RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Funny cos it true, to bad Lord Calypho is so low populated so the number of posts is very limited i guess. This matter really need some attention and looked into asap.

Spam their Twitter pages.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be actually trolling if it wasn't a kind of sarcastic almost true.

It's more like ~1500+ people. You know, Bioware's definition of a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER Online Roleplaying Game. o.O

I'm sure we can get a answer

I surely received a couple of mails, they werent answer but someone read this

Or maybe theres a bot that autodetects anger in a post and fires e mails

See BW maybe i got a decent idea? What about another one...OPEN TRANSFERS FOR LORD CALYPHO TO PVP SERVERS IN EU AND USA...TYTYTY

And yet you all chose a server with an RP designation....

Ofc we did, cause the reason you go to RP-PVP is the community. Ofc you wouldn't know that , but all us who play at rp-pvp usually end up playing on the same server without even arranging it when hopping from game to game.

Now regarding the subjext in general i had posted my opinion about this here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476013

Simply pathetic bioware...

Teenage ninja turtles online would care more for it's customers if it existed as a MMO...

But apparently all you care about is : Show me the money...

Before this game i was just playing your games because you were behind em...

After It , i really doubt i will even buy any game of yours again...

Edited by Davelakos

Just asnother PR flop for Biofail. I'm pretty sure this game won't survive this year. F2P or closure incomming. Transfers won't safe the game. We will be where we are now in 1-2 months again. Overhyped TORtanic. Last time I fell for this kind of scam. Elder Scrolls online, Guild Wars 2 etc. all effing scam.

Actually....no.

You see, BioWare will do anything it takes to make sure the RP-PvP server has a healthy population. If that means going to step 2 of phase one and opening it up to more origin servers, so be it.

This is mentioned in the blog. Read it again.

There is no origin servers for those servers. There is one RPPVP server for each language (enlish,french,german). They are combining similiar servers only. (including launguage). That means all three of those servers will not have any transfers so they will all stay with the same population.

That is the problem they are talking about. They want to be able to change off a RP server since the transfers will have no effect on them and the entire point of the transfers is to make servers more populated.

If Bioware had any clue on what they were doing they would allow them (EU RP-PVP players) to have a special transfer where they can pick either to goto a PVP server or a RP-PVE server of the same language.

So for EU they will do something like this

RP-PVP (E) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVP (F) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVP (G) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVE (E) 3 servers into 1 server

RP-PVE (F) 2 servers into 1 server

RP-PVE (G) 3 servers into 1 server

PVE (E) 20 servers into 4 servers

PVE (F) 5 servers into 1 server

PVE (G) 15 into 4 servers

PVP (E) 21 servers into 4 servers

PVP (F) 8 servers into 2 servers

PVP (G) 11 into 3 servers

Give or take +/- 1 destination server thats how I see it being.

Same with the US servers just E and W. Most likely it will be a destination server of an average of 4 or more origin servers of that type. Most likely excluding the top 3-4 servers like fatman from any transfers.

They should level all the servers up though so that some fanboi will start using torstatus as to show a population increase since a few servers will go from light to heavy because of the transfers and the origin servers will stay ligh as they aways have and still be credited with 250 players for an average.

Edited by Emeda

I have waited patiently for 1.3… and i have flirted with the cancellation of my subscription on numerous occasions. Most of the guilds on Lord Calypho have either merged or are dying a slow death. Bioware really needs to make some response and clarify what its plans are for its player base on Lord Calypho, being the only RP – PVP server

I originally choose an RP- PVP option for the following reasons. RP servers are renowned for having a more mature community, and also having the option to PVP was personally a win for me.

To simply give the option to transfer to a PVP server is not good enough. Bioware need to make an exception in the case of Lord Calypho, giving the community the option to either transfer to an RP or PVP server. Remember we originally all choose our destination servers for a reason.

As the active playerbase on Lord Calypho has stayed loyal to Bioware whilst they try to establish this game, I suggest they repay some of this, by listening and responding to the Lord Calypho’s community.

^^This exactly. I left an RP-PVE server that was dying a quick death (Kath Hound), leaving behind a 15 Legacy that I was pretty attached to. I've enjoyed my time on Lord Calypho, but the players are becoming fewer and fewer. I'm simply not abandoning another Legacy to move once again to reroll somewhere else. If I can't take it with me to a place worth playing, and no one will free-transfer into Lord Claypho strengthening its player base because it's excluded coming and going, then I'll just have to find something else to play.

I've always been a loyal Bioware fan, but I'm losing my faith.

Just asnother PR flop for Biofail. I'm pretty sure this game won't survive this year. F2P or closure incomming. Transfers won't safe the game. We will be where we are now in 1-2 months again. Overhyped TORtanic. Last time I fell for this kind of scam. Elder Scrolls online, Guild Wars 2 etc. all effing scam.

You read the FAQ? You saw the video?

"Millions of characters will participate the Transfers..." - that's Marketing. *lol* :D

Everyone who hears that must think: OMG this game is soooo successfull, millions of characters? WOWOWOW! :)

Edited by LovarBoy

It's not even a big deal... allow people on RP-PVP servers to go to PVP ones; it's an exception that's required considering that there are only 3 and all empty - worse for the EU ones that can't even do anything because of the different language servers.

- Any chance a developer's going to pop in and address this?

It's not even a big deal... allow people on RP-PVP servers to go to PVP ones; it's an exception that's required considering that there are only 3 and all empty - worse for the EU ones that can't even do anything because of the different language servers.

- Any chance a developer's going to pop in and address this?

LOL, you think they have a clue? They are in their office saying "OK, we got transfers so now watch all the people come back to play. We will be over 3 million by the end of the month."

So for EU they will do something like this

RP-PVP (E) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVP (F) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVP (G) 1 server stays 1 server

RP-PVE (E) 3 servers into 1 server

RP-PVE (F) 2 servers into 1 server

RP-PVE (G) 3 servers into 1 server

PVE (E) 20 servers into 4 servers

PVE (F) 5 servers into 1 server

PVE (G) 15 into 4 servers

PVP (E) 21 servers into 4 servers

PVP (F) 8 servers into 2 servers

PVP (G) 11 into 3 servers

Give or take +/- 1 destination server thats how I see it being.

They said that only initially are they sticking with the server type to server type. That means that, conceptually, they could open a couple PvP (E) to go to RP-PvP (E), PvP (F) to go to RP-PvP (F), and PvP (G) to go to RP-PvP (G).

Edited by JeramieCrowe

So in short they just want to ignore the population on three servers because of two letters (R, P)? I really dont think it is to hard even for Bioware to allow transfers from an RP-PVP to a PVP server?
Some would rather go to a RP server. Some don't want to go anywhere other than another RP-PvP server. Edited by HeavensAgent

Some would rather go to a RP server. Some don't want to go anywhere other than another RP-PvP server.

BS, most want just more people and PvP. You can RP anywhere. it doesn't metter what server type you are on.

They said that only initially are they sticking with the server type to server type. That means that, conceptually, they could open a couple PvP (E) to go to RP-PvP (E), PvP (F) to go to RP-PvP (F), and PvP (G) to go to RP-PvP (G).

If your willing to fork out the cash to do it they will.

They can now say they did free transfer and start with the paid transfer.

At least you managed not to fall into the trap of Hyperbole....much:eek:

BS, most want just more people and PvP. You can RP anywhere. it doesn't metter what server type you are on.

Apparently not, I remember a slew of post here begging for RP-Servers and especially the RP-PVP servers. It stands to reason that most people don't want to RP so don't join the RP servers otherwise they would have rolled on those severs.

It was stated that this was Phase 1 meaning there are other Phases to continue. They are doing this in an orderly fashion. Just because you are not in the first phase doesn't mean you won't get a chance to move.

There are millions of characters to be moved. It will take time even with the tool they can only move so many characters at a time per day. Just because you are not at the front of the line doesn't mean that they will not eventually move you. They are just limiting the initial phase to same type servers.

It is all in the blog http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

and the FAQ http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4547928#post4547928

First, Bioware goes: "PLAY ALTS PEOPLE! It's legacy! Play alts, it's amazing."

Now they go: "Screw the alts! Screw your legacy! You have to reroll and abandon all of this. No transfers for you."

No way in earth I'm going to reroll and leave my 2 50's behind.

Edited by Rogoo

First, Bioware goes: "PLAY ALTS PEOPLE! It's legacy! Play alts, it's amazing."

Now they go: "Screw the alts! Screw your legacy! You have to reroll and abandon all of this. No transfers for you."

No way in earth I'm going to reroll and leave my 2 50's behind.

This discussion has gone for several pages now and pretty much proven that BioWare NEVER said to abandon characters and reroll somewhere else.

This discussion has gone for several pages now and pretty much proven that BioWare NEVER said to abandon characters and reroll somewhere else.

They did, but indirectly.

The server population problem is not new. And the dead servers are existent since the end of January.

And they did in 4,5 months NOTHING to help those players.

The only way if you want to continue playing and if you want to have enough people to make groups, decent warfront invite times etc was / is to reroll.

They did, but indirectly.

The server population problem is not new. And the dead servers are existent since the end of January.

And they did in 4,5 months NOTHING to help those players.

The only way if you want to continue playing and if you want to have enough people to make groups, decent warfront invite times etc was / is to reroll.

Actually, I dont think it was indirectly, just wasn't on the 'official forums.' Pretty sure Stephen Reid dropped that response to the playerbase on the forums before they had decided to give official word on transfers. I am sure someone around here has the link. I remember a thread about it because people were furious.

Actually, I dont think it was indirectly, just wasn't on the 'official forums.' Pretty sure Stephen Reid dropped that response to the playerbase on the forums before they had decided to give official word on transfers. I am sure someone around here has the link. I remember a thread about it because people were furious.

Well, we've been asking for a link for going on 50 pages now (in the other thread), and none are forthcoming...

Edited by JeramieCrowe