To the devs:

RJMazz

This is a formal request, though very succint, 'cause I'm not good at writing long scat.

Instead of nerfing a class, try buffing. I know many people are complaining about maras and tanksins (myself, never having problem against those classes, I play mostly IMMORTAL juggernaut and a vigilance sentinel. Well, I do have a little trouble with my immortal against tanksins.

I know, as an immortal Juggernaut, I'd like to deal a little more damage. I'm the master of the battlefield, I control it around for my teammates, and the immortal Juggernaut will have an undeniable role of importance in ranked PvP with organized teams when it comes out. Survivability terms, yeah, perhaps a small self heal like how Dark Charge can apply. Enraged Defense doesn't really cut it.

I know for example DPS commandos, especially gunnery spec are having trouble too. Buff 'em a little.

Try not going overboard. It's best if you do slow, small changes than sudden drastic ones.

Yeah, I know, I'm no dev and I shouldn't have more experience than you guys, but it's my right to vocalize and express my opinions.

Hope this gets read, this is sincerely trying to help you guys improve this game. Only screw up I know you guys can't change right now is the engine.

Good luck!

Buffing is exactly the same to anyone with a half a clue. Relative strength is what matters in pvp, perceived power is for clichéd movie villains.

If instead of halving one classes abilities you double everyone else you get the same effect. The unbuffed/nerfed class is now half as effective, relatively speaking.

Just buffing lots of classes is also bad design in general because it immediately opens up much more variables. Nerfing the one or two outliers to bring them in line will always be the sounder approach than moving the goalposts for the whole game.

Not to say buffs aren't needed but just claiming BW should try buffing because nerfing hasn't worked so far isn't really looking at the whole picture.

Edited by CaptainApop

This is a formal request, though very succint, 'cause I'm not good at writing long scat.

Instead of nerfing a class, try buffing. I know many people are complaining about maras and tanksins (myself, never having problem against those classes, I play mostly IMMORTAL juggernaut and a vigilance sentinel. Well, I do have a little trouble with my immortal against tanksins.

I know, as an immortal Juggernaut, I'd like to deal a little more damage. I'm the master of the battlefield, I control it around for my teammates, and the immortal Juggernaut will have an undeniable role of importance in ranked PvP with organized teams when it comes out. Survivability terms, yeah, perhaps a small self heal like how Dark Charge can apply. Enraged Defense doesn't really cut it.

I know for example DPS commandos, especially gunnery spec are having trouble too. Buff 'em a little.

Try not going overboard. It's best if you do slow, small changes than sudden drastic ones.

Yeah, I know, I'm no dev and I shouldn't have more experience than you guys, but it's my right to vocalize and express my opinions.

Hope this gets read, this is sincerely trying to help you guys improve this game. Only screw up I know you guys can't change right now is the engine.

Good luck!

you're not gonna get a buff to dps when using the assassin tank as a reason to why you should do more dps. immortal jugg is a great single target tank, and a great aoe tank(tanking multiple mobs) that's what the assassin tank can't do, is the aoe tanking. that's how they keep them different yet do their best to balance them with this in mind.

their dps is probably comparable to the juggs AOE smash tree. which could be why the assassin tanks get the little extra heal.

Buffing is exactly the same to anyone with a half a clue. Relative strength is what matters in pvp, perceived power is for clichéd movie villains.

If instead of halving one classes abilities you double everyone else you get the same effect. The unbuffed/nerfed class is now half as effective, relatively speaking.

Just buffing lots of classes is also bad design in general because it immediately opens up much more variables. Nerfing the one or two outliers to bring them in line will always be the sounder approach than moving the goalposts for the whole game.

Not to say buffs aren't needed but just claiming BW should try buffing because nerfing hasn't worked so far isn't really looking at the whole picture.

Because, honestly, I don't think the nerfs are needed. There's a difference between toning down and nerfing, of course. Think tanksins could be toned down, yeah, but coming from a point of a player playing an immortal Juggernaut, for example, I don't think sentinels and marauders need a neither a nerf nor a toning down, but I won't get desperate if it happens.

Dude, annihilation marauders are exactly the same as they were in launch, and people never had trouble with them. All it happened was a few people learned how to play the class. Any good player will look OP. There were situations I won 3vs1's in my sentinel, but hey, I play against baddies the whole time.

But, dude, disagree with me.

You really think the following:

Immortal Juggernaut/Defense Guardian - Terms of damage

Sharpshooter Gunslinger/Marksman Sniper - Terms of sustained damage, a very small bit in survivability

Scrapper Scoundrel/Concealment Operative - A very general review. Think it wasn't the damage that needed toned down, but the amount of critical damage bonus they get, and maybe a little more utility

Lightning Sorcerer/Sage - lol... Overhaul?

Advanced Prototype Powertech - lol... Overhaul?

Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary - Terms of damage, perhaps a little more utility and less predictability

Couldn't use a buff?

you're not gonna get a buff to dps when using the assassin tank as a reason to why you should do more dps. immortal jugg is a great single target tank, and a great aoe tank(tanking multiple mobs) that's what the assassin tank can't do, is the aoe tanking. that's how they keep them different yet do their best to balance them with this in mind.

their dps is probably comparable to the juggs AOE smash tree. which could be why the assassin tanks get the little extra heal.

For an assassin tank to be able to tank ops, they should be able to keep multiple mobs in them. In any case, they have less serious problems with threats than immortal juggs, but that's not the case.

The Immortal Tree is an excellent concept, but I felt it's a little less effective to play than the other classes people talk about, such as assassin tank and sentinel. Don't understand this as "I GET ROFLPWND", I still win 1vs1's, I still accomplish objectives and I'm still an asset to most of my teams (completely disorganized teams get no benefit from my battlefield control, no matter how hard I try), it's just it is indeed harder to do this than the other tanks at the moment. I have a bit less lethal power and the assassin tank can, if played right, offer the same amount of control (though not mobility).

For that matter, my argument still stands. I'm asking for buffs for the underwhelmed spec trees, not nerfs to the stronger ones. Tone up damage and utility for some of these trees, I'm pretty sure BioWare knows what's going on, but making other classes weaker will only demoralize those who play them and create even more hassle.

Double all Sage healer heals and make them all instas. ;)

I very hardly play healers, but from what I played on my sentinel, it's very easy to lock down a sorcerer healer. Six second cooldown interrupt, a few stuns and whatnot, unless the guy can kite me really well, which in itself is hard to do, heal himself and heal his party, he will die very fast. The class may be underpowered, but I can't have an opinion on this, as I don't play the class.

But, as I said, I find the sorc healer the easiest to kill. Especially when the sorc is going full corruption. That's not a PvP spec AFAIK.

Still, I kinda think your post is a troll.