Friendly Health Bars Should be Green

Ripps

Currently there is no at-a-glance way of determining whether your target is friendly or hostile in the target frame. I believe that friendly health bars should be colored green and hostile health bars should be colored red. It would be great to at least have the option to enable this feature in the preferences menu.

My issue is that I am a healer and, especially in pvp, without looking at the ops frame it is nearly impossible to determine if I clicked on a friendly or accidentally mi-sclicked on a hostile target and am going to spend the next 1-3 seconds healing myself by mistake. A visual confirmation like a green hp bar would greatly improve my quality of life because my peripheral vision will always confirm that I have selected a friendly because I will see green and not red like everything else.

CLARIFICATION:

Hostile NPCs have a glowing RED frame around their portrait. Please impliment a similar design for hostile PLAYERS so they are more easily differentiated at a glance.

Edited by Ripps

It's a non-issue for you and the way YOU play the game. However, it is a suggestion from me based on the way I play the game. Dismissing other people's suggestions because they don't pertain to YOU does nothing in the way of bettering the game and expanding the population. Please think of this before you post. My suggestion stands -- it would be a QOL change for the better. I can't see any harm in implementing such a simple feature, especially if the option to toggle it on/off was present.

What you're really saying is the damn UI should be entirely customizable by the players from the get go.

It is beyond mind boggling why this was not done at launch for an MMO in 2011. Why waste any resources on UI when the players can do it 1000x better?

Just how badly they missed on this tells me how dim the future of SWTOR is...

Edited by Temad

Yes it does.

It can be somewhat confusing when your dealing with different people and different avatars. Not all the players are within 30ft. and you're constantly finding yourself along side different teammates.

I go by nameplates only if they don't have obnoxious nameplates like

Cipher Agrent Kardinel Val'Kilmer

The Longwinded Legacy

< Uncanny Irony Legion >

Edited by Lionflash

• 4 weeks later...
I would really benefit from health bar colors being customizable. It would be nice (From a Healer Perspective) if they enemy showed red and friendlies were green. However, it would be helpful if you could have the color change with percentage, Green>Yellow>Red, so that the players with low health are easily recognizable in ops frame. As it is all the red bars can be difficult to track especially during ops encounters.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just in case developers do read this forum, here's why I want Green vs red bars.

1. In pvp, it is hectic, and very often I find that I have an enemy targeted and have been wasting heals on myself for the last few casts.

2. Red just feels like an enemy. So many other games do this, that I find myself ignoring bars because my brain automatically views them as enemy.

Also, one thing I really loved that was introduced in wow, was color coded health based on class.

I still remember what color corresponds to what class. Priest = white, mage = blue, warrior = brown, druid = orange, hunter = green, paladin = pink. It made targeting and keeping track of enemies much more viable.

With people running around so chaotically, all the health bars in wow was like seeing cards getting shuffled around on a table, number side up. In SWTOR, it feels like the cards are being shuffled around on a table face down.