.

Yeah, alot of us did, is why we have early access and in game items when we create toons... My quest is how are people playing the game and haven't paid for early access rights???

problem is this issue will be fixed before guilds start endgame content so that worry isnt something to worry about lol

It probably wont be this long queues but if its 30 min to 2 h still at that time then of course it will be a problem. People will be starting to do these things in a month or two. Thats not a lot of time..

I dont mind waiting, even a hour wait i can live with but 3 - 5 hours is far far to much and thats if your lucky not to lose connection and start again (happened twice to me) its not a internet loss on my side either.

I got to play in the morning for the last few days but if i need to log off for what ever reason(or crash) im better giving up untill the next morning.:(

im irish and i havent so i dun thats down to the shop you paid for it because bioware will have not offically recieved your money till launch day

You actually have no idea when Bioware receives the money. Your original post stated that people hadn't paid for the game, my reply was to refute that. For all we know the retailer may have paid up front on a sale or return policy.

Do you need to be bonked on the head to understand that this is LAUNCH of a massive massive game and they can't make a billion servers for anyone to choose from because when people start spreading out and stop playing 8 hours a day and they tune the servers all the people will be spread out. And then they will just have another problem to fix but that one will take much longer to fix then if they play it carefully now.

Seriously you are not even paying to play this game yet, it's like a free service they have every right to play it carefully during early access. Almost all the launches of mmorpg's are messy and if you can't understand and accept this then you need to stop playing this game during this launch perioud and do something else. Launch is ALWAYS messy, get off your high horse and stop whining and deal with it. Damn childish behaviour.

Sure but when we'll start paying, pardon me, but paying to wait is unacceptable... whatever excuses you wanna give them.

Yeah, alot of us did, is why we have early access and in game items when we create toons... My quest is how are people playing the game and haven't paid for early access rights???

because ppl didnt have to buy the full game to get early access only had to pre order wich is 5 down and you can cancel before picking it up. dont know why you thought you had to pay in full an pick up the game for early access.........................................

Problem with your logic is that this should have already been in place. Their is a buzz-word that corporations like to use and that is "lessons learned". The system above has been in place in several MMO's, so it should have never been "left out".

Yes queues are normal for most big launches, yes things will even out eventually, but it still does not make it something that people should not voice their displeasure over. Some customers have already paid for the game, and thus expect service, which is their right.

On a funny note...perhaps Domino's Pizza should make an MMO...30 minutes or less or it is free ! That may get those lines moving in the right direction.

Its not fun

You must not have played WoW when it was first released, because the queues were just as long as well.

I'm not saying that it's acceptable just because WoW had long queues, but you're simply wrong.

Is this going to be solved when official release is done? I dont want to buy a game I cant be able to play. I usually play 2-3 hours a day and if I wait 2 and half hours like I have waited on Frostclaw server, i really NOT even going to place the code.

because ppl didnt have to buy the full game to get early access only had to pre order wich is 5 down and you can cancel before picking it up. dont know why you thought you had to pay in full an pick up the game for early access.........................................

Well not everyone just paid $5 down... So stop saying that we can take the game back or that we haven't paid for it...