Maras and Pyros: This is your patch 1.2

clearsighted

Such numbers are only possible when you go against a heavy healing team. The damage he did was worseless anyways, as shown in the objectives score, kill score.

Basically he probably stood in a corner trying to kill that scoundrel the whole game.

Also I feel always bad when I see Pyros without any protection numbers.

Oh well. As sad as that is to contemplate, I think the numbers suggest that he basically cancelled out an incredibly skilled sawbones (the best PvP healer in the game) for the whole match.

I'm not sure which team got the raw end of the deal. I think most would trade 1 DPS to remove the other team's best healer for the duration of a match.

I mean. There's not really an alternative in lvl 50 Huttball, than keeping the healers away from their ball carrier. or else that Shadow carrying it will just never die...

Edited by clearsighted

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. It wouldn't be an 'I win' button for you, since you're probably a bad.

You don't think having the best survivability talents in the game on a 45 second cooldown

Where maras stand out is that they have skills, which in the hands of a skilled player facing an equally skilled player, give them a vast advantage of 3-5 GCDs worth of 'unkillable' time, while at the same time, possessing such huge damage as to be able to kill or finish off many classes in 3-5 GCDs. You put these on a 45 second cooldown, and basically, they're available on demand.

Its obvious that you think undying rage has a 45 second cooldown. Because you can't attack while force camo is active.

When you don't even know the cooldowns of the abilities you are crying about about, you shouldn't call other people bad.

It's all good though, keep scrubbing that keyboard and QQing, maybe BW will nerf things down to your level.

In summation L2FP.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

Even with the Nerf to my Sin, I'll still eat Mara/Sents for breakfast and then poop them out by lunch. :p It's called kiting....slap force slow on those guys and they're just stationary sword swingers getting hit by my force abilities. Oh yeah, once they pop that 5 second God Mode ability, I hit them with my 4 sec force stun....you do the math.

There are ways to beat every class, but it seems people need to QQ about classes until they're nerfed.

Edited by thefishdude

Its obvious that you think undying rage has a 45 second cooldown. Because you can't attack while force camo is active.

When you don't even know the cooldowns of the abilities you are crying about about, you shouldn't call other people bad.

It's all good though, keep scrubbing that keyboard and QQing, maybe BW will nerf things down to your level.

In summation L2FP.

Spec rage (-30secs), get set bonus (-15 seconds) than you have in fact a 45 second CD on undying rage :)

Even with the Nerf to my Sin, I'll still eat Mara/Sents for breakfast and then poop them out by lunch. :p It's called kiting....slap force slow on those guys and they're just stationary sword swingers getting hit by my force abilities. Oh yeah, once they pop that 5 second God Mode ability, I hit them with my 4 sec force stun....you do the math.

There are ways to beat every class, but it seems people need to QQ about classes until they're nerfed.

Seems you just thinking about prepared 1v1..Current map design in SWTOR is non-stop jump into action or lost your objective!...

Seems you just thinking about prepared 1v1..Current map design in SWTOR is non-stop jump into action or lost your objective!...

Nope, I'm not afraid of a 8 man premade of mara/sent either. I'll play the objectives and still eat them for breakfast/poop them out.

You have clearly never played the class.

Look...

Here are our defensive cooldowns:

1. Rebuke

2. Saber Ward

3. Guarded by the Force

4. Force Camouflage

1. Rebuke is possessed by Sentinels, Marauders, Guardians, and Juggernauts.

1. Saber Ward is possessed by Sentinels, Marauders, Guardians, and Juggernauts.

3. Guarded by the Force is our *unique* defensive ability, and yes, it works amazingly well... For five whole seconds... Then, unless we have a dedicated healer, we die instantly.

4. Force Camo is our "Vanish" which is more or less shared by Shadows, Assassins, Operatives, and Smugglers. Yes, it is on a 45 second cool-down, yes it is really cool... We can also be popped out of it by any AoE or by any Stealth Detection. Not only that but we can't run around a corner and heal ourselves like certain other classes can.

Seriously... Stop crying and simply learn how to deal with them. They are all easy to diffuse.

Im surpised but you actually missed a couple. so We know your a pretty crap sent/mara...

Edited by Oscibi

And yet you dont have a problem with a guaranteed 6k aoe crit that bypasses all armor because its force based, right ?

It bypasses Shield/Parry not armor. However the 6ks will most certainly now only happen in extremely luck crit circumstances with a full WH geared against someone with 0 Expertise, even then I'm doubtful without adrenals and relics to empower them.

Look...

1. Rebuke

2. Saber Ward

3. Guarded by the Force

4. Force Camouflage

3. Guarded by the Force is our *unique* defensive ability, and yes, it works amazingly well... For five whole seconds... Then, unless we have a dedicated healer, we die instantly.

4. Force Camo is our "Vanish" which is more or less shared by Shadows, Assassins, Operatives, and Smugglers. Yes, it is on a 45 second cool-down, yes it is really cool... We can also be popped out of it by any AoE or by any Stealth Detection. Not only that but we can't run around a corner and heal ourselves like certain other classes can.

Seriously... Stop crying and simply learn how to deal with them. They are all easy to diffuse.

This...

Yeah. I was obviously referring to Saber Ward, and not Undying Rage or the escape invis...Saber Ward and the other damage reducer that lasts for 30 secs is just icing.

Im talking about pt bro.

Edited by LoKiei

I like how everyone cries about defensive abilities, the best of which last 4-6 seconds (this justifies their short cooldown). No one cries about Fury though...much more OP in my honest opinion.

Maybe you haven't played it either since you apparently think guardians have rebuke too. Look at you skills tab, rebuke is under sentinel not JK. Fail.

No one cares about crappy pug on pug action ok? We only care about rateds, and in rateds there will always be several dedicated healers, so GBTF essentially allows sents to get fully healed from death while being FFed. Nor other class has this ability. 50% DR on force camo is nothing to laugh at, nor is the root break (talented).

To top it all off, you guys have highest dps as well.

Yup, I already noted that I was wrong on Guardians having it, its been a long time since I gained the ability given that I was level 50 on my Sentinel back in December during pre-release technically before the game was even out and I don't have a guardian.

However, if we are talking about "Rated only" then how is that Sentinel getting heals? Or better yet why in the freaking world is that Sentinel being focus fired if the enemy team still has healers to heal him or her? In a "rated" Warzone ideally the healers would be the first people to get focus fired, and if there are multiple dedicates healers keeping the Sentinel alive then someone is a noob and a baddie and needs to be kicked from a team.

o´really dude go back to your mara lalaland... and you boast about being an "serious" critic.

A Powertech with reasonable damage yet zero protection telling others to know the difference of how to play one?

I wonder, in this warzone how many times did you grapple a player off a friendly healer/ball carrier or if you actually used an interupt, cause you sure as hell didnt help your team in any other way. And looking at the healing board, one could argue that almost your entire damage was healed by one Scoundrel healer, and with 7kills and only 500 objective points that says you wasnt that effective. Was you tunneling that healer the whole game?

If you insist on posting an image as if to prove that you know how play, please use a screenshot that provides much better evidence.

Rofl that is the first thing I saw as well, i looked at protection and laughed.

Seriously...If you're playing a Pyro Powertech, and you don't have any protection, you clearly don't how to play the character and should reroll.

Edited by Xsorus

Look...

1. Rebuke

2. Saber Ward

3. Guarded by the Force

4. Force Camouflage

Rebuke's CD is way too short, and its sentinels only.

Saber Ward is okay, it's a long cd move.

Nothing wrong with this except the healing thingy, it makes two Dark Heals/Deliverances to give you a new life, essentially.

Camo needs to reduce healing done, so it's actually better than a vanish in that respect. Not to mention the speed boost, and the damage reduction.

Along with Retaliation/Riposte (Wayy too low in the tier to be honest, anyone can get it), you go 30 seconds with passive 20% Damage Reduction and only 15 seconds without it.

I would say force camo is fine except for it removing all effects currently on the target automatically.

I mean I've seen people standing in the middle of a stealth scan or hit with some powerful debuff. The scan doesn't prevent the ability from being used and the debuff is instantly gone, even if they are revealed in the next second.

I think force camo should not be able to be used within the radius of a stealth scan and should not instantly remove all debuffs unless talented. I haven't really played this class much so maybe it is talented that way already, but it seems very curiously overpowered if not.

I think there should be only one class with one gear set since it would be the only way to truly achieve balance in an MMO. I'm going to sell this to a game developer and get ready for the most boring as **** MMO you will ever play... EVER!!!!

In summation L2FP.

Whatever. I misspoke. It can still be used ten times a game, and is more powerful than Saber Ward (3 minute cd) or Energy Armor (2 minute cd). How many other classes get ten out of death free cards within the space of a fifteen minute match?

At least I'm not claiming maras share Undying Rage with juggernauts.

If it feels like it's on a 45 sec CD, for those fighting them, it's because it's practically always available when needed.

i lold irl.

What's funny is that you don't realize, no really superb marauder would ever say that Force Camo wasn't a vital tool in their arsenal for winning 1v1 or 2v1s at max level. So you're laughing all alone.

Honestly, I wish more maras were like you. It would make all of our lives easier. Nothing to see here! Force Camo is only an escape tool for when you're in the middle of an open field.

There are several powerful tricks associated with it. But I'm not going to teach you how to play your class. Another mara might notice this and feel the need to get into it, though.

Edited by clearsighted

At least I'm not claiming maras share Undying Rage with juggernauts.

Deflection failed. Nobody made that claim, I did forget that Juggs and Guardians didn't get access to Rebuke, but that is hardly "Guarded by the Force" by any stretch. Nice try though.

Yes, Vanish is on a 45 second CD. It also doesn't let us do damage while it is up. (well... Possibly with burns, for one and only one spec.)