Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame EA for what BW not increasing server capacity alot faster than they are? Its quite clearly obvious that the full servers have lots of people wanting to play. My guess it they just want people to get rage and transfer to the quiter servers.

They should lock the full servers and increase capacity to a reasonable level.

I would LOVE to transfer, but there is only ONE aka SINGLE aka ONLY English RP-PVP server.

I've never had a queue til today. I played over 50 hours in EGA, at varying times of day, on a server with possibly the largest Republic guild on it.

So because you didn't see the problem, it must not exist. Were you ever the victim of a suicide bomber? No? Well those must be fiction as well; oh and AIDS, and the holocaust. Yep, all not real, according to you.

This problem has existed for almost 7 days now on most EA servers. I waited Saturday and Sunday both for over 2 hours in the queue before just cancelling and going to bed. 2 hours is my total play time, being an adult with responsibilities. I, and many like me, are not happy with this launch process at all. You don't like it? Tough *********** *****. Move along.

The make queues for purpose. There were no much people in game on the map eeven the mirrors were only one. I already hate the politics they make in this game. What should i do now with my 40 lvl character? :mad: :mad: ****** all

Spurious logic. Its well known that only the vocal minority of angry people complain on message boards. People who aren't unhappy are either making breakfast while they check the queues or are in here firing anti-QQ missiles at people like you.

So really not all of this thread is unhappiness with BW. Its me being unhappy with you lot for not having any common sense or patience.

Where do you get your statistics? I'd love to see where anything is well known when it comes to message boards. Being a gamer for over 20+ years and doing MMO's since the MUD days, I've never seen statistics to show this, lol.

I can agree that the slightly agitated folks are probably making breakfast while they check on the queues. Those with queues over 1 hour though, are usually P.O.'d and complaining heavily.

The problem now is, people like you are STILL trying to stick up for Bioware, even after all their failures the past week. Remember, it's their responsibility to launch a product when they are ready. The obviously weren't ready. People need to stop trying to shift the blame on the players themselves and put it right where it belongs, on Bioware.

Alright, I was trying to be patient at first. My co-workers all rolled on Canderous Ordo because that's where their guild was assigned, so I created a character there as well. Even before launch day we were getting 30 mins to 1 hour ques (which aren't even close to the worst ones, but still horribly unacceptable). I told myself you guys would get it ironed out by launch day though. You were probably just being conservative on what hardware you would need, but would increase it as the need arose. I read the start of this thread stating that I should just suck it up and roll on a light population server (which is a stupid thing to tell your customers). I did that however; I picked a light population server and made a toon with my wife, just so I could play the game. Well now my backup server has a que. Any more bright ideas? Is your next suggestion going to be roll ANOTHER toon on a low server again?

You knew exactly how many pre-orders went out, so you knew exactly what kind of load to expect. You also had direct control on the guild populations on the servers you assigned them to so you created this problem. Opening new servers is not fixing this :mad:

There are several servers who have queues during off-peak hours now. Is a one-way transfer possible to the other lighter servers? It's difficult... I don't think a whole slew of new servers need to be released, but the servers available right now need to be balanced out.

Quite a few EGA players are unwilling to start over because of all the magical levels they've earned already, long before official launch day. A transfer might be the only way to get otherwise stubborn individuals off of bloated servers.

lolwut?

I'm sorry I just had to quote that... I must have missed the memo where EA was in dire straits all of a sudden. In fact I'm pretty sure that a company that's actively making good acquisitions and releasing successful titles is quite the opposite of "dying".

You call all the Need for speed games a good franchise. Bahahahahaha. I'm sorry but when EA took over the company that made Need For speed, I gave up on Need for speed. Since Need for speed High stakes, its been dead to me. So you are wrong. The franchises they are coming out with are dying cause they have ruined them.

Kicked out the server " Error code 9000 ?"

Only to be met with a 2 - 6 hour Queue

I say 2 - 6 hours because judging by past expereince my place in the queue can mean 6 hour wait.

How about a system where for all time lost in Queues we are given back game time ?

Queues are annoying but reality thier lots server with light pops too before making judgement wait until prime time tonight then we will get actual stats about queue times.

It suxs that BW can't offer people free transfer though or even guild transfer.

BW dropped ball not allowing transfers to migrate population accross the servers.

As we were assigned a server via ega guild registration, we assumed they were spreading out

population. We assumed wrong. Now that we have picked the names we wanted and friends and family have joined our server, we need to move. This was a failure in balancing population, I am aware that there is no way to be Clairvoyance in this but it could have been handled much better.

15:39 CET (Central European Time)

Server: ToFN (Tomb of Freedon Nadd-PvP English-EUROPE)

Estimated Wait < 1h35m

Position in Queue: 1442

Do you really think I will be in after 1h35m? I bet for 3 hours

• 16:39 CET (1 hour after logging)
  • Position in Queue 922

• 17:39 CET (2 hours after logging)
  • Position in Queue 560

• 18:39 CET (3 hours after logging)
  • Position in Queue 196

• 19:06 CET (3 hours 27 minutes after logging in)
  • I'm in

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UNNACCEPTABLE

Edited by Jhava

I hope I speak for a good number of people when I say that even when there aren't queues, the game is enjoyable enough to wait for. Queues are a part of MMOs, and I think some of us understand that. If you choose to play on a high-pop server, queues are going to be part of your day. As it is I"m on a heavy server and I have hardly any queues. The complainers could always move to another server.

Some of us were early preorders, we are the one placed on these silly servers with the guild launch program. Guess what, when i started playing the server pop was low.

BTW all of my guildies have put a lot of time into our characters, this is time we really don't wish to loose. However, if they give us free transfers, we will gladly move.

Stop being an apologist, it's pathetic.

RAGE!

I get home at 17:45 and log into the game where there is a 630 people queue. Alright the games says it will take around 40 minutes but I know it is more like 1 hour. So I wait and after 1 hour in queue im down to 28 in the queue and then I get an error message #1003 that the connection to the server got interupted. My internet worked fine.

Now I can log back into the queue and get number 930 in the queue... So great now I can wait more like 1,5 hours to get in with the risk of getting that bloody same error again...

RAGE!

Edited by Yddi

I've been quiet till now.

But honestly, the falling down of the queue sitation with the release was totally foreseeable.

Servers full on the Early Access clearly meant servers ultra full on release, and I have to say that if it's not possible to decrease those queues by working on the servers, at least you should give us the free transfer chance.

2004 is the key word

What has changed about the basic rules of managing server loads and scores of people trying to log in at the same time?

Nothing. Solving this issue is like solving rush our traffic -> nothing can be done when its this big.

Hey guys the Steam store is down due to high traffic because of the Xmas specials. We better quick get over to their forums and fill them up with RAGE AND HATRED! I baked some hater-tots and my buddy has some haterade for snacks. Who's with me!

Where do you get your statistics? I'd love to see where anything is well known when it comes to message boards. Being a gamer for over 20+ years and doing MMO's since the MUD days, I've never seen statistics to show this, lol.

I can agree that the slightly agitated folks are probably making breakfast while they check on the queues. Those with queues over 1 hour though, are usually P.O.'d and complaining heavily.

The problem now is, people like you are STILL trying to stick up for Bioware, even after all their failures the past week. Remember, it's their responsibility to launch a product when they are ready. The obviously weren't ready. People need to stop trying to shift the blame on the players themselves and put it right where it belongs, on Bioware.

Leave him alone.

Wonder if He'd be so happy if he had to wait in a 6 hour Queue or even be ingame, crash out of it and wait in a 6 hour Queue.

A good solution would be for bioware to contact guilds in highly populated servers and organise transfers.