What is the difference between the General Discussion section and the Community one?

CJ_SAX_MAN

Lots of whining and "doom and gloom" posts in the General forum. I haven't been in the Community forum, so I'm not sure how it is.

My guess is that General is mostly for discussing general news about SWTOR and "the game" in a broad context. Community would be more aimed at server-specific topics like "what's a good RP server?" "Which PvP server has the best faction balance?" or "Are any guilds on <my server> recruiting?" The Community is also a place where you can tell stories about your adventures in SWTOR.

General discussion is definitely for overarching issues.

Community is for discussion of server wide stuff on the meta level, or RP stuff on the meta level.

If you're talking about a particular server, the post should go into that specific server forum, not community forums.

paige

Greetings everyone!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer the thread author's question!

The General Discussion forum are for threads that relate to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ but do not fit into any specific forum. For instance, threads like the following:

The Community Forum is specific to community issues. The Community Forum Guidelines state the following:

Welcome to the Community Forum! This forum exists so that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community members can discuss community sites, fan sites, and general community topics. This forum has several sub-forums for more specific topics like Fan Art and Fiction, Server Events, and more! All links and discussion must be related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Some threads in the Community area are:

We hope this helps clear up any confusion! :jawa_smile: