PVP Gear and Level Cap Theory

itsmymillertime

With the recent announcement that a new level cap will be implemented this year, i read that people are complaining that the gear they have now pvp/pve will be usless. I do not think so here is why:

1. 1 new planet, really should not increase cap by 5

2. level 55 'gear' is still less than battlemaster/rakata (rank 58)

So when a new player dings 50, they could continue to Makeb with whatever gear they finished obtaining through questing on ilum and move on where I do not see it being difficult to kill mobs from Corellia > Ilum > Makeb.

With doing dailies, if your in full bm/rakata +, you can steamroll mobs pretty easily and Makeb should give us a challenge as the mobs will become closer to the level of bm/rakata gear. Along with the new pvp gear on torhead.com, level 65+, it seems they plan on keeping endgame gear ahead of the level cap,so we should have nothing to fear.

what will be more interesting is how bioware will handle, if they do at all, the addition of more skill points and more abilities. if they dont add either, i dont really see the point of increasing the level cap.

what will be more interesting is how bioware will handle, if they do at all, the addition of more skill points and more abilities. if they dont add either, i dont really see the point of increasing the level cap.

My thoughts exactly. Lot of people are now in specs that they wish they only had 1 or 2 more points to become amazing......will be interesting if they add more points

More talents and more skillpoints just means that the allready ovepowered classes are gonna be even more overpowered. From past experiences I dont have much faith on BW's ability to balance these changes.

If it's anything like WoW when they increased level cap, the quest green/blues from the new planet will be better than your rakata gear (as it should be). This will put fresh 50s on equal footing with the vets. Edited by Smashbrother

If it's anything like WoW when they increased level cap, the quest green/blues from the new planet will be better than your rakata gear (as it should be). This will put fresh 50s on equal footing with the vets.

And it will go over about as well as it did each and every time WoW expansions came out. You remember those times, right? When guilds quit raiding 1-3 months before the expansion because all the work they'd have to put into getting raidgear and then to have all uber gear be IMMEDIATELY replaced by quest reward greens.....?

And it will go over about as well as it did each and every time WoW expansions came out. You remember those times, right? When guilds quit raiding 1-3 months before the expansion because all the work they'd have to put into getting raidgear and then to have all uber gear be IMMEDIATELY replaced by quest reward greens.....?

The very definition of an RPG includes progression, with MMORPGs relying on gear progression mostly.

When leveling up, you replace your gear. Going past 50 shouldn't be any different. When 1.2 came out, battlemaster and rakata got replaced by war hero and campaign. Such is the way of MMORPGs.

Only a minute minority complain about this. Nobody cares about their QQ.

Edited by Smashbrother