RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

And yet you all chose a server with an RP designation....

Most chose it to avoid stupid names and maybe in the attempt to feel living in SW world myself(yeah, maybe sounds silly but that's my case :D) Actually there is RP here, but mostly within guilds.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another example of why mergers would have been a superior solution.

To be honest:

What they are doing right now is nothing less than server "merges".

There is just one destination server per server-group - you have NO choice where you are transferring.

BioWare just picked up a handful of "destination servers" that will be remained. All other servers are the ones that will be shut down after a special time period.

It just seems much nicer for the press and in marketing-ways if you first allow these super awesome transfers ( without having any choice where you go ) and in few months shot the empty ones down - but it's not as clever and as efficient as real merges would be.

I don't get it how people can / try to defend BioWare - are you serious?

Right now only the RP-PvP servers are the "losers" because they are excluded from free character transfers and it's supposed to be that their only chance to leave their server is the paid transfer on a date tba...

Edited by LovarBoy

Might I direct your attention to the entire goal of the free phase:

Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher.

Yes I understand what you think is happening; but the point is that the OP stated that Lord Calypho is not a destination server. Of course, what actually happens remains to be seen.

thougth i dont play on a RP-PVP server im curious to those who do.

Would u be happier if bioware simply decided to merge the eng fren and germ servers into one?

and would that possibally fix the population issue?

Edited by Kaisernick

Server need some love, as a customer i call BW to do homework. Check our server statistics , check with your own eyes active accounts and give us new recruits. If you leave server on his own than let your customers to transfer away.

Right now population is light , we need more people to feel playing mmo. Year 2012 , game developers trying server vs server events meanwhile your company cant even handle a server transfer (at least give some feedback for it !! ) . Even beta weekend transfers by other firms happens dear BW... Why all that silence? You are not located in North Korea dont you ?

Most people on Calypho waiting some miracle and free month players wont resub if you dont give any feedback in time . Please respect to your customers and reply to this thread immediatly .

My guild would also like some clarification on this!!

/bump

Clarification in what way?

I can post you the German CM's postings but I suppose that you won't understand that. ;)

Summarized ( the official statement ):

RP-PvP servers have no destination server(s) because of their regional uniqueness. Right now they are excluded from the transfers because of the lack of a "destination" server with the same type ( only transfers from same type servers to same type servers are allowed ).

Edited by LovarBoy

In the way that will other people be able to do a "free char transfer" to our server and/or will people on our server get the ability to "free char transfer" to another server PvP or RP or whatever.

Bupa.

Well that's just great. I got three level 50's on that server and I guess I need to pay for each character to transfer them to another server. Talk about a lot of money and a **** ton of time wasted.

I am not going to do that so I think if they won't come with a solution I'll just unsubscribe: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Double-facepalm.jpg . (Just to make it a bit clearer how I feel about it)

I think this game would've been so much better without EA *********** with it and if BioWare didn't overreact at the start with implementing too many servers.

Just merge the servers instead! 50% of the servers should be deleted and the others should be put together and you got a problem solved.

Edited by Reinoud

In the way that will other people be able to do a "free char transfer" to our server and/or will people on our server get the ability to "free char transfer" to another server PvP or RP or whatever.

Bupa.

I thought I told you that already. ;)

But okay, maybe you'll get a yellow posting from your CM's - the German CM's answered quite quickly but it seems to be quite unimportant for your CM's.

I was in this game since the beta and hit 50 in december. Why did I choose Lord Calypho? It was the only ENGLISH server at the time. Keyword : ENGLISH! I do speak 6 languages but I wanted a place where diversity existed as English is a language used by many.

I was planning to move my guild to another server. I am the GM of probably the largest republic guild and this news saddens me. Another reason for me not to continue my sub after the shadow nerf. If you guys love server hopping and rolling new characters with every change BioWare makes, I wish you lots of funzies. I spent too much time on my shadow to just drop it and level a new toon.

I was in this game since the beta and hit 50 in december. Why did I choose Lord Calypho? It was the only ENGLISH server at the time. Keyword : ENGLISH! I do speak 6 languages but I wanted a place where diversity existed as English is a language used by many.

I was planning to move my guild to another server. I am the GM of probably the largest republic guild and this news saddens me. Another reason for me not to continue my sub after the shadow nerf. If you guys love server hopping and rolling new characters with every change BioWare makes, I wish you lots of funzies. I spent too much time on my shadow to just drop it and level a new toon.

Would you rather transfer to an American East Coast RP-PVP server, or roll back Shadow nerfs?

that's what most games does. RP-PvP server should have RP positive features. One of them is naming policy. Name "FluffybunSkywalker Cocacola" is immersion breaker for most.

seeing as there are characters in the Star Wars universe named Count Dooku, Kit Fisto, and Max Reebo (who is a jizz-wailer, no i'm not making that up)

Naming policy tends to become irrelevant.

^^

This

We deserve to have a chance to play on the server with high population, leaving us no choice and no free transfers is really unfair. I am afraid in that case I will leave as well. I like the game, but I am tired of playing on low population server. I am really disappointed BioWare..

well you do have the chance already you just have to reroll characters. Don't be disapointed in Bioware be disapointed in the RP PVP crowd. People asked for a RP PVP server and Bioware gave it to them.

When did you role-play on an RP server if you hit 50 in December? Kinda missed the RP part of the reason to roll on an RP server in the first place, don't ya think?

well you do have the chance already you just have to reroll characters. Don't be disapointed in Bioware be disapointed in the RP PVP crowd. People asked for a RP PVP server and Bioware gave it to them.

Oh ok.

So the problem is not BioWare, it's the RP-PvP players - do I get that right? :rak_03:

Well on the bright side. I never thought i would say this but after dealing with Bioware for the last 6 months SOE doesn't look that bad anymore... I guess i will try Planetside 2 when it comes out...:D

This is BS and im not saying just for the people on the EU RP-PvP servers but those of us on Ajunta Pall that were hoping to see more players come to Ajunta Pall,it looks like we will see noone.

Furthermore BW has not done any policys with names and the role play is within guilds 90% of the time.

I cannot begin to express the dissatisfaction I feel towards bioware at this moment...

I wasn't aware of how they were going to handle the server"merges", but I kept to the hope that Lord Calypho, being the only RP-pvp server, might actually attract more people. People on RP-pve servers who might be looking for a more hostile environment or people on a PVP server looking for something more to do in their SWTOR experience.

I would have thought the RP-tag in a game with the star wars IP would have had more of an influence. To me the RP tag stands for so many things. While there are no RP policies or such, creative people and people who generally care about more than just game mechanics would be drawn to these servers. Ever heard anyone say "I rolled on an RP server because the community tends to be more mature than on normal servers"?

So... as much as I want to play on a server with a healthy population, I will not leave Lord Calypho. I'd sooner quit the game.

-- Kathriel

This is BS and im not saying just for the people on the EU RP-PvP servers but those of us on Ajunta Pall that were hoping to see more players come to Ajunta Pall,it looks like we will see noone.
It is fairly likely that the three North American RP-PvP servers will be combined, so you're likely to either see newcomers from these sources, or find yourself transferring to one of them.

It is fairly likely that the three North American RP-PvP servers will be combined, so you're likely to either see newcomers from these sources, or find yourself transferring to one of them.

You have far more faith than i do currently with some of the decisions that have been made with this game.

Except EU and US are different regions and i pretty sure they have said that you can't transfer to different regions.