Regarding server queues

StephenReid

BioWare, You Screwed up!!!

Don't make me tell your Big Brother EA on you....

Just put up more servers and let everyone do character transfers... Problem solved.

I can't tell if you're being serious here...

There is NOTHING they can do about it, if they KNEW exactly how many people were going to playing launch there would still be nothing they could do about it.

those of you with logic adverse brains please look away:

everyone wants to play at launch so you have (made up numbers for arguments sake) 100 people trying to get into a server that fits 50 people. once the launch mania subsides, those numbers will dimish to about 25 people trying to get onto a 50 person server, and i cite as my source litterally every MMO that has ever come out.

YOUR SOLUTION: make more servers and let people move to lighter servers blah blah...

now you have 25 people trying to get onto a 50 limit server; guess what happens when the mania subsides... you have servers with 2-3% of there limit actually playing at any given time.

Logical part over you can look again

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do something bioware, its your freakign costumers getting mad here

Did it ever occur to anybody that the best strategy is to do nothing until they get a clearer picture of the population density when people stop re rolling 20 times and when they have information?

Theres nothing to be done right now. This is a symptom of a very successful game. How ironic.

The queues are expected but a bit of a joke to say the least, to actually launch the game after already having the numbers that are currently on from pre launch, an not increase servers capacity (i hope they arent running full tilt) is ridiculous. all it is going to cause is for people not to subscribe, seen it on plenty of mmos before. if it carries on im not going to sub, at this rate its going to die on its arse. awesome game but people wont put up with queues after free time, an then numbers will drop but who wants to play on low player pooled servers, no competition no challenge. no point at all.

I was in the game since the lunch time, I just got famous "1003" error and I'm now in a queue of 1500+.

Good job Bioware.

Edit: Server is Legions of Lettow, EU-PVP.

Edited by Devro

Did it ever occur to anybody that the best strategy is to do nothing until they get a clearer picture of the population density when people stop re rolling 20 times and when they have information?

Theres nothing to be done right now. This is a symptom of a very successful game. How ironic.

Guess what? People rerolling 300 times just because they can't play :)

What has changed about the basic rules of managing server loads and scores of people trying to log in at the same time?

Nothing. Solving this issue is like solving rush our traffic -> nothing can be done when its this big.

lol, it's a little different when the solutions are - Add a free transfer, move people themselves or increase server size, which all will take them a few hours to implement and the other solution, to the traffic jam scenario, is add lanes of pavement, which takes city worker months to do it seems lol.

Your analogy just took an arrow to the knee my friend!

Edited by Shakkaka

Hi, I think I'm speaking on behalf of others as well, but those logging queues are simply unacceptable. I've preordered CE version early in August and was invited among first to the game, on the second day of early access invites. Now I cannot even log onto my character on Legions of Lettow (LoL it is....) because all those stupid school boys and money farmers are occupying slots since 15:00 p.m. CET roughly (money farmers are online nonstop indeed). I bought CE version, I've already pre-paid half a year, I was invited before all those people, I want to play my char and I want YOU to do something about it. I was not told by YOURSELVES that I will not be able to keep playing after release.

I really do not care how you handle the situation, either add more slots so queue is not that huge (200-400 would be acceptable for me) or force (Force) migrate characters that were created after 15/12 to another server. At this moment I am penalised just because I have a job and have to earn some bucks for living and because I usually get to home at 18:00, I'm stuck in queue on position 1600+ with estimated time 1.5 hours but in reality it is close to 2.5 hours.

This is all because of classic "friend of my friend is on that server so I have to go there as well" scenario, that you should have predicted at the moment the server was full, but without queue, on 16/12.

I really do not care about people that joined the server after some reasonable period of time, say 15/12 or 16/12, just move them away to other servers, you can do that. I am not a Mother Theresa so I care about myself. And I'm saying it again, loud and clear, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Mlekar

I preordered day one back in june, prepayed etc etc, so you can wait behind me, in fact anyone who didnt preorder on day one should get to the back of the bus, also i should be put at the front of any que, get free credits, get to pick any gear i want, and one shot all bosses...you or I are entitled to benifits because we ordered or got our game before someone else, get real dude!

People think that it makes sense to throw a bunch of money into new servers.

Aion and WAR did this, then they both had to deal with a massive decrease in players, server merges, and all sorts of fallout from that. They paid for that mistake, and I think it's smart that BW isn't making the same mistake.

They're balancing the current server load pretty well. I've been on one of the full servers since day 1 and the longest wait I've seen is 15 minutes during peak hours. That's a pretty damn good balance when you're dealing with a few million people.

Why don't you guys boost some of the server capacity on Dark Reaper for me? Thanks. Really don't like ques. Maybe you could boost the server capacity to the number of accounts linked to it with a character over level 15, or auto allow anyone at lvevel 30 and above access. :)

Its the highlighted and underlined in bold npart i dissagree with here. It just wouldent be fair on those that do not have alot of time to play, that maybe log in on a weekend only due to work concerns or those that just plain like to take it easy and slow paced. Apart from that its a good idea (excepting the dark reaper only part :p ).

There have been lots of posts from people saying "you shouldn't have picked a full server"

I did not pick a full server, the admins chose a server for the guild, the server was overloaded from the word go but instead of the queues coming down.. well we know the story.

Give us an option to move the guild and characters assigned to the guild. or allow free character transfers on account for a week so we can spread out a bit.

As for re-rolling, no issue for me, it is an issue for other guildies who have managed to get quite high in level as they spend hours playing without dc or rl issues interfering (lucky them) :p

The queues are anoying. But they are probebly working on the problem and it will be fix in the near future.

Raging aint helping, im mad aswell i have 50 min queue on my EU server. But i am sertain they are adressing the problem.

50 minute queue doesn't sound bad, many have 4-5+ Hour long queues on the very servers Bioware assigned our guilds to.

And I think the main issue that's causing people to rage is the lack of substantial communication beyond them stating that they're aware that there are, in fact, queues...

I'm guessing the wait and see attitude is as annoying ot others as it is to me, I would expect a company to actually be proactive. They tried something (guild deployment) it clearly flopped massively (guilds see that neither their enemies nor allies are on the same server they're assigned to so migrate to our already packed server), so it's time to step up and fix it, either by increasing population caps even more (still feels like a ghost town in game despite insane queues to get in) or move guilds to a lighter server.

hey it could be worse... yesterday i waited 3x3ish hour before i finally got in after getting kicked from queu and going back end of line 2 times..

Today it just happened again was around nr 100 in line after waiting 2 hours, starting as 1100, just got kicked so now im back in line as nr 1400.

IM SO F#¤#¤¤ PISSED OFF AND MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flame on as if i could care.

Edited by Sith-Viper

I hope it will be sorted asap. We are paying subscription to play the game and not to queue and get the chance to get in :/

Bioware must be also carefull, watchdog will be on their tail soon if nothing positive happen, some users might start some class actions :o/

Besides of this, the game is awesome.

We are a few days from 2012. If it was 2002 I could see a new MMO providing the challenges of load balancing servers, but not in this mature state of the industry with so many known formulas for server population stress to reference and plan around.

What was the whole point of pre-positioning guilds on servers if not to help pre-balance the populations? Why are known FULL servers still allowing new accounts/characters to be created? What was the point of the stress testing if not to provide known pressure values for population peaks?

It's NOON (cst) during the work week and I'm in a queue?

Enable free transfers or the "early access" was all for nothing if people have to go start over on new servers.

Again, ten years ago the MMO infrastructure planning was "new". There are well understood formulas today, and clearly someone who was hired for planning this came from another MMO shop with experience.

Let's get this ironed out please!

Maybe balance out what they have already would be a start? Character transfers?

Why vastly over pop early servers, then release new ones early preorderers can't use with wasting there characters with many hours put to them?

hey it could be worse... yesterday i waited 3x3ish hour before i finally got in after getting kicked from queu and going back end of line 2 times..

Today it just happened again was around nr 100 in line after waiting 2 hours, starting as 1100, just got kicked so now im back in line as nr 1400.

IM SO F#¤#¤¤ PISSED OFF AND MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flame on as if i could care.

I see your well structured argument

Hey guys the Steam store is down due to high traffic because of the Xmas specials. We better quick get over to their forums and fill them up with RAGE AND HATRED! I baked some hater-tots and my buddy has some haterade for snacks. Who's with me!

LOL, well put. Ques happen at the start and will eventually even out when people who are willing to play on another server start new toons. Patience young padawans/acolytes.

With the holidays coming up, I am sure there will still be a huge influx of people because they wont be receive the gift until actual Christmas eve/day. I am sure by now you have read and heard lots of people complaining about the queue times. They are pretty horrible and often, people are not able to play due to the limited times they may have to actually play versus the queue time that eats it all up. The real question is, now that the game has been officially released, is there a schedule to start bringing new servers online and moving people off of the full servers to these new servers so that we can actually play again?

Can you possibly post something on the swtor news email that is sent out so that we can at least have some kind of idea?

Thank you.

what he said.....

People think that it makes sense to throw a bunch of money into new servers.

Aion and WAR did this, then they both had to deal with a massive decrease in players, server merges, and all sorts of fallout from that. They paid for that mistake, and I think it's smart that BW isn't making the same mistake.

They're balancing the current server load pretty well. I've been on one of the full servers since day 1 and the longest wait I've seen is 15 minutes during peak hours. That's a pretty damn good balance when you're dealing with a few million people.

Lucky you, I wait over an hour a day. Just unblinker yourself a second.

There have been lots of posts from people saying "you shouldn't have picked a full server"

I did not pick a full server, the admins chose a server for the guild, the server was overloaded from the word go but instead of the queues coming down.. well we know the story.

Give us an option to move the guild and characters assigned to the guild. or allow free character transfers on account for a week so we can spread out a bit.) :p

Exactly, I was assigned with my whole guild to The Fatman and it is by FAR the worst server for que times. I know because every time I log in and the biggest que for any other server is 25 mins and the Fatman is ONE HOUR 15 (more like 2 hours) everyday. My girlfriend and I seriously have to call our roommate 2 hours before we are off work just to log us in so we can play before midnight. Sheesh!