RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this news basically makes server transfers worthless to me, since I left a dying RP-PVP server and rolled on a generic PVP server (which died soon after). Now I have no way of merging my legacy which is one of my favorite features.

Merging all the NA RP-PVP servers would at least breath some life back into them, but for how long?

At the very least paid transfers had better allow transfer to different style servers.

Guys, don't be unfair on the RP-PVP crowd. It is exactly the same issue people are suffering from. Back when the community asked for such a server type, it was the highest populated english speaking server. In fact it was one of the last still hitting high population in recent months. So it's not as if there were not enough players.

Now for you PVE and PVP server guys, sure, they might have opened a few servers to many but that's mostly not the issue you're suffering from now since once your servers had a decent population. You suffer now because 6 months into the game so many people have left for various reasons starting a chain effect making people leave for population reasons now. So essentially it is just as much your own fault for rolling on a 'light' or 'medium' server at launch. ;)

See? Stupid discussion.

Problem is, RP-PVP players are left out and something should be done about it to actually save this server type alltogether. I don't even think there isn't enough demand for it, since, as state above this server was absolutely exploding with population early into the game. It is probably simply due to the fact that this game has been losing players from the start... in quite a massive way. At the same time I dare to say we probably didn't get many new players at all in this period. If we had, I'm sure the RP-PVP population would look better.

My personal solution would be to offer the RP-PVP servers as an option for certain PVP and RP servers. Sure, we might get a few non-RPers this way but hey, it's not like we don't have those already. ;)

Guys, don't be unfair on the RP-PVP crowd. It is exactly the same issue people are suffering from. Back when the community asked for such a server type, it was the highest populated english speaking server. In fact it was one of the last still hitting high population in recent months. So it's not as if there were not enough players.

Now for you PVE and PVP server guys, sure, they might have opened a few servers to many but that's mostly not the issue you're suffering from now since once your servers had a decent population. You suffer now because 6 months into the game so many people have left for various reasons starting a chain effect making people leave for population reasons now. So essentially it is just as much your own fault for rolling on a 'light' or 'medium' server at launch. ;)

See? Stupid discussion.

Problem is, RP-PVP players are left out and something should be done about it to actually save this server type alltogether. I don't even think there isn't enough demand for it, since, as state above this server was absolutely exploding with population early into the game. It is probably simply due to the fact that this game has been losing players from the start... in quite a massive way. At the same time I dare to say we probably didn't get many new players at all in this period. If we had, I'm sure the RP-PVP population would look better.

My personal solution would be to offer the RP-PVP servers as an option for certain PVP and RP servers. Sure, we might get a few non-RPers this way but hey, it's not like we don't have those already. ;)

I think that taking the CM's quote to mean that BioWare isn't going to do anything to help the population there is a huge, erroneous leap.

It doesn't make sense. All he stated is that they're not going to use a specific method. That still leaves open a plethora of other methods to increase the population there.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I think that taking the CM's quote to mean that BioWare isn't going to do anything to help the population there is a huge, erroneous leap.

It doesn't make sense. All he stated is that they're not going to use a specific method. That still leaves open a plethora of other methods to increase the population there.

I certainly do hope so. As it stands now from a population perspective and the fact that the shiny new group tools and ranked warzones coming with 1.3 won't be cross server, I just don't see people getting much opportunity for enjoying them.

Yeah I thought this was the case when I read the transfers blog post, thats to bad :(

Hopefully there will be paid transfers not too long in the future. If not, I guess I have to re-roll or unsub. Most likely the latter.

Yeah but that's one "stupid" point, too.

9/10 of the players are allowed to use free transfers and 1/10 has to pay?

A bit odd, isn't it? :D

This is BS and im not saying just for the people on the EU RP-PvP servers but those of us on Ajunta Pall that were hoping to see more players come to Ajunta Pall,it looks like we will see noone.

Furthermore BW has not done any policys with names and the role play is within guilds 90% of the time.

Same here. What's interesting about this to me is that Jung Ma and Ajunta Pall are both still relatively healthy servers. I assumed both would be destination servers. Like I said in the stickied thread I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I don't envy BW's position here at all.

Same here. What's interesting about this to me is that Jung Ma and Ajunta Pall are both still relatively healthy servers. I assumed both would be destination servers. Like I said in the stickied thread I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I don't envy BW's position here at all.

Keeping plans under wraps != an oversight...

Lack of planning and last minute decisions != an oversight.

I've cancelled both my subs to wait for 1.3 and to see if the changes would be good enough to keep me playing. I was really hoping for being able to consolidate characters on one server and Lord Calypho being one of target servers. Which, sadly, won't happen with RP-PvP servers excluded from transfers.

Well, I've solved this slight set back by giving away my few millions and deleting all my characters. Now I've got nothing more to worry about. It's a relief, believe me.

Currently I'm helping to test 1.3 on the PTS and depending on how my experience from 1-50 and with the group finder tool will be, I might resub one account to at least experience all the group content I've missed due to low population.

I just hope I can return to a healthy Lord Calypho by then, as this was my favorite place to be in SWTOR.

For this to happen, I'd just allow transfers from any server to the RP-PvP servers. So noone would be forced to transfer to a rule set one does not like and mostly people with true interest would do so. But alas! I've lost faith. So only time will tell.

Thanks everyone, it was a pleasure. See ya on PTS!

I will like an official word about Lord Calypho & TRansfers

They shouyld open them as is a dying server with 60 ppl at prime time

i have done in the Fatman in 1 month what in Calypho took me months

Pls BW post an answer so we can decide what to do

Bioware please consider to make an exeption for both Jen'Jidai and Lord Calypho ...

We are down to ~30 ppl on the fleet at primetime and the warzones take longer and longer to pop!

Allow RP-PVP --> PVP and dont let our servers bleed even more... i play this game since early access and I still like swtor very much.

But i fear that my server will bleed to death with this desicion... so please do something quick cause it will not help to give us paid-transfer in 4 weeks or so...

A vast of the server don't really care about which server we go to, as long as there is a decent population. Let's be honest world pvp in this game is non existant. Personally I want to move to the same server as my WOW friends, and for that specific requirement i'm prepare to pay.

However what I'm not paying for to be TOTALLY ignored when every other server has their problems being address.

Secondly the details of any future moves commitment from bioware consists of the word "MAY" and ZERO details regarding any expected time to be able to move to a specific server or in our case ANY server.

Tuesday better have something pretty amazing or you can take another person OFF you subscriber list.

Some of you said that RP-PvP servers are dead. But Ajunta Pall (West Coast) is alive and kicking!

Yes, on occasion ques can take as long as 20 minutes, but it could be worse (besides average que on AJ is 3 min).

And yes, between 1 am and 6 am the server is pretty close to dead (200 Imperials server wide yesterday at 3 am) but I'm hoping you don't play that much between 1 and 6 in the morning - seriously, it's not good for your health.

During peaks hours 4-11 pm, the Republic Fleet has as many as 120 people, last week the average Imperial Fleet pop at peak hours was 90.

AJ is one of the few servers with a good Republic: Imperial ratio - 5 pubs to 4 imps.

We've had 1 Guild 16 Man HM EC and there are plenty of people doing Story Ops, HM EV, KP and the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss has been downed at least 15 times.

As for the PvP most of the open world PvP is A) same faction Duels, or B) Ganking the lowbies (I HATE "B").

The WZs are doing well, but while the sub 50 PvP is pretty even, Republic tends to dominate the level 50 PvP.

Edited by AshlaBoga

This is...pretty ridiculous. If this happens I'll be forced to re-roll on a different server for the third bloody time. I was originally on Ebon Hawk (RP server) and got to 50 but the server declined severely. I then switched to Jung Ma (RP-PVP) and got to 50 with several alts breaking into the 30s. At this point pretty much all the RP-PVP servers are almost void of people altogether... and the likely solution to this is to let us transfer off to a more populated server. 3 Empty servers =/= a whole. I can't really comprehend the sense behind this... - I love this game, however, I cannot for a second see myself re-rolling a third damn time - as well as abandoning the legacy a huge chunk of my time building up. - Heh, and I think it's bad for the RP-PVP US servers... 10 times worse for the EU ones :(

Bioware cares about the population ?

Allowed to transfer from Lord Calypho - I transfer - the server looses 1 player.

No transfer from Lord Calypho - I unsub - the server looses 1 player.

o.O

I would totally love the idea of having a US server as our destination. I am currently playing from US, in Lord Calypho and I don't have any latency issues as far as I can tell. So, if they can work it out, I guess we can play in a US server.

Or, just get rid of the RP part and make Lord Calypho's destination to be a PVP server. RP is nonexistant anyway, with ridiculous names and what not (of course some of them are hilarious. My hat goes to Trollface and fotm. I laughed when I saw those names). I sure hope Tuesday BW will come up with some solution.

Some of you said that RP-PvP servers are dead. But Ajunta Pall (West Coast) is alive and kicking!

Yes, on occasion ques can take as long as 20 minutes, but it could be worse (besides average que on AJ is 3 min).

And yes, between 1 am and 6 am the server is pretty close to dead (200 Imperials server wide yesterday at 3 am) but I'm hoping you don't play that much between 1 and 6 in the morning - seriously, it's not good for your health.

During peaks hours 4-11 pm, the Republic Fleet has as many as 120 people, last week the average Imperial Fleet pop at peak hours was 90.

AJ is one of the few servers with a good Republic: Imperial ratio - 5 pubs to 4 imps.

We've had 1 Guild 16 Man HM EC and there are plenty of people doing Story Ops, HM EV, KP and the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss has been downed at least 15 times.

As for the PvP most of the open world PvP is A) same faction Duels, or B) Ganking the lowbies (I HATE "B").

The WZs are doing well, but while the sub 50 PvP is pretty even, Republic tends to dominate the level 50 PvP.

And thank you for an absolutely useless post!

Nobody asked you really. I am not even on a RP-PVP server, but whats going on with these people its just wrong and as a member of the SWtoR community I want this problem addressed for my fellow players...

Its in no way fair for these players to not have the same opportunity that the rest of the player base has to improve their gaming experience.