1/12/28 Troubles... is it still the better dps spec regardless?

Toogeloo

Two caveats I have been experiencing with the 1/12/28 Hybrid spec are making me question whether it is the better dps spec over other options, like full Balance or Full TK.

First is my inability to "double dip" Psychic Projection consistently. I maybe get 1 double dip every 5 or 6 procs, probably because I am not spamming fast enough.

Second is my lack of good aim without exceeding the GCD on my Force in Balance. I try to queue it up in the middle of a TK Wave to give me a little more time to aim it, but sometimes there is too much going on on the screen that I can't properly get it where I want it, or I take too long poisition on moving targets (or while I am moving) to get it maximized effectiveness.

Are these common problems of the spec in general, or would these dramatically lower my dps to a point where I would likely be better served in a different dps spec, like full Balance or TK?

Double-dipping TK Throw Proccs have always been an issue with the hybrid specc. Things like lag, AOE Mechanics and whatnot can interrupt you.

I personally parsed all 3 speccs like a month ago. I had 1498 with TK, 1502 with Balance and 1512 with Hybrid.

So like 14 DPS on a single target tank and spank fight (aka the Dummy). Not much of a big deal, especially since no such fight like Patchwerk is in game.

I personally run 3/31/7 Full Lightning (TK) and pull 1400+ DPS through HM Denova. Especially for HM Kephess I believe the build to be superior because Balance and Hybrid don't have the AOE Capabilities (specifically the force to maintain Force-quake/storm usages).

Mostly its up to you though. The DPS difference is so minimal now its come down to playstyle preferences.

Double dipping is no longer beneficial. It is dps neutral at best and in a force starved situation would be detrimental. See the discussion on mmo-mechanics for the details.

'Hybrid' probably benefits the most from the stacking armor debuffs. Testing on dummies will not appreciate that difference. If stacking armor debuffs is eliminated in 1.3 then hybrid may fall behind.

Last i tested on the dummy hybrid parsed about 100 dps more than full TK (1300 vs. 1400) with my gear setup.

I also agree with the placing the aoe fib. I hate puddle aoe's. At least once on a toth/zorn fight I miss the mobs or fubble with the targeting. Annoying.

Hybrid is the most mobile, easiest to play and most consistent to parse. Its useful in both pve and pvp which is the main reason i use it. However, it is also the most boring.

Mostly its up to you though. The DPS difference is so minimal now its come down to playstyle preferences.

Yes, double dipping ended for Sages a while back now, so TK throw doesn't benefit from that anymore.

In terms of spec and dps doing Ops PvE content and EC hardmode I think gear is critical and deep TK, the new TK hybrid, and deep balance are all viable in terms of output. Once you get a decent ammount of campaign/ black hole gear your dps will be fine, before that it is tricky.

Most of the differences people get to in simulated or parsed dps is probably are due to style (I think Bioware sort of balanced out the possible builds pretty much in terms of output at patch 1.2), so if prefer nuking then I would go TK or hybrid, and for DoTing Balance.

There are some advantages/disadvatages.

TK works really well if you need a bit of burst on say a single add target in an Ops, but it suffers from your dps going down when you need to move.

Balance works really well on bosses where you will need to move as you DoT them up and do dmg in periodic style, but you won't have quite as good burst on say a single add target as TK.

So, basically I think can play all of the above in Ops.

Edited by Ewgal

Double-dipping TK Throw Proccs have always been an issue with the hybrid specc. Things like lag, AOE Mechanics and whatnot can interrupt you.

I personally parsed all 3 speccs like a month ago. I had 1498 with TK, 1502 with Balance and 1512 with Hybrid.

So like 14 DPS on a single target tank and spank fight (aka the Dummy). Not much of a big deal, especially since no such fight like Patchwerk is in game.

I personally run 3/31/7 Full Lightning (TK) and pull 1400+ DPS through HM Denova. Especially for HM Kephess I believe the build to be superior because Balance and Hybrid don't have the AOE Capabilities (specifically the force to maintain Force-quake/storm usages).

Hey don't mind me asking, what's your spec like and rotation? :) I wanna learn how to use TK spec for once