New trial/F2P accounts (to lvl 15); what server will they choose?

SpazCats

Will many of the new free trial people (to lvl 15) choose Fatman or another fairly full server? Will they even be allowed to since it is such a full server already? Or will there be a trial only server? Sorry, I am not sure if Bioware has specified this info or not already.

If so, this could be bad for an already pretty full server. There was a queue again tonight on Fatman. I am NOT complaining about that, but I don't want to wait an hour to get in because there are many trial accounts already logged in.

On the topic of choosing servers... what happens when a person on a new trial picks a dead server? I can see that turning them off pretty quick, and obviously this isn't wanted.

Hopefully Bioware limits the new trials to specific servers, to prevent these issues.

Wait till after trasnfers/mergers as right now it is irrelevant to ask.

There have been no server merger announcements, so it looks like all our current servers will still be around in July, so I don't believe it is irrelevant to ask.

There have been no server merger announcements, so it looks like all our current servers will still be around in July, so I don't believe it is irrelevant to ask.

No-one knows yet what the server situation will be like after transfers, forced transfer and close servers or this super server that's been talked about, and I thought I read that this lvl 15 F2P (which I think is a great idea, most games have this) won't be introduced till later on this year, most likely Q4.

So we'll have people playing for free creating toons and by doing so reserving names which will be held most likely permanently, leaving actual paying customers with less name choices and struggle to find unclaimed names. Brilliant...

I think not. Do you actually understand how many combinations of words you can actually make out of the English alphabet? Trillions.

No-one knows yet what the server situation will be like after transfers, forced transfer and close servers or this super server that's been talked about, and I thought I read that this lvl 15 F2P (which I think is a great idea, most games have this) won't be introduced till later on this year, most likely Q4.

Oh, I saw a post on the forums that mentioned sometime in July for the trial/F2P accounts. I am not sure if that is accurate though. But if it is, all our current servers will most definitely still be around for then.

I think not. Do you actually understand how many combinations of words you can actually make out of the English alphabet? Trillions.

I think Lucyfer_Infinity has a point. I don't think he's saying they'll be no names to choose from at all, just that many more good names will be taken by players who never end up paying a dime to Bioware (by playing and never subscribing). Bioware *should* re-release those names after a few months, I believe, but I seriously doubt this will happen... they'll just say "soon" :)

I understand how many combinations are there, what i don't understand is why paying customer who wants to make toon named Billy, should be stoped from doing so by some freeloader who made toon named Billy allready and then left the game without paying a single penny?

I understand how many combinations are there, what i don't understand is why paying customer who wants to make toon named Billy, should be stoped from doing so by some freeloader who made toon named Billy allready and then left the game without paying a single penny?

Fewer name choices or fewer players. Take your pick.

I see there's a boatload of optimism as usual.

Free trials aren't a new thing so it's not like you can't look and see how it impacted any other game. Probably trial specific servers as buying an account and starting over on your server of choice wouldn't be a big deal.

I see there's a boatload of optimism as usual.

Free trials aren't a new thing so it's not like you can't look and see how it impacted any other game. Probably trial specific servers as buying an account and starting over on your server of choice wouldn't be a big deal.

I completely agree they're a good idea. I want this game to succeed... and I'm still here sticking it out. But other games don't have the server issues we have (I hope!).

So that's why I'm a little worried about how it will be implemented.

I agree too, I hope the new trials get put to trial specific servers.

You don't pay for your name, you pay for access to their server. Anyway, don't be silly, of course they will have to choose a name or they won't be able to play, of which they will eventually either pay or not. I really don't understand some peoples sentiment towards silly names when it's just as easy to pick another 1.

I think Lucyfer_Infinity has a point. I don't think he's saying they'll be no names to choose from at all, just that many more good names will be taken by players who never end up paying a dime to Bioware (by playing and never subscribing). Bioware *should* re-release those names after a few months, I believe, but I seriously doubt this will happen... they'll just say "soon" :)

Agreed completely that the names should be released after a period of time. :)

Hi OP:

If I had to guess, I would say the game would pick a server for the player which was (A) pretty full, but (B) not so full as to have a long queue time.

This would give the trial player the appearance of a good, healthy server population.