Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BioWare, You Screwed up!!!

Don't make me tell your Big Brother EA on you....

Just put up more servers and let everyone do character transfers... Problem solved.

In the mean time you guys are pissing everyone off and giving yourselves a bad name.

I agree with the statement above.. The guys that are in charge of the server should be fired.

The design team should get a raise.

Common REALLY 2 hours i queue server fails getting connection error. back to the start of the queue another 2 hours wait.

BTW again fix the damm timers... 800 ppl queue is not 1 hour its 2!!!!!!!

Current totalt time in queue 43 hours...

This is not bioware's fault. IT is EA who you need to blame. EA is a dying company and bioware should split from them. Go on their own. They have the capability to last on their own. EA is just being an *** and trying to own all companies cause THEY know they are dying. Bioware will fix this. This is launch and is to be expected. I will have my game open while I play skyrim. I am not worried.

logged in at 16.40 today..at 18.50..i was at 30 in que..then the lovly errorcode 1003 showed up..relogged..1300 in que..My whole *********** playday ruined!!! i work full day job, and play in the evening..mens i have to stay up way late to be able to do what i love. this is just a total rippoff!!! i cannot belive you have not fixed theese issues before launch. stresstest my as..

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Why don't you guys boost some of the server capacity on Dark Reaper for me? Thanks. Really don't like ques. Maybe you could boost the server capacity to the number of accounts linked to it with a character over level 15, or auto allow anyone at lvevel 30 and above access. :)

Common REALLY 2 hours i queue server fails getting connection error. back to the start of the queue another 2 hours wait.

BTW again fix the damm timers... 800 ppl queue is not 1 hour its 2!!!!!!!

Current totalt time in queue 43 hours...

If that happened i would turn of computer and watch some TV

I hope I speak for a good number of people when I say that even when there aren't queues, the game is enjoyable enough to wait for. Queues are a part of MMOs, and I think some of us understand that. If you choose to play on a high-pop server, queues are going to be part of your day. As it is I"m on a heavy server and I have hardly any queues. The complainers could always move to another server.

That's what I think should be done to solve the problem of queues:

-Open the shuttle one day.

-Open-transfer from overcrowded servers (in one direction only).

-Open the transfer to a free server (in one direction only).

-Notify the community about this for a couple of weeks before the transfer.

This will allow guilds to move to a free server as a whole. I myself am a member of the guild, and I see it torn apart by internal conflicts due to large queues.

Do not destroy the guild! Give them a chance to be solid!

Not coming here to moan. I joined the server 2 days before release because all of my friends are playing there, However I got disconnected on the game only and now I am probably looking at an 3 hours queue :(.

Please can we get an update on the progress of what you are looking at doing to amend this?

If there were a free migration to a server that isn't going to suck, like they give on other popular MMO's ill take it asap!

Give us a #%(#)@ queue grace period! 40 min wait to get in Frostclaw, my internet blips for 2 whole seconds causing a DC, now I'm back in a 1 hour queue. I got to play 30 minutes!

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BIOWARE! geez.

same situation! error 9000 and ages of queue again :(

Well, this thread is a hell of a lot less constructive than the other closed ones.

Anyway, what about WAR and Aion? They did what most of you are yelling at BW to do - open a bunch of new servers. What happened to them? After the initial launch, people logging in steadied out and all of a sudden the servers were severly underpopulated to the point of having to merge them together. This was a costly mistake for both games.

I have an idea, let's *not* screw up like that with SWTOR, kay?

doing a groupquest with friends, getting some sort of error saying it dissconnected me from the server and I log in within the minute and im out!? I have to que for an hour?! ***!

so now my friends are just sitting there waiting for me... will be hard getting a sommunity to raid when thye have to wait for an hour if their tank get to que cuz of some ****** error caused by the game...

Character transfer now!!!!! i carnt cope with an hour wait every day just to play

and dont tell me to re roll or tell me that queue times are adequate :mad::mad::mad:

i never queued for wow once ever or rift or any other mmo and i get punished just for ordering early and getting in on day one

i wish i hadnt pre ordered in july i could have gone to the shop today and played on a light server straight away what a joke and what a thanks for being a loyal fan

Edited by rcadam

EA is a dying company and bioware should split from them. Go on their own. They have the capability to last on their own. EA is just being an *** and trying to own all companies cause THEY know they are dying.

lolwut?

I'm sorry I just had to quote that... I must have missed the memo where EA was in dire straits all of a sudden. In fact I'm pretty sure that a company that's actively making good acquisitions and releasing successful titles is quite the opposite of "dying".

This is not bioware's fault. IT is EA who you need to blame. EA is a dying company and bioware should split from them. Go on their own. They have the capability to last on their own. EA is just being an *** and trying to own all companies cause THEY know they are dying. Bioware will fix this. This is launch and is to be expected. I will have my game open while I play skyrim. I am not worried.

Blame EA for what BW not increasing server capacity alot faster than they are? Its quite clearly obvious that the full servers have lots of people wanting to play. My guess it they just want people to get rage and transfer to the quiter servers.

They should lock the full servers and increase capacity to a reasonable level.

Hi, I think I'm speaking on behalf of others as well, but those logging queues are simply unacceptable. I've preordered CE version early in August and was invited among first to the game, on the second day of early access invites. Now I cannot even log onto my character on Legions of Lettow (LoL it is....) because all those stupid school boys and money farmers are occupying slots since 15:00 p.m. CET roughly (money farmers are online nonstop indeed). I bought CE version, I've already pre-paid half a year, I was invited before all those people, I want to play my char and I want YOU to do something about it. I was not told by YOURSELVES that I will not be able to keep playing after release.

I really do not care how you handle the situation, either add more slots so queue is not that huge (200-400 would be acceptable for me) or force (Force) migrate characters that were created after 15/12 to another server. At this moment I am penalised just because I have a job and have to earn some bucks for living and because I usually get to home at 18:00, I'm stuck in queue on position 1600+ with estimated time 1.5 hours but in reality it is close to 2.5 hours.

This is all because of classic "friend of my friend is on that server so I have to go there as well" scenario, that you should have predicted at the moment the server was full, but without queue, on 16/12.

I really do not care about people that joined the server after some reasonable period of time, say 15/12 or 16/12, just move them away to other servers, you can do that. I am not a Mother Theresa so I care about myself. And I'm saying it again, loud and clear, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Mlekar

MILLIONS of people are coming on. AROUND the world. Grow up and deal with it. While its loading, go play skyrim or something. You can leave the game open til your finally in. Good grief.

Lol. I tried that. Skyrim somehow crashed my SWTOR when I went to check on the que.

You have been warned ;)