Consular Builds and their purposes.

mcglynn

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out that the builds in this thread are no longer complete builds, and for some reason, TORHEAD is showing all columns shifted to right by 1.

Edit: So I would LOVE to find a more complete build for my TK sage.

Edited by Ashu-ri

Your first role in pvp is die fast. Sage is too paper. Rock, paper, scissors and styrofoam (sages)

They need to improve the sage defense, the class with less defense, light armor and no defensive cooldown. All the time players come to me and I die in 3 seconds or 5 seconds.

I have a hybrid sage and completely disagree with this. If I had more.defensive skills I would be unstoppable. I never have a problem 1 on 1 except against stealth operatives. Everything else is cake 1 on 1. If your struggling I am guessing your being to ballsy. As a sage don't just run into the crowd you not a tank. Stay back picking off the enemy one by one while supporting your team.

When I first started pvp as my sage I will admit I struggled but once I learned my role I find I am routinely top three on my team in dps heals and objectives.

Honestly though I really don't find it uncommon anymore to finish a warzone match with 0 deaths. Can't imagine what I could do with more defense.

I have a hybrid sage and completely disagree with this. If I had more.defensive skills I would be unstoppable. I never have a problem 1 on 1 except against stealth operatives. Everything else is cake 1 on 1. If your struggling I am guessing your being to ballsy. As a sage don't just run into the crowd you not a tank. Stay back picking off the enemy one by one while supporting your team.

When I first started pvp as my sage I will admit I struggled but once I learned my role I find I am routinely top three on my team in dps heals and objectives.

Honestly though I really don't find it uncommon anymore to finish a warzone match with 0 deaths. Can't imagine what I could do with more defense.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, this is a lie. Sage isnt glass cannon, is only glass. With this logic sage should hit harder than anyone easly.

I see a lot of people claiming that, even on wow days people said those nonsense. But when actualy play, well i do not see a sage surviving in battle, people pass by like a rock passing through a glass window.

Just wanted to point out that the builds in this thread are no longer complete builds, and for some reason, TORHEAD is showing all columns shifted to right by 1.

Edit: So I would LOVE to find a more complete build for my TK sage.

So you have wished it, so shall it be. This is what I use.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600cM0zZhZfsrbdoMutz.2

Honestly, this is a lie. Sage isnt glass cannon, is only glass. With this logic sage should hit harder than anyone easly.

I see a lot of people claiming that, even on wow days people said those nonsense. But when actualy play, well i do not see a sage surviving in battle, people pass by like a rock passing through a glass window.

Unfortunately this is the truth. If you're a DPS sage, you do not have more DPS than other DPS classes, you do not have more burst than other classes. You are however a lot more fragile and are a priority target, to the point that smart sages don't use a lightsaber to not stand out in a crowd.

Glass Cannon without the cannon bit is about right. Of course healer Sages do just fine when paired with tanks. DPS sages can do 'ok' paired with tanks too, but that's one tank that could be defending a healer, and you still need a healer keeping you and the tank up from focus fire...

Of course, in chaotic fights amongst less skilled players, you'll do just fine, since you'll be in the back and people won't bother you much. But when fighting more skilled people, they'll bee-line straight for you the second they realize you're not a guarded healer.

One of the big probs for sage sorc is dot specs are great for the chart, low lvl pvp, max lvl little gear pvp and pugstomping. This is the case in most mmos, however burst is what is best for anything where it is a near even match and there are healers. This is what made people think mage was op early on since in low lvl pvp, pugs and with new 50s sage was definitely op. They also had a lot of aoe which made their chart numbers jump and with a lack of healing this aoe would kill teams.

However, now that ppl have geared up and there are many ptechs/marauders/etc. then sage is only OP in low lvl pvp and pug stomping. All other areas it is weak. But with ppl playing alts sage still seems OP and with sage still being one of the top classes for the chart (if that is your goal) it is hard to see it getting much of a buff whether it deserves one or not.