Settings Save for Key Bindings

Marcus_Cade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've wanted this since the first day I made my second character in Beta. Even though I have eight characters now and am unlikely to be making more, I would love to see this. I am considering buying a Naga or the Logitech version and the thought of rebinding all those characters is a bit of a put off.

• 2 months later...
The absence of such a feature is why I haven't yet tinkered with my key bindings much beyond just adding shift+#, alt+#, and ctrl+# for quickbars 2, 3, and 4. I've thought about trying to put together a layout that would put more skills closer together so there's less stretching or moving for any skills that I place farther along in the quickbars, but if I did that I would want to set up ALL of my characters the same way. This would take quite a bit of time to go through characters that already exist, and then it would also be that much more set up time on any more new characters that I might create. But a saved profile of my key bindings would allow me to just import my custom set up instantly.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm amazed that the game still does not have a universal key binding set up for all your characters on a server! I played from beta until a few months after the first content addition then took off for a while. I came back and was a bit disheartened that I still have to set up my keybinds for every single character separately.

• 1 month later...

Come on devs, saving your keybindings across toons should have been a feature DAY ONE. It is totally ridiculous that I have to set up all my buttons from scratch every time I make a new character.

How in the world, does such a simple, and necessary feature like this get overlooked??? It just blows my mind.

Come on devs, saving your keybindings across toons should have been a feature DAY ONE. It is totally ridiculous that I have to set up all my buttons from scratch every time I make a new character.

How in the world, does such a simple, and necessary feature like this get overlooked??? It just blows my mind.

AGREED. I'm tired of having to constantly set the same keybindings every time i make a new alt (and i have about 28 of them all together >.<):D

This is a pretty interesting feature especially for new players who "take a look at each class and see what they like best".

My gf was reaaally happy with the copy interface settings thing ... and totally put off by not also copying the keybindings. (And not being able to turn the blue-glowy-look into purple... *sigh* told ya years ago!)

She hasn't even used her gtc gift yet, because she can't be arsed to set up all those keybindings AGAIN. So I guess this is a prime example of swtor losing a potential future sub (with an utter vanity item and pet addiction!) for not implementing a freakin "copy-keybindings" feature into the interface editor! :p

Features missing since the very release of swtor:

- Adjust color of HUD (just add swappable graphics if that is hard-coded stuff!)

- Copy keybindings

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...