Will Transfers Ruin Legacies?

Lightstrake

When I got my copy of TOR in December I chose the server "The Courageous." Now, I took a few months break but I came back in May and I've been leveling up like there's no tomorrow. I finally made my Legacy, but I was sick and tired of being on a dead server.

I decided to re-roll on Jedi Covenant (#1 PvE server by population) and this is my permanent server now. I've decided when transfers open on (and if it's free to transfer to this server) I want to bring my characters here. Now here's the problem... I've been playing on this server so much, it won't be long until I make my Legacy again.

If I was to transfer my characters from my old server, would that bring that Legacy into here? And if it does, what happens to the new/old Legacy? Or is the Legacy 100% bound to the server despite transfers?

Thanks!

First of all, welcome back to SWTOR and welcome to Jedi Covenant.

You'll be able to keep your highest legacy level. For example, if you'd have a legacy level 35 on Server A and a legacy level 22 on Server B. After reuniting all your characters, you'll end up with a legacy level 35.

Edited by Sammm

First of all, welcome back to SWTOR and welcome to Jedi Covenant.

You'll be able to keep your highest legacy level. For example, if you'd have a legacy level 35 on Server A and a legacy level 22 on Server B. After reuniting all your characters, you'll end up with a legacy level 35.

I'm glad to be back, thank you. That sounds pretty cool. Looks like I'll keep my Legacy on Jedi Covenant =3

I'm glad to be back, thank you. That sounds pretty cool. Looks like I'll keep my Legacy on Jedi Covenant =3

Keep in mind they may not allow transfers to your new server. While we don't have any new information yet with full servers (fatman and jedi covenant) they already experience heavy volume and occasionally hit 'full' It does not make sense to open them up to a mass influx of players causing long queue times. Unless they significantly raise server caps I would consider a backup plan just in case.

Keep in mind they may not allow transfers to your new server. While we don't have any new information yet with full servers (fatman and jedi covenant) they already experience heavy volume and occasionally hit 'full' It does not make sense to open them up to a mass influx of players causing long queue times. Unless they significantly raise server caps I would consider a backup plan just in case.

Yes, you're right. Right now, we don't know exactly what will be the new server population cap. If it's something like 50k then yes, they'll probably give us the possibility to transfers to servers like Jedi Covenant. If not, we might have to transfer all our old and new characters to a new targeted server.

My plan A is to transfer all my previous characters to Jedi Covenant... if it's possible.

My plan B is to transfer my previous characters + my Jedi Covenant ones to a new specified server.

I really hope that Jedi Covenant will become one of the new "super servers". It'd be less hassle for me and the community there is already great. I mean, why disbanding an already thriving community?